S8 only $424 unlocked at samsung

msp1518

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Samsung will send you an email with all the details including a shipping label. I got mine a day or two after the phone was delivered.

I boxed it up and dropped it off at a Fed Ex store. I was able to track it and see when it was delivered. The tracking number is tied to your order.
Still no email from Samsung after 3 days. I called and a kind of scatterbrained woman told me to just print the shipping label from Samsung.com and not to worry about it.

hybrisate

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine was accepted and honored and by Samsung. I received a confirmation email too.

Good to know- what did you send in? I was going to send in my 1st-gen Moto G, but the charging port is a little loose and I wouldn't want them to consider that "damage," instead of normal wear & tear. Plus, I like keeping it around as a music player. I instead bought a prepaid GoPhone since that's what I saw others planning to do. It meets the requirements of being in good shape and being an Android phone, but I hope I don't have any trouble!

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Good to know- what did you send in? I was going to send in my 1st-gen Moto G, but the charging port is a little loose and I wouldn't want them to consider that "damage," instead of normal wear & tear. Plus, I like keeping it around as a music player. I instead bought a prepaid GoPhone since that's what I saw others planning to do. It meets the requirements of being in good shape and being an Android phone, but I hope I don't have any trouble!
I sent a refurbished Moto E2 LTE which I brought for $0.99 as a promotion. For the S8 Plus I would be sending in an Alcatel prepaid phone I bought for $15.

Last edited:

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Samsung isn't honoring its Galaxy S8 $200 trade-in discount for many, leaving customers frustrated

Samsung isn't honoring its Galaxy S8 $200 trade-in discount for many, leaving customers frustrated
Samsung may not have anything to do with it since the company evaluating the trade-ins is a separate 3rd party. The trade-ins are a hit and miss as per the slickdeals thread but again, the only ones complaining are who did not get through. It really doesn't say the percentage of trade-ins that got denied. But regardless, I'm glad Android Police ran an article on it, hopefully Samsung can start looking into it and at least honor their T&Cs.

msp1518

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Holy sh!t. I am now very nervous. I ordered three phones. But I absolutely cannot take such a risk if perfectly good phones are being rejected. I have three iPhone 4's. All in perfectly good condition. Good batteries, no screen cracks, fully functional. Holds a charge, etc.

I received my Verizon S8, but the two unlocked phones are in transit. I will immediately call Samsung and demand a return for the two unlocked phones.

But what to do about the Verizon phone, which I am now using. I love it but cannot risk being ripped off $200.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Still no email from Samsung after 3 days. I called and a kind of scatterbrained woman told me to just print the shipping label from Samsung.com and not to worry about it.

I suppose as long as the shipping label is tied to your order it shouldn't matter. I'm guessing they had a larger response than they anticipated and that's slowing things up a bit. I jumped on the offer and I wasn't even considering a new phone! 😊

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Well I thought I'd update this thread. I just received the confirmation email from Samsung that my trade in was accepted. It took quite a while to get through the system as they received the trade in on June 26th, but I'm satisfied.

msp1518

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Well I thought I'd update this thread. I just received the confirmation email from Samsung that my trade in was accepted. It took quite a while to get through the system as they received the trade in on June 26th, but I'm satisfied.

What phone did you trade in?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante