S8 only $424 unlocked at samsung

dannyar11

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Don't know if this was mentioned earlier but Samsung is having a killer deal right now. 100$ off the top leaving it at 624$ then another 200$ instant credit for any device trade in. Literally any device as long as it powers on and isn't blacklisted. This deal also applies to the s8+ for 524$. They only charge you the 200$ credit if you never send them a phone or it doesn't meet the criteria.

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Just bought, torn because I was gonna get a red 10 from swappa but this deal is too good to pass up. Will last for a few years with a good case.

msp1518

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Damn I wish I saw this earlier! Spent $600 for an S8 on Swappa (hasn't shipped yet). New... But still... :(

I am looking for fine print on this offer. I have a new, totally low-end Lenovo A5500 (running Android 5.0.1) that I received for free in China. It's a China Telecom phone, but can take calls on China Mobile and Unicom no problem. 4G coverage, not so much outside of China Telecom.

It's clearly a smart phone. it works. It's not under contract. But will it qualify? I cannot find any fine print stating it will not qualify.

$424 unlocked is waaaaay to amazing to pass up. Seriously. If I don't like the phone I can just sell it and not lose any cash. But I'll have to immediately flip the Swappa phone when it arrives.

TheyCallMeBT

May 2, 2017
Visit site
Damn. What happens if you buy this and put it on Verizon? Can you get the features like visual voicemail and wifi calling to work?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
If this sale requires going directly thru Samsung I wouldn't get to excited. How many 2 hour plus calls will you need to make to get the credit after they have your trade in, then how many will hear their trade in doesn't meet the requirements, how many will hear a clueless rep say a ticket is made for you and you should hear back in 5 days and you won't. Dealing directly with Samsung is a nightmare.

dannyar11

May 24, 2016
Visit site
trucksmoveamerica#AC Trusted Member If this sale requires going directly thru Samsung I wouldn't get to excited. How many 2 hour plus calls will you need to make to get the credit after they have your trade in, then how many will hear their trade in doesn't meet the requirements, how many will hear a clueless rep say a ticket is made for you and you should hear back in 5 days and you won't. Dealing directly with Samsung is a nightmare.

This is incorrect. The trade in credit is applied immediately at check out and you don't have to deal with Samsung unless you sent them a broken or blacklisted phone. When they do a sale like this when they are accepting literally anything anyone sends in, don't concern yourself thinking they will be picky about what they receive back. The fine print literally says you can send in anything as long as its in normal wear condition, not blacklisted and at least powers on.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
This is incorrect. The trade in credit is applied immediately at check out and you don't have to deal with Samsung unless you sent them a broken or blacklisted phone. When they do a sale like this when they are accepting literally anything anyone sends in, don't concern yourself thinking they will be picky about what they receive back. The fine print literally says you can send in anything as long as its in normal wear condition, not blacklisted and at least powers on.
I didn't know, I said if. So biggest thing to worry about is how their recieving process is, which could still be a nightmare. Samsung involved equals nightmare possibilities are high.

msp1518

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I placed my order for an unlocked phone. $456 with taxes. I'll send them either my Lenovo A5500 (total low end pos) or the old iPhone 5S I have (that I need to fix since my girlfriend has no clue what her apple password is and the rest isn't working. Will likely have to go to apple to fix).

Heck, if I can get that 5S back to normal I'll also buy the S8+ and just flip it for a small profit!

Just need to see if I can flash the Verizon firmware to the unlocked phone.

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Who cares? It's a great deal for a great phone. The LG G6 is also running major sales.

That's how Android devices make sales. They run major discounts and BOGOS early because sales slow down early. A little over a month on shelves and Samsung already is forced to apply steep discounts.

msp1518

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
My girlfriend is now giving me sh!@ about taking her old iPhone 5S, which has sat in a drawer for TWO YEARS, as my trade-in device. Well I already ordered! So i need a trade-in phone.

Okay, just went to Swappa and spent $45 on an iPhone 4S in very nice condition. The Samsung deal for the unlocked phone is soooo good it really cannot be passed up. Even if I have to spend $45.

She also doesn't want to let me have our free to us Lenovo A5500 (total pos android phone from China Telecom), which i would use to trade in for an unlocked S8+. :mad:

Women... Can't live with 'em. Can't kill 'em.

EDIT/UPDATE: I went ahead and ordered the unlocked Samsung Galaxy S8 +. It's backordered 2-3 weeks. Taking a chance I can flip it. The unlocked version is the only one seemingly holding it's re-sale price. The S8 has crashed seemingly overnight, from just over $600 to below $550.

By the way, I ordered with Samsung's 0% credit for 24 months deal.

Last edited:

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Don't know if this was mentioned earlier but Samsung is having a killer deal right now. 100$ off the top leaving it at 624$ then another 200$ instant credit for any device trade in. Literally any device as long as it powers on and isn't blacklisted. This deal also applies to the s8+ for 524$. They only charge you the 200$ credit if you never send them a phone or it doesn't meet the criteria.

How much is taxes? Last time I paid nearly $80 or something. If so that would make it $504

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs