07-21-2017 08:48 AM
157 ... 23456 ...
tools
    I don't like the S8+ due to how tall it is with the new aspect ratio. I'm sure the Note 8 will be about the same size, so I'm just not interested.
    06-27-2017 08:17 PM
    Probably not. getting to be too expensive and I've bought a lot of phones and cases over the last 15 months! besides the spen, it won't be a huge upgrade and smaller battery!

I miss the spen even though I didn't use it a lot. What I might do is over the summer is when the price of the Tab s3 goes down again is pick that up for the spen fix. $500 as it was just on sale is a tad too expensive still. Hoping it goes to $450 or that they come out with a smaller 8.7 inch version which would be cheaper and much easier to use and lug around. 9.7 inch a bit too big for my taste.

With the S8 plus having a jumbo screen I think it will cut into Note sales since people will already have a big screen unlike in previous years with the Galaxy S line. I mean yes I got the money for the note but I simply can't keep spending thousands every year on phones that go obsolete in a year. I think I will get the Tab s3 later in the year.
    06-28-2017 02:44 AM
    been a note fan since Note3 and had them all up to 7, but I think I might be skipping the 8 if the battery is (as rumored) smaller than my s8+. although I do miss the s-pen! I wish Samsung would just make a thicker phone with a bigger battery instead of cramming things in to be "thin".
    Or bring back removable so people can swap or install battery mod! Don't really see this happening though. The newvSD 835 is very battery efficient so there's no real need. However, Samsung is still using Quick Charge 2.0!
    Doug Moffat likes this.
    06-28-2017 09:32 AM
    I don't like the S8+ due to how tall it is with the new aspect ratio. I'm sure the Note 8 will be about the same size, so I'm just not interested.
    I think they will keep the wide length size like the previous Note. User needs a wider screen to actually use the S Pen... Probably will have minimal curves since you need A FLAT SCREEN for the S Pen! S8-like design won't work, it'll probably look more like the Note 7 with bezels cut off.
    06-28-2017 09:37 AM
    Besides the S pen, what is so special about the note 8 for someone to upgrade?
    6GB of RAM. I'm finding that more RAM is better for a smoother overall experience, especially when web browsing and having multiple apps opened. The Note series always had 1GB more RAM. Some find the S Pen very useful (especially if you know all the features and functions).
    recDNA likes this.
    06-28-2017 09:40 AM
    Probably not. getting to be too expensive and I've bought a lot of phones and cases over the last 15 months! besides the spen, it won't be a huge upgrade and smaller battery!

I miss the spen even though I didn't use it a lot. What I might do is over the summer is when the price of the Tab s3 goes down again is pick that up for the spen fix. $500 as it was just on sale is a tad too expensive still. Hoping it goes to $450 or that they come out with a smaller 8.7 inch version which would be cheaper and much easier to use and lug around. 9.7 inch a bit too big for my taste.

With the S8 plus having a jumbo screen I think it will cut into Note sales since people will already have a big screen unlike in previous years with the Galaxy S line. I mean yes I got the money for the note but I simply can't keep spending thousands every year on phones that go obsolete in a year. I think I will get the Tab s3 later in the year.
    Keep in mind that the S8 Plus still has a narrower screen. Regular Note screen should be wider, and I'm guessing this year it'll be bigger than 6.2'. Maybe 6.5'. Personally didn't like the narrow screen of the S8+, felt small still
    recDNA likes this.
    06-28-2017 09:43 AM
    I think they will keep the wide length size like the previous Note. User needs a wider screen to actually use the S Pen... Probably will have minimal curves since you need A FLAT SCREEN for the S Pen! S8-like design won't work, it'll probably look more like the Note 7 with bezels cut off.
    The s8 and note 7 curves are the same. The S pen worked fine on the note 7 so no you don't need a flat screen to use the S pen.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    06-28-2017 09:30 PM
    Will wait and see. I loved my note 7 it was perfect. Felt great in hand. I have a s8 plus now and really happy with it. I am on jump. I will need to pay off 200. That's doable.
    06-28-2017 10:03 PM
    As I noted previously, replaceable battery and I'm in. Otherwise I'm tapped out. Purchased the S8 (which I cherish) and the Galaxy Book 12. Am in the process of connecting the two to see if I can squeeze out a little extra productivity.

