What are the most useful Bixby Voice commands for you?

vwite

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
Now that Bixby voice is active for those that signed up as beta testers, let's share what are the most useful commands for us!

For now the only use I have found for it it's for creating a reminder for example "remind me to go buy water when I get home" and it'll create a reminder on the reminders app with an alarm based on location, it is a lot more hassle to set up a location based reminder manually.

I tried it for conversions such as "46.436 kilograms to pounds" but google assistant is much, much faster for that and does not interrupt what you were doing to open calculator app.

What commands have you found that are useful for you that google assistant can't do faster?

Let's keep the "how to activate it" and "bixby is useless" comments for the other threads please.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Mines activated but I couldnt get past the 2 ways to activate thing. When I hold it down and talk nothing happens.

Edit: Had to clear storage data and reboot.

I will respect your wishes and not comment on how useless and redundant Bixby appears to be right now.

Last edited:

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
For fun:

"Tell me a joke"
"Tell me an animal fact"
"Beatbox for me"
"Rap for me"

Something useful:

"Write a text message to [insert contact name or phone number here] [insert message here]"
"How's the weather today"
"Set an alarm for [insert time here]"
"Launch [insert app name here]"

Last edited:

vwite

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
sometimes in the car because of the position of the mount the ambient sensor does not get a lot of light and auto brightness set the screen at about 40% when it should be at 100% so I can say "hi bixby set brightness to max" if I wasn't driving is probably quicker just doing it manually though

alwilliam

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
I'm probably one of the few that is liking Bixby. With the update a few days ago, I'm liking it even more now with full support for Maps and Pandora. This makes driving totally hands free with the phone. Makes you connect to the car's bluetooth, navigate, play certain playlists or stations in Pandora including skipping to the next track, opens and read current text message and reply to text with your voice.
There are so much useful stuff that Bixby can do. Little things here and there can make it easier. Like: "Open gallery and show me photos taken at Las Vegas". If you have about a thousand photos or more, this is a big help. "Make album of Las Vegas photos" if you want to organize and Bixby moves all those photos into the album.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969