What can Samsung learn from Apple

Michael Alan Goff

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Once again in an effort to beat the iPhone to the market, because Samsung is terrified of the prospect of going head to head with the Apple juggernaut, Samsung rushes the release of a device full of glitches and compromises. The lessons of the Note 7 weren't learned. The market has spoken. People want a fluid, reliable user experience. Apple punishes Samsung annually because Apple gets it. Samsung doesn't.

What are you on about? The Galaxy S7 was a March phone, the S5/6 were early April.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Wait...Samsung was in a rush to beat Apple to the market in April? lol

I'm guessing he's either joking,comes from an iphone and can't get used to android,or he's trolling lol...... iphones release in what ? september i don't think they're in a hurry in april lol. Also had no glitches no compromises on my s8, had mine over a month and had a perfectly fluid experience all the way. The only negative i had was the lack of mobile data switch,which i fixed in like 10 mins with adb lol

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Once again in an effort to beat the iPhone to the market, because Samsung is terrified of the prospect of going head to head with the Apple juggernaut, Samsung rushes the release of a device full of glitches and compromises. The lessons of the Note 7 weren't learned. The market has spoken. People want a fluid, reliable user experience. Apple punishes Samsung annually because Apple gets it. Samsung doesn't.

What glitches are you experiencing? I haven't run into any so far on my S8+ .. been using it since launch day. Verizon Variant. Working well :).

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I don't know of a single phone that doesn't have sms/mms enabled out of the box. In fact I have never had to go into any phone and enable either of them ever.

In fact I have never had an issue texting anyone who is on different carrier. I really don't see where you are going with this. There isn't some giant glaring issue where me being in sprint can't text someone on ATT.

All iOS devices default to iMessage, not SMS/MMS. The user has to specifically enable SMS/MMS support. WhatsApp, while including SMS/MMS support defaults to its own protocol and with over 1 billion active users worldwide is the leading texting service at around 44% of the market share, close behind WhatsApp is WeChat the Chinese texting service. Don't know much about WeChat or what protocol it runs off of. Anyway, SMS/MMS is hardly the default protocol used by every phone out there. As for texting between carriers, you should start following the various Android help forums more. Issues tied to texting problems are numerous and hardly a seamless, especially when it comes to the arbitrary file size limitations on MMS.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
So you're commenting and making arguments on a tech-related help forum but you abhor tech terminology? Seems counter-intuitive but I get your point.

MOST users don't care about the technical stuff and i'm part of em if people want to spy on me txt my friends saying dumb things they can have fun i have no clue what's your point here but texting is texting it's might be sent via a protocol but idc about any technical stuff so i have no idea what you're talking about.....i just want my text to reach it's destination i don't need apple bs to send a message or a picture to people that was my point. If you absolutely need that thing like i said get an iphone as maybe android is not for you if you care about all that stuff.

Regarding smartswitch no i haven't that's why i was in fact asking if you had.
Nb:If i sound rude i'm sorry but saying everyone is in the same boat gets annoying real quick.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Sticking to high end mobile devices and focusing all thier research and devolopment and support on these devices
Ofcourse this is against thier business vision and marketshare concerns but imagine if they did this they would burry apple's iphone even more

By what metric are you trying to compare the two?

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
So you're commenting and making arguments on a tech-related help forum but you abhor tech terminology? Seems counter-intuitive but I get your point.

I'm stating the fact that not every android/apple users are on these kinds of forums and saying most users don't care about spec, not everyone is a tech geekie like we are on here,we don't need apple's tech or imessage,if you need that "function" that bad like i said why don't you get an iphone instead ? seems some find it necessary..... Also don't get the abhor tech terminology (i'm french so i don't use much english outside of here), but if you mean i want some tech to be killed that was not my point i just don't find imessage usefull outside of Ios were on android apple's a closed system they most likely will never open their doors it's unfortunate but the most probably scenario.

