Bixby Reviews / Discussion

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Reading alot of reviews from people who have the early release and Bixby & it looks every bit as good as they promised. Maybe even better. I signed up and hopefully will get the early release. Anyone here using it? How are you liking it?

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Re: Bixby Reviews!

It's limited. Does alot of what Google does already. Works mainly with Samsung apps. Doesn't really serve much purpose at the moment but maybe it will get better.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

A lot better than expected, so far the commands are great, I love the easiness creating shortcuts, it works great with a location reminder that btw was very easy and fast to create, I'm already in level 5 with 20 minutes of teaching it my voice and most commands. You can turn the phone off, reboot reboot in safe mode, etc... in a summary most of the settings commands are available. If you try to use it as you use Google Assistant it doesn't make too much sense but give yourself time and go to the app and learn all the things you can do and your perspective may change, at least it did for me.

Finally I see the reason of the Bixby button as it comes natural to just press and hold and give a command. Reason I don't use Google assistant more is because I hate calling any AI to wake it up and then talk the command, even with the Home button long press for activate Assistant to me it was not as natural as the dedicated button, I most of the time just forget that I can do that, if you know what I mean.

rhsortho

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site

I'm liking it so far!! it really does control much of the phone. though fave for me is "optimize memory"saves me several clicks for clearing memory:)

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

I got the email but when I went to set it up it says it's in Korean only.
47abb82055224a3894a305491349d311.jpg

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

Ok so I do like setting reminders with the button. Google reminders never alert me for some reason.

The one thing I would love to use it for is launching music in the Samsung Music app. For some reason it wont even open the Samsung Music app. Instead it opens Google music which I can't stand.

They need to give you the option to disable the button when the screens off. Now that I've enabled the button again I'm hitting it alot when picking my phone up or taking it out of my pocket.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

Ok so I do like setting reminders with the button. Google reminders never alert me for some reason.

The one thing I would love to use it for is launching music in the Samsung Music app. For some reason it wont even open the Samsung Music app. Instead it opens Google music which I can't stand.

They need to give you the option to disable the button when the screens off. Now that I've enabled the button again I'm hitting it alot when picking my phone up or taking it out of my pocket.

Your phone has the Samsung music app? Mine doesn't. Google Play Music is the default music app for Samsung devices going forward. They even have exclusive features for Samsung devices with it.

I'm enjoying Bixby so far. We'll see how many apps grow to support it.

blaine07

Trusted Member
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Found myself using it quite a bit this evening. Settings integration for me is awesome. Not a big talk to phone type of person but so far I'm impressed.

I'm throughly convinced a lot or the problems people do and are having with Bixby stems from them being angry it didn't launch with phone/on time.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Things I tried and worked:

- Set speed dial 2 to my wife
- Show my photos from San Diego
- Show my selfies from San Diego
- Show photos of my dog
- Play new releases from Google Play Music

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Keep the feedback coming. I am jealous as I was not able to register. Hopefully, this means a full version release in a couple of months.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

Your phone has the Samsung music app? Mine doesn't. Google Play Music is the default music app for Samsung devices going forward. They even have exclusive features for Samsung devices with it.

I'm enjoying Bixby so far. We'll see how many apps grow to support it.
You can Download it in the galaxy app store.

What I don't get is it's listed as a supported app in the Bixby settings but it won't interact with it.

B Hoste

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
One of the things that annoyed me is that I was in a room with a fan, not a huge fan, on and it said it was too loud to set up. I still got this message after I turned the fan off, but it set up once I was in a closet. It has worked great for things like "Set a reminder"; and "Take a note". Mine had issued when I asked it to open Google Play Music and start playlist Driving. It opened Google Play Music, but it could not find my playlist. One thing it could not do that I do like about Google it that it will let me know about any delays on my way to work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge