Are you dumping your S8 / S8 Plus when the Note 8 comes out?

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I doubt I will. I'm holding out for the LG V30 to see what that brings but I'm hoping to have this phone for close to a year. I need to stop my habit of upgrading my phone every 6 months. We'll see how that goes... Lol
I see the future and I can tell you it doesn't look too good for you lol (from a phone addiction perspective)

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I need to stop my habit of upgrading my phone every 6 months. We'll see how that goes... Lol
Good luck with that. That's what I said when I had my s 5 for 11 months and got the note 4 after I said I'd never get a phablet . Had that one for about 7 months and there's the note 5 all shiny and pretty . Had the note 5 for 8 months and then I got the note 7/s7 edge. Then six months later I now have a s8 plus. I already lied in this thread once about not getting the note 8, but as you can see my no will turn into a yes eventually. We need help lol

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Good luck with that. That's what I said when I had my s 5 for 11 months and got the note 4 after I said I'd never get a phablet . Had that one for about 7 months and there's the note 5 all shiny and pretty . Had the note 5 for 8 months and then I got the note 7/s7 edge. Then six months later I now have a s8 plus. I already lied in this thread once about not getting the note 8, but as you can see my no will turn into a yes eventually. We need help lol
You sound like me 😄. Since note 7, I've been medling among s7 edge, nexus 6p, LG v20, Note 5, and 8+. Currently have 8+ and Note 5.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Add me to the list please. Have S8 Plus. I'm saying no NO to Note 8 now but we all know what is going to happen.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
As long as I stay out of best buy I'll be good. Playing with the phone will make me want it. Had I never touched the 8 plus I'd still be on my 7 edge. Now I've tossed that phone to the side like a step child. Lol

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Samsung usually takes what you get with the S series and refines it. It's not something you're going to get unless you use one. This year I expect, better FPS location, better Bixby, better cameras, more subtle curves and better software.
How long will we have to wait for Bixbie to go away?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The Note 8 should be a workhorses not a fragile glass device competing with Apple for style.

Replaceable battery, IF blaster, HDMI connectivity, improved S Note capabilities, unbreakable S pen, indestructible body, improved speakers, etc.

I don't care if it's thicker or wider. I love my S8+ but will always be seduced by the concept of the Note series.
From your keypad to Samsung's eyes. +1

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Had all the Notes with the exception of the first. The one that gave me the greatest joy was the Note 3. I've moved onto the S8 for technical reasons but will always have a soft spot for the Note 3.
My Note 3 is still in my bedroom on wifi only and still works great!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
As long as I stay out of best buy I'll be good. Playing with the phone will make me want it. Had I never touched the 8 plus I'd still be on my 7 edge. Now I've tossed that phone to the side like a step child. Lol
Best Buy visit prompted me to upgrade the preorder from 8 to 8+. I think I'll end up getting the Note 8. Just not sure if by preorder or wait a bit

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I'll never see the need for the button. It's just weird.
I don't find it necessary but I'm trying to get some use out of. Best case for those of use who don't like it are to disable all the Bixby stuff or remap the button.

I wish they would have made it like the active series button that could be remapped. I loved that button.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't find it necessary but I'm trying to get some use out of. Best case for those of use who don't like it are to disable all the Bixby stuff or remap the button.

I wish they would have made it like the active series button that could be remapped. I loved that button.
Yes if it could be remapped at least it would have some use. It was originally and they updated just to kill it. Bad thing to do in such an expensive device.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Yes if it could be remapped at least it would have some use. It was originally and they updated just to kill it. Bad thing to do in such an expensive device.
I'd love to just have the ability to turn the button off. Thankfully, I don't hit it accidentally often at all really.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21