I make arguments mostly since people in this thread seem to be wanting apple's apps/tech on android to which i reply why are you on android then ?
google and apple have 2 different ecosystem that appeal to different people if you don't like one switch to the other no ? Seems more than logical to me.I tried iphones before and i don't use all them smileys and stuff,i don't see the usefull part of imessage being on android. I'm a tech guy just not a protocol and all that jazz type of person since i don't care,i just don't see the need to dive that deep in the systems.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
All iOS devices default to iMessage, not SMS/MMS. The user has to specifically enable SMS/MMS support. WhatsApp, while including SMS/MMS support defaults to its own protocol and with over 1 billion active users worldwide is the leading texting service at around 44% of the market share, close behind WhatsApp is WeChat the Chinese texting service. Don't know much about WeChat or what protocol it runs off of. Anyway, SMS/MMS is hardly the default protocol used by every phone out there. As for texting between carriers, you should start following the various Android help forums more. Issues tied to texting problems are numerous and hardly a seamless, especially when it comes to the arbitrary file size limitations on MMS.
Only Apple to Apple though.

SMS/MMS is still the "default" outside of that.

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
I really hate the options you have with using an Android phone. Just give us what we don't know we need and give us what we want but wait two years.

I never used an Apple product in my life. I never liked any of their products, their computers years ago were child like. Their recent products are so over priced, I couldn't afford them if I wanted to. A cousin of mine bought the latest and greatest Apple computer, desktop the same time I built my current pc. His mac cost 5 times what my pc cost me and my pc was nearly twice as powerful. My pc if you bought it pre-built would have about nearly 3 times cheaper than his mac.

This fanboy stuff has got to stop, I know it won't but it needs to stop. It has driven the price of electronics to the point of lunacy. All because if millions are willing to pay $1000 for the latest cell phone each year why not other companies do the same?

LuxuryTouringZone

Trusted Member
Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
"What can Samsung learn from Apple"

They can learn to stop wasting so much money on hundreds of useless phones a year, and focus on making a few low-rangers, mid-rangers, and the two flagships they normally release. They'd be better off using that money for supporting their devices for no less than 3 years.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site

Just a little fyi. Samsung is the world's largest cellphone maker. There are in no way afraid of apple. Infact outside of the United States apple has **** for market share.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Just curious what Samsung should learn from Apple iPhone and implement in their phones.

They did learn from Apple: make a very good camera, make a very simple phone with no gimmicks, and make the phone look pretty. The next best thing is to optimize RAM usage, Apple gets praised for best optimization. Sales are getting better but still can't beat Apple. No matter what, Samsung, do not copy Apple/HTC/Lenovo and remove the headphone jack.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I really hate the options you have with using an Android phone. Just give us what we don't know we need and give us what we want but wait two years.

I never used an Apple product in my life. I never liked any of their products, their computers years ago were child like. Their recent products are so over priced, I couldn't afford them if I wanted to. A cousin of mine bought the latest and greatest Apple computer, desktop the same time I built my current pc. His mac cost 5 times what my pc cost me and my pc was nearly twice as powerful. My pc if you bought it pre-built would have about nearly 3 times cheaper than his mac.

This fanboy stuff has got to stop, I know it won't but it needs to stop. It has driven the price of electronics to the point of lunacy. All because if millions are willing to pay $1000 for the latest cell phone each year why not other companies do the same?

Apple is like BMW or Mercedes. It has a nice brand image and looks pretty, and costs a lot of money. Everyone wants one.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
They did learn from Apple: make a very good camera, make a very simple phone with no gimmicks, and make the phone look pretty. The next best thing is to optimize RAM usage, Apple gets praised for best optimization. Sales are getting better but still can't beat Apple. No matter what, Samsung, do not copy Apple/HTC/Lenovo and remove the headphone jack.

Literally Samsung is the world's largest phone manufacturer. Why does everyone think apple is number one. Maybe here in the united states, but the most used platform in the world is Android followed by Microsoft then Apple.

Apple is going to be surpassed by Huawei in the next couple years as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01