S8 Wireless Charging

A

AC Question

Hello,

I have an issue with Qi Charging (both normal and fast). If during charging i receive any kind of notification from apps like messenger or whatsapp, charging seems to stop.

Any tips? :)

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Does it seem to stop or does it stop for sure ? if it does could be the placement of the phone on the charging pad.
Or you could try enabling do not disturb while charging (i charge mostly while in bed anyway so my phone's in dnd every night)

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I have the Samsung wireless Charging pad and have no issues when I get notifications. Might want to try the official charger.

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I have the Samsung wireless Charging pad and have no issues when I get notifications. Might want to try the official charger.

I have the S7 charger. It's a samsung original i don't think there should be any problems, at least NOT of this nature. I understand if it wouldn't charge at all but this is something else.

I will try the DND function and see if that helps. As for the other reply..yes it stops as soon as i receive a notification.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I have the S7 charger. It's a samsung original i don't think there should be any problems, at least NOT of this nature. I understand if it wouldn't charge at all but this is something else.

I will try the DND function and see if that helps. As for the other reply..yes it stops as soon as i receive a notification.
On my wireless charger when I get a notification the red led light goes off until I clear out the notification, but it's still charging. even if I don't clear the notification it's still charging. Could that be what you are experiencing?

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
On my wireless charger when I get a notification the red led light goes off until I clear out the notification, but it's still charging. even if I don't clear the notification it's still charging. Could that be what you are experiencing?

Well yes, the red light stops and is replaced by a blue/green led depending on the notification. Problem is it does NOT continue to charge...it just stops there.

Do u use the S7 or S8 Qi pad? I doubt it's related to the pad, but just for info.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Well yes, the red light stops and is replaced by a blue/green led depending on the notification. Problem is it does NOT continue to charge...it just stops there.

Do u use the S7 or S8 Qi pad? I doubt it's related to the pad, but just for info.
That's weird. I use the official Samsung wireless fast charger from last year .

anon(9602380)

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
This one? (it's the one i have)
View attachment 262386

Just went through this with my Samsung wireless charger. I have the same one as you and the convertible wireless charger. I have an S8 Plus with an Otterbox Defender case. My black charger will only work with my phone laying in a horizontal position. And my convertible charger will only work laying down. The problem for me was the case on my phone not allowing a proper connection. As much as case makers say their cases will work with Samsung's wireless charger, they are mistaken in their claims. Just another scenario that could be the cause of your issues. This includes the disconnect after receiving a notification.

tattooed4515

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
Try resetting your phone. Every once in a while mine will stop charging wirelessly for whatever reason. If I reset the phone it works fine.

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Try resetting your phone. Every once in a while mine will stop charging wirelessly for whatever reason. If I reset the phone it works fine.
I returned a phone for the wireless charging issue. It stopped charging wirelessly period. Sometimes it would act like it's charging by showing the notification but the battery would continue to drop instead of being charged.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung slow wireless charger that I got when I had my S6. With the S6 and S7 Edge, I had to put it on just right or it wouldn't charge or would stop charging. With the S8, it works perfectly. I don't mind that it's not a fast charger because I have it on my night stand next to my bed and it just sits there until morning. I have not had any issues with charging being paused or stopped because of notifications.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Despite the notifications the phone should still be charging. When you turn on the screen do you see the lightning bolt inside the battery or do you see the blue light on the actual charger still lit up?

beri

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I feel this is happening to me as well. I have the new Fast Charging cradle/stand. I was noticing when I wake up my phone it at 82/83%. If I check before a notification it's charging fine but with a few it seems to stop charging

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I have an issue with Qi Charging (both normal and fast). If during charging i receive any kind of notification from apps like messenger or whatsapp, charging seems to stop.

Any tips? :)

My S6 has a similar problem with wireless charging. It has to be asleep when I put it on the charger otherwise it'll just keep pausing and sometimes when a call or text comes in it pauses. I do not have this problem with my S8.

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
The case i have is an official Samsung case (not aftermarket). As dumb as it might sound i didn't look if the lightning icon is on the battery when noticing that it doesn't charge..will take a look. As for the placement on the pad, i tried both vertically and horizontally and making sure it's touching everywhere.

Thing is, even if it's not charging, the device is getting warm. Sometimes it charges fast, sometimes in 30 min it does just 2%.

I will try to go to my local Samsung store tomorrow with my S8 and the charging pad...they told me it doesn't take long to test. This way maybe i will find out if it's something wrong with the S8 itself (which i heavily doubt) or there's an incompatibility issue or something else. Hope they atleast experienced similar stuff with other S's.

I will write back here after i find out what's wrong and how it gets fixed (if it gets fixed).

Thank you very much everyone for jumping in and posting, you were helpful :D

paridge

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I have a Samsung slow wireless charger that I got when I had my S6. With the S6 and S7 Edge, I had to put it on just right or it wouldn't charge or would stop charging. With the S8, it works perfectly. I don't mind that it's not a fast charger because I have it on my night stand next to my bed and it just sits there until morning. I have not had any issues with charging being paused or stopped because of notifications.
Same here.