It takes decent normal selfies, but I love the beautify option to hide my wrinkles and dark circles around my eyes. With my 5 and 7 I never used the beautify option turned up more than half way, it didn't make me look fake but hid my unsightlness. The 8+ even with the beautify is turned all the way up hides nothing.
    06-23-2017 01:25 PM
    It takes decent normal selfies, but I love the beautify option to hide my wrinkles and dark circles around my eyes. With my 5 and 7 I never used the beautify option turned up more than half way, it didn't make me look fake but hid my unsightlness. The 8+ even with the beautify is turned all the way up hides nothing.
    I can't touch too much on this issue, as I don't ever use that feature, but I genuinely believe your winkles add nothing but character and you should own them and be proud of them. There's wisdom and experience in those winkles. Don't try to hide them. Each wrinkle you want to hide is a part of who you are, and I'm sure who you are is beautiful (man or woman) ... Just my 2¢ 😊
    badcat, Qc_Anubis, SunnyFL and 2 others like this.
    06-23-2017 01:38 PM
    If I was too worried about my wrinkles I'd never look in the mirror! 😁 I agree, be yourself.
    Qc_Anubis and SunnyFL like this.
    06-23-2017 03:48 PM
    Imo the "beautify" mode is another gimmick samsung wants us to love and is useless in real world usage. Like others have already mentionned be proud be yourself don't hide it that's the best thing you can do imho.
    AustinTech likes this.
    06-23-2017 04:27 PM
    he came for a technical issue that worked on previous phones and not the s8+ not for a motivational speech.

delete the camera app and reinstall it not that, try factory resetting unfortunately.
    06-25-2017 11:27 PM
    I'm guessing they may have toned that down on purpose. I can tell immediately when someone uses that feature. They look rediculous. Anyone that thinks it doesn't look fake, even on a low setting, is kidding themselves. It used to be on by default, I think, so the average user just left it on.

I just went and tried playing with it and they have definitely toned it down. That's a good thing. I'm sure there are other apps out there that will allow you to do that though.
    06-26-2017 05:24 AM
    he came for a technical issue that worked on previous phones and not the s8+ not for a motivational speech.
    I too find that each year when I buy a new phone, my selfies show more wrinkles than my old phone did. The technology must be getting worse.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    06-26-2017 06:30 AM