S8 only $424 unlocked at samsung

JREwing

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Google will not issue a Google Voice number for anyone anyone in the 906 area code, which is the entire Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Thankfully I got a number several years ago when I lived downstate.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Good question. No Google Voice numbers with 906 prefix. Also, t-mobile won't issue a phone number with a 906 area code. A lot of weird things when you live up here.
Why make it match? My cell phone doesn't have the same area code as the city I live. So what? Use whatever number they give you.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Good question. No Google Voice numbers with 906 prefix. Also, t-mobile won't issue a phone number with a 906 area code. A lot of weird things when you live up here.
T-mobile and Google Voice don't own any service rights in the U.P. so they can't sell or distribute numbers up there.

T-Mobile uses other carriers towers to roam off of which used to create a major issue with mobile to mobile minutes. It was considered an out of network call when using t-mobile in the U.P.

Greetings from a fellow Michigander eh

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I have reservations about sending a phone to a manufacturer or carrier to be judged for any reason. I hope all of the s8 deals pass on to the s8 Active, especially the BestBuy one.

I'm picking up an s8 this week for less than this deal though, in store, so I'm good for now.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I've had no issues trading in devices to Verizon. Either in store or mail in. I've always gotten the trade in value they had promised so I'm reasonably confident that Samsung will do the same. They provide you with a shipping label so you can track the trade ins whereabouts and know when they have received it.

dannyar11

May 24, 2016
Visit site
I cancelled my order because I find it ridiculous that it was not backordered when I placed the order but then was prompted that I would have to wait 2-3 weeks for shipment. Regardless of the price, I don't have the patience to wait 2-3 weeks for a device since I usually change phones every 2-3 months and by the time it would arrive I would already want the next new phone available.

Q1102

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
I ordered a black S8 plus last night and have not received anything from Samsung yet. Online, it says that the order is confirmed, but no shipping information. Hopefully it will be here in a couple of days.......

polo2883

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I ordered a black S8 plus last night and have not received anything from Samsung yet. Online, it says that the order is confirmed, but no shipping information. Hopefully it will be here in a couple of days.......

Mine took about 24 hrs to get a confirmed email. Currently my S8 unlocked is saying backordered.

dave92029

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
I ordered my S8 on June 20th, and it has been "Back Ordered" ever since.

I have contacted "customer service" several times attempting to get an expected ship date, but each time (3X), Customer Service says it should only be 1-3 days more.

I'm really disappointed that a hugh company ($175 Billion sales) would conduct a sale without having the inventory to actually deliver to order.

If Samsung doesn't hassle me about the $200 trade in allowance it will probably be worth it.

msp1518

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
My Verizon is in transit now about five to six days after ordering. The two unlocked S8's I ordered are both on back order. I may cancel them if they don't ship early next week. 90% certain I'll cancel the unlocked S8. The unlocked S8+ I do want... but I won't wait forever.

JeBe4

Banned
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
If my 1+5 arrives today, I may just cancel the S8 - keep my note 5 - or go try the Alcatel Idol 5s for $279 - 199 if you don't mind amazon ads

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine on the 17th and got it on the 20th. Glad I didn't wait on it because I wouldn't want to wait for back order either.

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
That's a pretty steep discount for a device not 3 months in the market yet. No discount is gonna mitigate the problems that are killing the S8. Whether it's $700 or $400, those infuriating issues will remain. A discount won't make it more user friendly.

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
That's a pretty steep discount for a device not 3 months in the market yet. No discount is gonna mitigate the problems that are killing the S8. Whether it's $700 or $400, those infuriating issues will remain. A discount won't make it more user friendly.

That seems a little extreme. Exactly what problems are so appalling about this phone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol