Are you dumping your S8 / S8 Plus when the Note 8 comes out?

novice

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
The Note 8 should be a workhorses not a fragile glass device competing with Apple for style.

Replaceable battery, IF blaster, HDMI connectivity, improved S Note capabilities, unbreakable S pen, indestructible body, improved speakers, etc.

I don't care if it's thicker or wider. I love my S8+ but will always be seduced by the concept of the Note series.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I've owned the original Note, Note 2,3,4,5,7,8(tablet) and 10.1. I can't see myself skipping out on this one but who knows. The price has to be right.

rhsortho

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
been a note fan since Note3 and had them all up to 7, but I think I might be skipping the 8 if the battery is (as rumored) smaller than my s8+. although I do miss the s-pen! I wish Samsung would just make a thicker phone with a bigger battery instead of cramming things in to be "thin".

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Had all the Notes with the exception of the first. The one that gave me the greatest joy was the Note 3. I've moved onto the S8 for technical reasons but will always have a soft spot for the Note 3.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Had all the Notes with the exception of the first. The one that gave me the greatest joy was the Note 3. I've moved onto the S8 for technical reasons but will always have a soft spot for the Note 3.
Note 3 was my first real Note experience as well, and with a new flagship phone. Loved that phone. Have the Note 5 and 8+ now. Have to see what the actual price and down payment come out to be on the new Note.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Just for the fact i'd need to cash out over 500$ to get a note 8 answer is no.

Maybe i'd like to get one since i've been a note fan forever but yeah unless i win the lotto i don't think that'll happen.
Same here. I've had every note since the Note 2, but it just won't make sense this time around. It would have to be some unforeseen circumstances that would lead me to get the Note 8. I'm very happy with the S8+.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Now that I have an S8+ when I originally planned on skipping it and buying the Note 8, I may just keep on using my Note 5 as my second phone. I still like the Note 5 and it does it's job well.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
The Note 8 should be a workhorses not a fragile glass device competing with Apple for style.

Replaceable battery, IF blaster, HDMI connectivity, improved S Note capabilities, unbreakable S pen, indestructible body, improved speakers, etc.

I don't care if it's thicker or wider. I love my S8+ but will always be seduced by the concept of the Note series.

Everything you want would be the size of a DVD player.

Jason Fournier1

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Nope, had a Note 4 and didn't use the stylus much. The S8+ is large enough. I don't see any reason to switch but will wait to see what they announce.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Everything you want would be the size of a DVD player.

Apparently you didn't have the Note 4. While the body wasn't indestructible technology has moved on. The same with improved speakers. As for an improved S Note (and Scrapbook) that's software and would hardly increase the size of the phone.

Suggest you look at the specs of prior Notes. You might be surprised at what was previously included without affecting size.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I'll have the Note 8 on day 1 of availability. I've had a Note 2, Note 3, Note 4, Note 5 and a Note 7. The S8+ was just a stopgap solution because I didn't want another day with the S7 Edge.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Now that I have an S8+ when I originally planned on skipping it and buying the Note 8, I may just keep on using my Note 5 as my second phone. I still like the Note 5 and it does it's job well.
I'm using my Note 5 now. It's a great phone. For me, Note 8 depends on the price and down payment. I have Jump so I can move out fine phone when it's half paid off.

Zaku77

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I don't like the S8+ due to how tall it is with the new aspect ratio. I'm sure the Note 8 will be about the same size, so I'm just not interested.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Probably not. getting to be too expensive and I've bought a lot of phones and cases over the last 15 months! besides the spen, it won't be a huge upgrade and smaller battery!

I miss the spen even though I didn't use it a lot. What I might do is over the summer is when the price of the Tab s3 goes down again is pick that up for the spen fix. $500 as it was just on sale is a tad too expensive still. Hoping it goes to $450 or that they come out with a smaller 8.7 inch version which would be cheaper and much easier to use and lug around. 9.7 inch a bit too big for my taste.

With the S8 plus having a jumbo screen I think it will cut into Note sales since people will already have a big screen unlike in previous years with the Galaxy S line. I mean yes I got the money for the note but I simply can't keep spending thousands every year on phones that go obsolete in a year. I think I will get the Tab s3 later in the year.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
been a note fan since Note3 and had them all up to 7, but I think I might be skipping the 8 if the battery is (as rumored) smaller than my s8+. although I do miss the s-pen! I wish Samsung would just make a thicker phone with a bigger battery instead of cramming things in to be "thin".

Or bring back removable so people can swap or install battery mod! Don't really see this happening though. The newvSD 835 is very battery efficient so there's no real need. However, Samsung is still using Quick Charge 2.0!

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't like the S8+ due to how tall it is with the new aspect ratio. I'm sure the Note 8 will be about the same size, so I'm just not interested.

I think they will keep the wide length size like the previous Note. User needs a wider screen to actually use the S Pen... Probably will have minimal curves since you need A FLAT SCREEN for the S Pen! S8-like design won't work, it'll probably look more like the Note 7 with bezels cut off.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Besides the S pen, what is so special about the note 8 for someone to upgrade?

6GB of RAM. I'm finding that more RAM is better for a smoother overall experience, especially when web browsing and having multiple apps opened. The Note series always had 1GB more RAM. Some find the S Pen very useful (especially if you know all the features and functions).