Must say that the Galaxy Book w/LTE and running Windows 10 is superb.
    06-28-2017 10:35 PM
    The s8 and note 7 curves are the same. The S pen worked fine on the note 7 so no you don't need a flat screen to use the S pen.
    I did have issues with the edges and my spen on the Note 7, but mainly in a drawing type mode. I wish the 8+ were a little wider
    recDNA likes this.
    06-29-2017 04:09 AM
    Will wait and see. I loved my note 7 it was perfect. Felt great in hand. I have a s8 plus now and really happy with it. I am on jump. I will need to pay off 200. That's doable.
    Jump here as well and I'm a little over 200 on the 8+, but I also have a Note 5 that currently jump is at 180 appx (didn't buy it long ago).
    06-29-2017 04:10 AM
    Just purchased the S8+ unlocked about two weeks ago. Like it a lot. Paid it off in full. Hopefully, the Note won't be as expensive as the reports say. Knowing how I am, I'll end up getting it. More money than brains.
    06-29-2017 05:37 AM
    Just purchased the S8+ unlocked about two weeks ago. Like it a lot. Paid it off in full. Hopefully, the Note won't be as expensive as the reports say. Knowing how I am, I'll end up getting it. More money than brains.
    More money than brains. LOL I love it.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    06-29-2017 06:18 PM
    What is everyone figuring the price will be? I just can't imagine a grand for a phone!

I still miss my Note 7 and would rather have that than my S8 Plus even though the S8 is much more smooth and less laggy.

I wouldn't have bought the Plus if I had the Note still. I would have waited for the Note 8.

I just can't justify spending another grand on a phone and cases for it again all within a years time. I might get the Tab s3 just to have the spen once the price goes down again. Waiting to see if they have an 8.7 inch tab s3.
    06-29-2017 06:30 PM
    What is everyone figuring the price will be? I just can't imagine a grand for a phone!

I still miss my Note 7 and would rather have that than my S8 Plus even though the S8 is much more smooth and less laggy.

I wouldn't have bought the Plus if I had the Note still. I would have waited for the Note 8.

I just can't justify spending another grand on a phone and cases for it again all within a years time. I might get the Tab s3 just to have the spen once the price goes down again. Waiting to see if they have an 8.7 inch tab s3.
    $925. After taxes $1000
    06-29-2017 07:10 PM
    06-29-2017 07:18 PM
    $925. After taxes $1000
    Yikes! Then factor in buying a couple cases too like I do and looking at an $1100 device! Even with a trade in it would be a lot still.
    06-29-2017 07:27 PM
    Yikes! Then factor in buying a couple cases too like I do and looking at an $1100 device! Even with a trade in it would be a lot still.
    Yeah it's gotta be pretty incredible to get me to buy it this time around. The big thing turning me off is making it bigger than the S8+. Keep it the same size as the S8+, dual cameras, 6gb ram, and I'll strongly consider it. At that point I "may" get $500 for my S8 so it's still another $500 for a size I'm really not a fan of.
    06-29-2017 07:31 PM
    Flat screen, I'll be all over it.
    recDNA and sydneycooper1979 like this.
    06-29-2017 09:23 PM

After using my Chromebook Plus - I have no need for an additional S-Pen so I don't really care (like you) to spend so much $ on silly phones every 6-11 months
    06-30-2017 01:31 AM
    I mistakenly bought the s8 and i need a bigger phone so the note 8 is on my radar.
    06-30-2017 05:26 AM
    I bet the majority of you will. I'm thinking the Note 8 will be less curvy which is better for some who find it annoying. The Note 7 was almost a success if it wasn't for that battery issue. Who else is looking forward to it? What are you gonna do with your S8?

Edit: my guesstimate for retail price is $849.99 - $879.99. The S8 Plus was $849.99. Who knows, it might even cost more than that and I think people are still willing to shell out money for it like last year.
    Well the S8 is the first Samsung device I've ever owned and I'm pretty much in love with it. I'll consider a Note down the line, but the S8 is definitely my phone for 2017 and going into 2018. We'll see what happens next year.
    06-30-2017 06:30 AM
    I doubt I will. I'm holding out for the LG V30 to see what that brings but I'm hoping to have this phone for close to a year. I need to stop my habit of upgrading my phone every 6 months. We'll see how that goes... Lol
    06-30-2017 07:26 AM
    I think I'll hold on to my S8 for a while. Really like this phone right now.
    06-30-2017 08:04 AM
    I mistakenly bought the s8 and i need a bigger phone so the note 8 is on my radar.
    I don't think that the Note 8 will be much bigger then the S8+ right now. The S8+ is a bit wide display wise then my Note 5.
    06-30-2017 08:43 AM
157 ... 23456 ...