Does anyone know of a good volume booster that will work on the S8+? My phone sound volume is just not up to par with what I am used to with my previous phone, Moto Droid Turbo 2. I don't mind a paid app as long as it works. The S8+ volume seems to be about 25% lower than it should be. Thanks in advance!
    06-23-2017 10:06 AM
    Volume on my S8+ is actually high. Have you compared volume levels with another S8? If you are close to a store I'd have them double check it for function. To address your question, doing a search in the Play store for "volume boost" got a number of hits.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    06-23-2017 10:24 AM
    Volume on my S8+ is actually high. Have you compared volume levels with another S8? If you are close to a store I'd have them double check it for function. To address your question, doing a search in the Play store for "volume boost" got a number of hits.
    I think it's because of it's water resistant properties to do so they need to make the speaker holes resistant too which in return muffles the sound coming out of it. I do agree it's low but i use a bluetooth speaker i got from a samsung promotion instead. If you can do the same or get headphones wanting to use the built in speaker is a waste of time and boosting the audio could blow it up (there's a reason it dosen't go higher volume wise).
    PJRed2008 likes this.
    06-23-2017 10:40 AM
    I think it's because of it's water resistant properties to do so they need to make the speaker holes resistant too which in return muffles the sound coming out of it. I do agree it's low but i use a bluetooth speaker i got from a samsung promotion instead. If you can do the same or get headphones wanting to use the built in speaker is a waste of time and boosting the audio could blow it up (there's a reason it dosen't go higher volume wise).
    (Sorry, did not specify that I am talking about the headphone jack volume.) I tried the earbuds that came with the phone and the volume is way lower than I am used to, also have a set of Skull Candy headphones that behave the same way. Not that I had my volume loud enough to damage my hearing but it's just that not every song or app has the same volume level. I don't want to blow up my phone, just want about 20% more volume control.
    06-23-2017 10:49 AM
    (Sorry, did not specify that I am talking about the headphone jack volume.) I tried the earbuds that came with the phone and the volume is way lower than I am used to, also have a set of Skull Candy headphones that behave the same way. Not that I had my volume loud enough to damage my hearing but it's just that not every song or app has the same volume level. I don't want to blow up my phone, just want about 20% more volume control.
    Ohhhh XD in that case that changes everything ahah ! haven't had issues volume wise though =/ tried 3 pairs (2 wired 1 bluetooth) could be a phone issue then. What i'd say though, is check in your music player settings if there's not an eq setting or something that puts every song at the same volume (google's own play music has this option so pretty sure it can be fixed easily).
    06-23-2017 11:07 AM
    Go to adapt sound. Then go to personalize sound. It will play a series of tones and will ask you if you can hear it. Answer all of them "no". Then it will boost your volume.
    06-23-2017 03:54 PM
    Go to adapt sound. Then go to personalize sound. It will play a series of tones and will ask you if you can hear it. Answer all of them "no". Then it will boost your volume. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...3d9d696a37.jpg
    It dosen't boost the volume lmfao it basically scales what frequencies you can hear/can't hear and ups the one you can't hear to have better sound but not volume. Then again maybe messing with the equaliser/effects could help Op in this case.
    06-23-2017 04:24 PM
    It dosen't boost the volume lmfao it basically scales what frequencies you can hear/can't hear and ups the one you can't hear to have better sound but not volume. Then again maybe messing with the equaliser/effects could help Op in this case.
    If you can't hear the frequency, the phone will up the volume. It increased the volume on my phone.
    06-29-2017 09:37 AM
    If you can't hear the frequency, the phone will up the volume. It increased the volume on my phone.
    I don't think there's multiple version of that and it's pretty obvious the reason you get more volume is because those unheard frequencies are boosted which in turn makes the sound better,clearer,and higher. Don't believe me if you don't want to i'm stating what i know about that app which i've used multiple times on multiple samsung phones and never did the volume went higher. You just have to notice it though and i'm a sound ***** as i call it xD. I always used Built in Eq in my music player settings instead of going with default from the headphones. I very easily notice changes in frequencies and this app does just that in a very good way. But not everyone will notice the frequencies as the most flagrant thing about this is indeed a volume change.
    06-29-2017 11:41 AM
    I don't think there's multiple version of that and it's pretty obvious the reason you get more volume is because those unheard frequencies are boosted which in turn makes the sound better,clearer,and higher. Don't believe me if you don't want to i'm stating what i know about that app which i've used multiple times on multiple samsung phones and never did the volume went higher. You just have to notice it though and i'm a sound ***** as i call it xD. I always used Built in Eq in my music player settings instead of going with default from the headphones. I very easily notice changes in frequencies and this app does just that in a very good way. But not everyone will notice the frequencies as the most flagrant thing about this is indeed a volume change.
    It boosted the frequency but doesn't boost the volume? All I'm saying is it sounds louder after using adapt sound. Whatever terms you want to call that. That function is built for people with poor hearing, that's why it also has age options. The same sound boost would be achieved by selecting over 60 years old. It will boost the volume for people with poor hearing.
    06-29-2017 11:47 AM
    It boosted the frequency but doesn't boost the volume? All I'm saying is it sounds louder after using adapt sound. Whatever terms you want to call that. That function is built for people with poor hearing, that's why it also has age options. The same sound boost would be achieved by selecting over 60 years old. It will boost the volume for people with poor hearing.
    TLDR : i have trained ears so i hear every difference in frequencies,Overall yes you get higher sound but the adapt sound as a whole is for poor earing like you said which boosts frequencies you can't hear (when you set it up) which in turn makes a volume difference/clearer sound.

So yes indeed you will have a volume difference i just tried explaining in a complicated way i guess :P
    06-29-2017 12:26 PM