When the new iPhone launches, what will you do?

tr1ad

Jun 16, 2017
Visit site
Re: When the new iPhone releases, what will you do,

I think I'm good after jumping over to the S8 Plus from the iOS Plus series... Note I said think

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

I don't think I'd ever go back to Apple's incarcerated OS. I don't ever even consider the latest iPhone. They are too locked down and boring for me. I like to customize the hell out of my phone. You can't even arrange your icons how you like in iOS and last I checked, Gridlock doesn't even work on jailbroken devices anymore. I'll read about it because I tend to read about all new phones that come out but that's about as far as I'll go with it.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

Ignore it, just like I have every release since the iPhone 4. I'll never, ever buy an iPhone!

derekeh

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site

I'll certainly look into it. I have no allegiance to any os, so I can change phones at will. However, if apple makes the next iPhone around 4.7" with little to no bezels, I will most likely switch to iPhone. I loved the original Moto x size and something close to it in a flagship device will win me over.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site

What will I do? Point and laugh at the people who pay its price tag for an operating system that hasnt evolved in years.

I went to iPhone after a horrific experience with the Galaxy S3. I stayed with ios until last year when I was absolutely bored staring at the same setup I had stared at for years. It can look incredible and as premium as possible but if you refuse to revamp an aging OS then no thank you. Staring at a design doesnt help me enjoy the actual functionality of a phone.

But they let you control the wallpaper ;)

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Nothing. Apple is technologically inferior to Samsung and they know it. The onscreen fingerprint scanner is the only feature that they have against​ everyone else (for now). It's not even that useful if a feature. Actually, a company called Vivo already made a phone with an onscreen FPS. They already lost the race for the first bezelless phone. Apple continues to market useless features and people buy into them. 3D touch, panorama camera, removal of the headphone jack are not mind blowing features. Apple is a brand name and it's what people think is good by default. The only thing I think is good is their fast and smooth OS and camera. Apple tells you what you should get or do in a phone, Samsung gives you what you want in a phone and do anything.

By the way Apple is Samsung's customer (they actually been customers) as Apple will have Samsung's AMOLED screens on them as well as memory chips. Funny thing is Apple tries to sue Samsung although Samsung is one of their suppliers.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

I've seen the leaks, those bezels! Ugh! So when it comes out I'm gonna laugh and laugh and laugh... Then wonder why so many buy it and call it groundbreaking.
I have always thought the same thing. How does Apple get away with offering something like wireless charging and get away with people thinking they are geniuses, which we all know will happen if they add wireless charging next round. Samsung has had that feature for years, yet Apple will be a genius idea.. Apple is now followers IMO.

HULKchampion

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Nope. Don't care about apple products. Perfectly happy with my S8+. I plan on having it for at least 2 years just as I did with my previous LG-G3.

Not concerned about always having the latest and greatest in technology. That will be a never ending chase.

GRUNT11B

May 20, 2017
Visit site
why would I want to go back to 2014. the iPhone will never have expandable storage, MST for mobile payment, NO CUSTOMIZATION AT ALL, no fast wireless charging, no custom launchers. iPhones are for the elderly, army wives and highschool kids. No solitary confinement for me I like my freedom.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

why would I want to go back to 2014. the iPhone will never have expandable storage, MST for mobile payment, NO CUSTOMIZATION AT ALL, no fast wireless charging, no custom launchers. iPhones are for the elderly, army wives and highschool kids. No solitary confinement for me I like my freedom.
You have a point, what if wireless charging is there, which it is rumored to be there and they add expandable storage, I know 😂, but just for fun if they did, would expandable storage change people's minds?

F_Benitez

Jun 22, 2017
Visit site

I'll get some random, biased $h¡+ from every single Apple fanboy about how iPhone is better than my S8+ [which it will definitely NOT be]

GRUNT11B

May 20, 2017
Visit site
You have a point, what if wireless charging is there, which it is rumored to be there and they add expandable storage, I know 😂, but just for fun if they did, would expandable storage change people's minds?

They probably will invent wireless charging this year but it won't be fast. They will call it apple air charge or some crap like that. As far as expandable storage, never would Timmy crook let that happen. Then they couldn't leach money from users forcing them to buy iCloud storage.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

They probably will invent wireless charging this year but it won't be fast. They will call it apple air charge or some crap like that. As far as expandable storage, never would Timmy crook let that happen. Then they couldn't leach money from users forcing them to buy iCloud storage.
Well if they were to offer expandable storage we all know it would not be any standard micro SD card, it would be different shape and probably some stupid name like I-memory and it will be better because it just is.

They will only do wireless charging this year, they will have to wait a year or 2 to introduce fast wireless charging so they can tap the Apple fans check book again. And wireless charging will only work with Apple branded wireless Chargers for product integrity.

But your right, Tim won't allow anything to take away from the cloud.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site

I buy every new device. To try out so yes I'll buy the iPhone. I don't have allegiance to any phone. It's not always about being first to market with something. Most often most new features are buggy and problematic then over time it get ironed out. It's just nice to see companies compete because in the end we all win.

msp1518

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

I will say this, gang... Been using iPhones for many years now (since the 4S) and have never had a software issue. Never a glitch. Never even a stutter. Never a cracked screen, despite countless drops (always in a case, of course).

The lone reason for my leaving Apple is their @******* decision to drop the headphone jack. I am keeping my 6S+ for years to come, but want something new and sexy and so I ordered the S8. Hopefully i won't choke trying to learn Android.

tr1ad

Jun 16, 2017
Visit site

I will say this, gang... Been using iPhones for many years now (since the 4S) and have never had a software issue. Never a glitch. Never even a stutter. Never a cracked screen, despite countless drops (always in a case, of course).

The lone reason for my leaving Apple is their @******* decision to drop the headphone jack. I am keeping my 6S+ for years to come, but want something new and sexy and so I ordered the S8. Hopefully i won't choke trying to learn Android.

I'd agree that iOS is smooth, very smooth.
It's not so bad over on Android ... First week with my s8 plus; I left iOS after 3.5 years just because I wanted something different, and iOS 11 isn't anything new besides fonts on the outside appearance.

Good luck to ya

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc