Sprint Galaxy S8 For those who connected their S8/+ to their pc...

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Hello all back again with my pc connection issue. I was wondering what version of the drivers is being used to connect your GS8/+ to your pc. For me it is Sprint 8+ with USB ver.1.5.45.00, English 15.27mb. I want to see if I am possibly downloading the wrong drivers from Samsung's website, maybe they have the wrong file for download?

At this point I am pretty sure it's my computer but I really don't want to have to take this thing to some guy who's going to charge me $200 for probably a 10min fix.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I have v:1.5.63.0 at 24.6Mb as indicated by my pc. I don't think carrier has something to do with it though since they're pc drivers,and not your pc either since i'm sure they're compatible with windows 7/8/10

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
I just found the drivers you have through the Smart Switch program. I uninstalled everything and installed just those and nothing. I am now done with this. I have spent waaaaaay too many hours trying to fix this issue. I am blaming windows 7 for this issue and it is such a deep rooted issue that nothing short of a nuke will get down to where the error is hiding.

Just my luck.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I just found the drivers you have through the Smart Switch program. I uninstalled everything and installed just those and nothing. I am now done with this. I have spent waaaaaay too many hours trying to fix this issue. I am blaming windows 7 for this issue and it is such a deep rooted issue that nothing short of a nuke will get down to where the error is hiding.

Just my luck.

Well that sucks :( i've never had issues like this before it's kinda odd tbh.......Though at this point it's either the phone that's bad (which i kinda still doubt) or it's indeed windows 7 i have no other explanation for this sadly. But before i let someone else try, i wonder what mode is your phone in when you plug it in, and are you using the default cable or a micro usb through the adapter ?

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I didn't read this and the other thread, so sorry if this was already suggested. Have you tried different USB ports on your computer?

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Thanks guys I have one last thing to try and that is connecting it all to my friend's computer. This will eliminate Samsung hardware and wire issues. If I can connect my phone and Gear 360 to his computer than I know it's my computer with out a doubt.

I am using the cables that came with each device. I have tried every usb port on my computer which works for my usb headset with no issues, even while listening to music and switching ports, it just connects again and continues playing. Which leaves me with pc program/driver issues. Which I have tried about 20 different things to try and fix it, including registry deletes, msc and other fun things to go into your system to change.

I appreciate the help everyone wants to give but my frustration with this is so high I am about to take this pc, phone and camera and chuck them out of my window, get in my vehicle and repeatedly run them all over, get out an 8lb sledge and smash what pieces are left.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
No idea if it'll work but i know samsung had sidesync too. Nifty little app i must say even if it's far from perfect. But like everyone's suggesting there's a lot of solution on the playstore to "bypass" that driver issue.

Still sad you can't seem to fix that issue :(

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if I missed something or not but do you have Smart Switch installed? I installed it to work with my tablet and when I plugged my S8 into my comp is was recognized right away. I didn't need to do anything. I'm running Win 7 Pro.

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
No idea if it'll work but i know samsung had sidesync too. Nifty little app i must say even if it's far from perfect. But like everyone's suggesting there's a lot of solution on the playstore to "bypass" that driver issue.

Still sad you can't seem to fix that issue :(

I found and tried the sidesync app and its great. I recommend this for anyone, you can control your phone through your pc. You can also transfer files back and forth from one to the other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2