When the new iPhone launches, what will you do?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
With some of the rumors of new features of the iPhone, one with curved screen, wireless charging, ect, will you switch to the iPhone, maybe, no chance in hell, or are you one that switches to every new phone?

I love the S8 series and have no plans of changing this year. I think Samsung did a great job on this one.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Re: When the new iPhone releases, what will you do,

been in the Android game too long to even consider switching to iOS. I'm not a hater. I just have too much invested with apps, familiarity, etc.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking squarely between the Note 8 and it's open functionality and the Pixel 2 with it's fast but still open performance.

The iPhone 8 is a must look, but I always end up admiring those phones rather than desiring one.

njdan30

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site

Nada is what ill do, I was android person since the HTC dream(Long time) then switched to iPhone 6 plus few years ago and hated but gotten used to it. I used to carry both android and iPhone at same time when I owned my cell repair store but glad I'm back to 1 phone lol. I'll stick to this. My iPhone was cool for certain things but I like my androids slightly better.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

What will I do? Point and laugh at the people who pay its price tag for an operating system that hasnt evolved in years.

I went to iPhone after a horrific experience with the Galaxy S3. I stayed with ios until last year when I was absolutely bored staring at the same setup I had stared at for years. It can look incredible and as premium as possible but if you refuse to revamp an aging OS then no thank you. Staring at a design doesnt help me enjoy the actual functionality of a phone.

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site

I've been back and forth for years and there's just nothing iOS has to offer anymore, outside iMessage.

I mean, really, that's all it does.

Wbutchart

May 27, 2016
Visit site

I've seen the leaks, those bezels! Ugh! So when it comes out I'm gonna laugh and laugh and laugh... Then wonder why so many buy it and call it groundbreaking.

omelet1978

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

I think they would need to update their OS to something other than just a grid of icons as well as do a massive update to their notification system. I've tried the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 7+ and both times after about 5 months I'd had enough and switched back to Android.

Android is not without it's problems, but right now it's ahead of ios10.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

i switched to android years ago and never going back... the only annoying thing is my family still thinks i keep "up to date" on apple products/issues and i'm still their "IT" guy to fix everything apple.

At least google works well since my usual answer to them is "i have no idea"

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

I tried a new iPhone about a year ago just for grins. At first I was solidly impressed by its speed and ease of use. But, when I started using their notification system I found it weak and a real pain to use, but when I started setting up itunes and my music that was the end. Itunes is one , hot, horrible pos. As long as itunes is on the iPhone, and required, there is no chance of going to the iphone.

vwite

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site

With some of the rumors of new features of the iPhone, one with curved screen, wireless charging, ect, will you switch to the iPhone, maybe, no chance in hell, or are you one that switches to every new phone?

I love the S8 series and have no plans of changing this year. I think Samsung did a great job on this one.

Will test it for sure but most likely will not buy one and 95% sure it would not be my daily driver because of the OS.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site

I tried a new iPhone about a year ago just for grins. At first I was solidly impressed by its speed and ease of use. But, when I started using their notification system I found it weak and a real pain to use, but when I started setting up itunes and my music that was the end. Itunes is one , hot, horrible pos. As long as itunes is on the iPhone, and required, there is no chance of going to the iphone.

Same but i'll wait until they change/revamp the Os .Having the same boring icons they had in 2007 is just plain boring too so no iphones for me no matter what they copy from android lolz (wireless charging curved screen)

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site

Nothing absolutely nothing love my S8 Plus no issues here at all.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Don't know about switching but will sure try the new iPhone 8 with 512GB of on board storage. :p

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

I've never been a fan of Iphones so nope I won't be switching. I work around a lot of iPhone lovers so I'm sure I'll get a chance to fiddle with it though.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site

What i'll be doing ? absolutely nothing i'll just laugh at those waiting in line for weeks for a phone lmfao xD (i won't actually do this since i'm not that type of guy but still funny to me)

Might switch my s8 for a note 8 when it comes out though.