07-21-2017 08:48 AM
157 ... 34567
tools
    I doubt I will. I'm holding out for the LG V30 to see what that brings but I'm hoping to have this phone for close to a year. I need to stop my habit of upgrading my phone every 6 months. We'll see how that goes... Lol
    I see the future and I can tell you it doesn't look too good for you lol (from a phone addiction perspective)
    recDNA likes this.
    06-30-2017 09:01 AM
    I need to stop my habit of upgrading my phone every 6 months. We'll see how that goes... Lol
    Good luck with that. That's what I said when I had my s 5 for 11 months and got the note 4 after I said I'd never get a phablet . Had that one for about 7 months and there's the note 5 all shiny and pretty . Had the note 5 for 8 months and then I got the note 7/s7 edge. Then six months later I now have a s8 plus. I already lied in this thread once about not getting the note 8, but as you can see my no will turn into a yes eventually. We need help lol
    amyf27 and kevinpleasants like this.
    06-30-2017 03:12 PM
    Good luck with that. That's what I said when I had my s 5 for 11 months and got the note 4 after I said I'd never get a phablet . Had that one for about 7 months and there's the note 5 all shiny and pretty . Had the note 5 for 8 months and then I got the note 7/s7 edge. Then six months later I now have a s8 plus. I already lied in this thread once about not getting the note 8, but as you can see my no will turn into a yes eventually. We need help lol
    You sound like me ๐Ÿ˜„. Since note 7, I've been medling among s7 edge, nexus 6p, LG v20, Note 5, and 8+. Currently have 8+ and Note 5.
    06-30-2017 03:37 PM
    Add me to the list please. Have S8 Plus. I'm saying no NO to Note 8 now but we all know what is going to happen.
    sweetypie31 and amyf27 like this.
    06-30-2017 04:37 PM
    As long as I stay out of best buy I'll be good. Playing with the phone will make me want it. Had I never touched the 8 plus I'd still be on my 7 edge. Now I've tossed that phone to the side like a step child. Lol
    06-30-2017 04:55 PM
    Samsung usually takes what you get with the S series and refines it. It's not something you're going to get unless you use one. This year I expect, better FPS location, better Bixby, better cameras, more subtle curves and better software.
    How long will we have to wait for Bixbie to go away?
    06-30-2017 04:55 PM
    The Note 8 should be a workhorses not a fragile glass device competing with Apple for style.

Replaceable battery, IF blaster, HDMI connectivity, improved S Note capabilities, unbreakable S pen, indestructible body, improved speakers, etc.

I don't care if it's thicker or wider. I love my S8+ but will always be seduced by the concept of the Note series.
    From your keypad to Samsung's eyes. +1
    06-30-2017 04:56 PM
    Had all the Notes with the exception of the first. The one that gave me the greatest joy was the Note 3. I've moved onto the S8 for technical reasons but will always have a soft spot for the Note 3.
    My Note 3 is still in my bedroom on wifi only and still works great!
    amyf27 likes this.
    06-30-2017 04:57 PM
    Everything you want would be the size of a DVD player.
    Since everything he described is in the Note 3 I don't see why.
    06-30-2017 04:59 PM
    How long will we have to wait for Bixbie to go away?
    I'd guess 4 years minimum. Theyve invested too much to just give up on it. It's in their best interests at this point to make it great.
    06-30-2017 05:00 PM
    Yikes! Then factor in buying a couple cases too like I do and looking at an $1100 device! Even with a trade in it would be a lot still.
    And utterly outdated in 2 years. 1 year if you're a maniac like most of us here! LOL
    06-30-2017 05:03 PM
    As long as I stay out of best buy I'll be good. Playing with the phone will make me want it. Had I never touched the 8 plus I'd still be on my 7 edge. Now I've tossed that phone to the side like a step child. Lol
    Best Buy visit prompted me to upgrade the preorder from 8 to 8+. I think I'll end up getting the Note 8. Just not sure if by preorder or wait a bit
    06-30-2017 05:04 PM
    My Note 3 is still in my bedroom on wifi only and still works great!
    My original phablet obsession ๐Ÿ˜Š
    06-30-2017 05:04 PM
    I'd guess 4 years minimum. Theyve invested too much to just give up on it. It's in their best interests at this point to make it great.
    I'll never see the need for the button. It's just weird.
    gendo667 likes this.
    06-30-2017 05:06 PM
    I'll never see the need for the button. It's just weird.
    I don't find it necessary but I'm trying to get some use out of. Best case for those of use who don't like it are to disable all the Bixby stuff or remap the button.

