S8 Wireless Charging

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Went to the Samsung store i bought the charger. They told me some of their very own employees had compatibility issues with the older model. Some devices don't seem to have that issue but the majority have the exact symptoms mine has.

As a result the charger was given back at a full refund OR pay the extra difference for the S8 official charger.

Hope this helps :)

anon(9602380)

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site

anon(9602380)

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
I have both the convertible stand and the black one I posted earlier in the thread. Both are officially sold by Samsung in their store. The only issue I've had with them is when I use a heavy case on my phone such as the Otterbox Defender. All other cases work fine with my chargers. Both of my chargers have fans in them that help get rid of the heat. Worth the little extra you will spend.

beri

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I received an update last month (June) and it included a wireless charging stability. Now I have no issues wireless charging.

DrWeed5

Aug 3, 2017
Visit site
I have both the convertible stand and the black one I posted earlier in the thread. Both are officially sold by Samsung in their store. The only issue I've had with them is when I use a heavy case on my phone such as the Otterbox Defender. All other cases work fine with my chargers. Both of my chargers have fans in them that help get rid of the heat. Worth the little extra you will spend.

How hot does your phone get?? Mine gets to 42.8 while charging wirelessly. Apparently this issue stays with the official charger as found here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8/help/galaxy-s8-stops-charging-80-t3609781

anon(9602380)

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
How hot does your phone get?? Mine gets to 42.8 while charging wirelessly. Apparently this issue stays with the official charger as found here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8/help/galaxy-s8-stops-charging-80-t3609781

Mine gets warm but not hot. It's cools within a minute or so of coming of the charger. All fast charging chargers are going to heat up some. This is inherent to fast charging any type of battery. The faster they charge the warmer they will get. But the official Samsung charger stops charging once fully charged and only maintains the charge after that.