Did anyone switch from iphone to the S8, if so how was your experience.
    snowboarders likes this.
    06-23-2017 08:08 PM
    I just did. To be truthful I am using a Galaxy S8 Plus and an iPhone 7 Plus currently. Both great phones but I'm really enjoying my S8 Plus more than my 7 Plus. It was an easy transition to Android even after a few years of being exclusive to iPhone's.

It's going to take some getting use too. But your going to love the freedom you have on an Android compared to the closed OS of the iPhone. If you enjoy trying new things and exploring your phone you should enjoy the experience.

Samsung really stepped it up with the S8 & S8 Plus. It is truly refined and is a nice piece of technology. I'm actually excite about the new Note that should be introduced in a few months.
    Qc_Anubis, Alan Sims and burrzoo like this.
    06-23-2017 08:45 PM
    There's a guide on the forums for iPhone to Android users, but dinged if I can find the thing. Anyway, its there and should help.
    anon(9602380) likes this.
    06-23-2017 08:50 PM
    I'm diving in end of next week when I return to the USA. I went from a non-smart phone to a Blackberry Storm2 to the iPhone 4S and have been iOS ever since. So going to Android will likely be a shock for me. May the Heavens help me!
    06-23-2017 08:58 PM
    The learning curve isn't that steep, I'm on my first week with the S8 Plus and it's pretty decent I'd say.
    I've yet to experience what many iOS users say about the Android experience as laggy, but it's been good so far.
    Android (and Samsung) has come a long way
    Alan Sims and anon(9602380) like this.
    06-23-2017 09:06 PM
    Just get used to charging your battery more and some minor issues listed in threads on this forum, hopefully you don't start with a pink screen
    06-23-2017 09:20 PM
    I picked up the S8 and also have the iPhone 7, after setting up the s8 ive been comparing battery life to the iPhone 7 and trying to use both equally and so far the iPhone has better standby. The s8 display looks bigger for sure but when you compare the phones side by side the s8 is only about 3/8" taller and almost identical width compared to the iphone.

I listen to podcasts in my office and it would be hard to tell which phone is actually louder but both sound good. Its nice to have a headphone jack on the s8 and both phones sounds equally good with earbuds. Ive taken pictures with both and during normal lighting conditions they are pretty close to each other but the s8 has colors that stand out a bit more. The s8 pulls slightly ahead in low lighting, the iPhone takes better steady video while walking so they trade punches in different scenarios.

Reception in my location on at&t is pretty much even, however my Lenovo laptop instantly tethers to the s8 where the iPhone sometimes requires me to restart tethering in order to connect properly.

I wont go deep into app differences but the weather channel app is butter smooth on the s8 but slightly hesitant on the iPhone, and google maps seem to be slightly smoother on the s8.

overall I am not big into customizing my phone anymore I pretty much set them and leave them, using them back to back I would have a hard time deciding which one to keep.. The biggest standout IMO is the s8 display, all other aspects they are pretty close.
    06-23-2017 09:48 PM
    i just swich from iphone 7 too samsung S8 today i love the iphone 7 but apple is out of date now days too where samsung is now the head of the game
    06-23-2017 09:59 PM
    I picked up the S8 and also have the iPhone 7, after setting up the s8 ive been comparing battery life to the iPhone 7 and trying to use both equally and so far the iPhone has better standby. The s8 display looks bigger for sure but when you compare the phones side by side the s8 is only about 3/8" taller and almost identical width compared to the iphone.

I listen to podcasts in my office and it would be hard to tell which phone is actually louder but both sound good. Its nice to have a headphone jack on the s8 and both phones sounds equally good with earbuds. Ive taken pictures with both and during normal lighting conditions they are pretty close to each other but the s8 has colors that stand out a bit more. The s8 pulls slightly ahead in low lighting, the iPhone takes better steady video while walking so they trade punches in different scenarios.

Reception in my location on at&t is pretty much even, however my Lenovo laptop instantly tethers to the s8 where the iPhone sometimes requires me to restart tethering in order to connect properly.

I wont go deep into app differences but the weather channel app is butter smooth on the s8 but slightly hesitant on the iPhone, and google maps seem to be slightly smoother on the s8.

overall I am not big into customizing my phone anymore I pretty much set them and leave them, using them back to back I would have a hard time deciding which one to keep.. The biggest standout IMO is the s8 display, all other aspects they are pretty close.
    I don't get why people say iphones get more standby..... I put mine with aod off on my bedside table if i go to sleep with 80% battery i wake up with 78-79% the next morning. (could be my usage/background apps though)
    kevinpleasants and Fille84 like this.
    06-23-2017 11:16 PM
    I have both the iPhone 7+ and the S8+ and like them both. They're each really good phones and I don't understand the hate coming from both side towards the other.

That being said, there was a slight learning curve on the S8+ for me, but nothing severe. I like the phone a lot.
    tr1ad and Alan Sims like this.
    06-24-2017 08:33 PM
    Switched from 7 plus to the S8 plus and couldn't be happier better battery life and camera. Overall the galaxy is a better device in my opinion.
    06-25-2017 05:08 AM
    Just get used to charging your battery more and some minor issues listed in threads on this forum, hopefully you don't start with a pink screen
    That all depends on your usage, I only charge my s8+ when I go to bed.
    Qc_Anubis likes this.
    06-25-2017 11:52 AM
    I went from the iPhone 7 plus to the 8 and now I have the s8 plus- enjoying the s8 plus experience so far. It's been a few month's and the iPhone is on swappa
    06-25-2017 03:58 PM
    I went from the iPhone 7 plus to the 8 and now I have the s8 plus- enjoying the s8 plus experience so far. It's been a few month's and the iPhone is on swappa
    The s8+ is just a solid device. I got to really check the camera out today while hiking. Crisp *** pictures, I love when iPhone people asked me to use my phone for pictures cause they are better haha
    06-25-2017 05:53 PM
    I like it when my iPhone friends ask to see this awesome device. and then they go wow
    06-25-2017 06:12 PM
    The learning curve isn't that steep, I'm on my first week with the S8 Plus and it's pretty decent I'd say.
    I've yet to experience what many iOS users say about the Android experience as laggy, but it's been good so far.
    Android (and Samsung) has come a long way
    This is the second time I switched personal phones. Iphone 6 to S8. No issues.

I really like the Samsung. Had only gone back due to Apple due lack of customization of text/iMessage alerts.
    tr1ad and JHStewart1023 like this.
    06-25-2017 06:18 PM
    I switched from iPhone 6S+. I spent the first few days really figuring out the system and customizing it to my liking.

I used the iPhone yesterday and honestly, it felt like a toy. So limiting. If it helps, I am heavily invested in the google ecosystem.

It's not just the customization that I enjoyed (the phone is uniquely mine, different from other S8s). I really like split screen, so I can youtube and Facebook at the same time (more importantly: so I can type and e-mail while referencing the document I need for that e-mail).

The clipboard is awesome! I actually use my phone for productivity, and it makes me so much more productive.

Being able to use your own text messaging and contacts app? Priceless! I found one that fits my usecase perfectly. You might enjoy a different one.

On iPhone little things bother me now. Like why can't I just tap and hold the wifi icon in the notification bar to bring up wifi settings?

I actually really like the launcher it came with.

All-in-all, iOS actually is lagging behind at this point. I have yet to find one thing I am regretting about the switch.
    Wbutchart1 and JHStewart1023 like this.
    06-26-2017 10:52 AM