I wish they would have made it like the active series button that could be remapped. I loved that button.
    06-30-2017 05:09 PM
    I don't find it necessary but I'm trying to get some use out of. Best case for those of use who don't like it are to disable all the Bixby stuff or remap the button.

I wish they would have made it like the active series button that could be remapped. I loved that button.
    Yes if it could be remapped at least it would have some use. It was originally and they updated just to kill it. Bad thing to do in such an expensive device.
    gendo667 likes this.
    06-30-2017 05:11 PM
    Yes if it could be remapped at least it would have some use. It was originally and they updated just to kill it. Bad thing to do in such an expensive device.
    You can still remap it. It was only killed for a day or 2.
    recDNA likes this.
    06-30-2017 05:12 PM
    I'd love to just have the ability to turn the button off. Thankfully, I don't hit it accidentally often at all really.
    06-30-2017 05:13 PM
    I'd love to just have the ability to turn the button off. Thankfully, I don't hit it accidentally often at all really.
    Package disabler pro can disable the button.
    recDNA likes this.
    06-30-2017 05:23 PM
    Package disabler pro can disable the button.
    I'd only use it for one thing. Don't really care to spend funds on that. Personal preference. And like I said, I don't hit the button that often.
    06-30-2017 05:42 PM
    Everything you want would be the size of a DVD player.
    Lol
    06-30-2017 05:47 PM
    I think they will keep the wide length size like the previous Note. User needs a wider screen to actually use the S Pen... Probably will have minimal curves since you need A FLAT SCREEN for the S Pen! S8-like design won't work, it'll probably look more like the Note 7 with bezels cut off.
    Most actual Note pen users would agree, but never doubt the power of the Samsung management bubble. Effectively they don't give a shoot. Seems the spec leaks are likely legit, which means same ratio as S8+ and barely bigger. Smaller battery makes sense as well since need to make room for the pen. Samsung is not going thick or wide. Samsung marketing has spoken!
    06-30-2017 06:13 PM
    And let's not forget, most people buying the Note 8 DO NOT currently own an S8/S8 plus.

For them, these phones will be entirely new.
    06-30-2017 06:21 PM
    Best Buy visit prompted me to upgrade the preorder from 8 to 8+. I think I'll end up getting the Note 8. Just not sure if by preorder or wait a bit
    IF I were to get it I would wait a couple months and see if they slash the price and offer incentives like they're with the s8. It's not like I'm using the S7 Edge and dying for a bigger screen. I can hold off for a bit on the Note because I got the S8 Plus already. If Best Buy sells the unlocked version with the $200 giftcard offer I might bite if the price is right.

However I'm thinking of just buying the tab s3 when the price goes down and use the spen on that.
    amyf27 likes this.
    07-01-2017 12:53 AM
    IF I were to get it I would wait a couple months and see if they slash the price and offer incentives like they're with the s8. It's not like I'm using the S7 Edge and dying for a bigger screen. I can hold off for a bit on the Note because I got the S8 Plus already. If Best Buy sells the unlocked version with the $200 giftcard offer I might bite if the price is right.

However I'm thinking of just buying the tab s3 when the price goes down and use the spen on that.
    I don't have any tablets at the moment. was thinking about one maybe. Husband idea t3ch and has these laptops all over the place but I like the portability of the phones and tablets.
    07-01-2017 10:07 AM
157 ... 34567