Bixby Reviews / Discussion

ConceptVBS

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if Samsung will allow Bixby to unlock the phone. That would be so nice to just sat Hi Bixby send text to... Have the phone unlock open sms and prompt you to dictate your message and send.

I believe they can incoporate that feature easily as it uses your voice as a voice password.

dorlisa

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
It's funny, Bixby does not understand me however I will be in my office and it picks up the girl in the next cubicle and repeats everything she says =(

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I was able to get on a Samsung beta with Bixby I can now use voice commands with her though they are limited it's pretty cool

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: Bixby Reviews!

It's limited. Does alot of what Google does already. Works mainly with Samsung apps. Doesn't really serve much purpose at the moment but maybe it will get better.
I did hear that it would be adding more apps at a future date and that she will also start to learn some of your phone habits I guess

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
So now I cannot wake up Bixby. I tried redoing my voice and it is unable to hear me no matter how loud I speak. If I press and hold the Bixby button and speak it works fine

Last edited:

dunamis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Bixby

I just got an unlocked S8 and so far I'm really enjoying this from IP7 plus. Love love love the size while still getting the same size of screen.

As a newb....I know that there was a Bixby beta signup but it's closed now. Can i download the APK i see online and use on my phone? I do see Bixby on my phone, but no voice.

I know it's in beta, but want to play around and fiddle with it. Or should I not bother as it might cause some more problems than worth?

Thanks in advance for helping a NEWB.

mundo472

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if Samsung will allow Bixby to unlock the phone. That would be so nice to just sat Hi Bixby send text to... Have the phone unlock open sms and prompt you to dictate your message and send.

This is working great, in exactly not there way Google has worked.

richv77

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Is it too late to sign up for the Bixby Voice Beta program?
When I open Bixby I do not see any info for signing up.

Also, if you do not have Voice installed, it only shows cards, right?
Thanks for your comments.

-Rich

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Its horrible. Very buggy. It also killed my google assistant. I am selling my phone going back to the lg g6

How does Bixby kill GA? They are not even the same thing?

Is it too late to sign up for the Bixby Voice Beta program?
When I open Bixby I do not see any info for signing up.

Also, if you do not have Voice installed, it only shows cards, right?
Thanks for your comments.

-Rich

Read somewhere this morning that the voice part of Bixby may be released tomorrow.

Found link.
https://www.sammobile.com/2017/07/14/bixby-voice-release-date-for-us-possibly-leaked/

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
the voice beta version is flaky as it may or may not respond to hi Bixby. at least on my S8+. it will respond to the TV randomly when sonething close to hi Bixby is spoken. I retrained it and getting that to work does not work most of the time. it responds that it can't hear me. While at Best Buy Galaxy kiosk it responds that it is too noisy. weird. hope the final version is more reliable ad I like it when it works. compound commands are fun to watch execute.

trido#AC

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Well Bixby updated this AM July 18th but still no voice.
VER 1.9.42.6.I am on ATT if that matters.
Strange all apps seemed to upgrade but no voice yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles