Are you dumping your S8 / S8 Plus when the Note 8 comes out?

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I think they will keep the wide length size like the previous Note. User needs a wider screen to actually use the S Pen... Probably will have minimal curves since you need A FLAT SCREEN for the S Pen! S8-like design won't work, it'll probably look more like the Note 7 with bezels cut off.
Most actual Note pen users would agree, but never doubt the power of the Samsung management bubble. Effectively they don't give a shoot. Seems the spec leaks are likely legit, which means same ratio as S8+ and barely bigger. Smaller battery makes sense as well since need to make room for the pen. Samsung is not going thick or wide. Samsung marketing has spoken! ;)

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Best Buy visit prompted me to upgrade the preorder from 8 to 8+. I think I'll end up getting the Note 8. Just not sure if by preorder or wait a bit

IF I were to get it I would wait a couple months and see if they slash the price and offer incentives like they're with the s8. It's not like I'm using the S7 Edge and dying for a bigger screen. I can hold off for a bit on the Note because I got the S8 Plus already. If Best Buy sells the unlocked version with the $200 giftcard offer I might bite if the price is right.

However I'm thinking of just buying the tab s3 when the price goes down and use the spen on that.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
IF I were to get it I would wait a couple months and see if they slash the price and offer incentives like they're with the s8. It's not like I'm using the S7 Edge and dying for a bigger screen. I can hold off for a bit on the Note because I got the S8 Plus already. If Best Buy sells the unlocked version with the $200 giftcard offer I might bite if the price is right.

However I'm thinking of just buying the tab s3 when the price goes down and use the spen on that.
I don't have any tablets at the moment. was thinking about one maybe. Husband idea t3ch and has these laptops all over the place but I like the portability of the phones and tablets.

drranjan

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Very true if there is a replaceable battery then I would too surely shift to Note 8 or may for that facility to any version.... was pulling on with the Note 4 till last week when I shifted to S8+

jacker

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
More than likely I probably will, but I will be looking at all the phones coming out later this year including the newest pixel , LG V 30 and iPhone.

That said, I'll probably stay with Samsung.

JeBe4

Banned
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I might if Samsung offers a trade in for the S8 and gives us say $400 , or even $350 - but the Note should cost $699......its a day one

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
And let's not forget, most people buying the Note 8 DO NOT currently own an S8/S8 plus.

For them, these phones will be entirely new.

In a normal year that would be the case. I've never owned an "S" series, always preferring the Notes, but the Note 7 caused many of us to jump into the S7 or S7 Edge. I didn't care for the S7E much and couldn't wait to replace it with an S8+. The S8+ is better than the S7E but it's not a note. I'll be back to a Note 8 when it comes out. The "S" phones just seemed like a nice hotel to me. Great to visit but it's not home.

So, this year will be different. Many S8/S8+ people will be switching to a Note 8. Next year it'll be back to normal.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
It is same width as the 8+ due to the sharper curve, smaller battery, more expensive and due to being taller and same width, more black side boxes for most content.

Unless got to have the pen and the new camera, I see no other point to warrant switching. I was a huge Note 4 and 7 fan, but this design does not warrant enough to jump. The display design in fact compels the opposite for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney