Done with Bixby

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Two nights ago, Bixby sent me a notification asking if I wanted to set my alarm for my usual wake-up time...one hour before I normally wake up. Last night it sent me a notification an hour after I went to sleep asking if I wanted to review my schedule for the next day.

Both of these woke me up. If Bixby must track when I sleep, why is it trying to talk to me when it thinks I am sleeping?

Package Disabler Activate!

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I blocked all notifications from bixby on the first one i got they're useless and i don't even care about the voice.most feature from it i've found didn't even work basically..... Imo that's THE biggest fail from samsung this year,seems even after all they went through with svoice they didn't get the memo lol xD (can't buy myself the package disabler for now but for sure doing it soon -.-)

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Wait till Bixby tracks your every geographic location and then sends you ads based on it and who knows who else will gain that information of where you go everyday.
Also all your internet activities are documented

mundo472

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
yeah, just go into My Bixby and turn off notifications or give them feedback. didn't you figure out you are a beta-tester if you join the preview??

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
yeah, just go into My Bixby and turn off notifications or give them feedback. didn't you figure out you are a beta-tester if you join the preview??

Really? Joining a beta test makes me a beta tester? Why didn't anyone tell me?

Allow me to apologize to the universe for not liking something I was testing. If I had understood that I was testing Bixby, I would have declared everything is perfect.

In all seriousness, I thought the story was kind of funny. I am shutting Bixby down, though, because I have not found it useful, and managing the flaws is annoying.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I disabled it all again yesterday.

At first I disabled the Bixby home stuff and left the long press button for voice commands. After playing with it for a few days I personally don't see any benefit for it and it was more of an aggravation.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Wait so .. was it notifications it gave you or it started speaking out loud while you were sleeping?

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I got those notifications too. The thing is, the notifications don't do anything except open the Bixby app. They don't bring you to an alarm card or present you with anything to review. More stupid app design by Samsung.

Annoying enough I switched away from the Samsung launcher altogether just to get something useful on the left most home screen.

mikefiori1

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Those are notifications from bixby home. In the drop down notifications menu slide the notification slightly to the right and you'll see a gear icon. touch that and turn notifications off. That won't disable the other parts of bixby.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I got those notifications too. The thing is, the notifications don't do anything except open the Bixby app. They don't bring you to an alarm card or present you with anything to review. More stupid app design by Samsung.

Annoying enough I switched away from the Samsung launcher altogether just to get something useful on the left most home screen.

Ah. A simple notification would never bother me. I sleep like a rock so people could spam text me and it won't be waking me up haha :p.

mundo472

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Really? Joining a beta test makes me a beta tester? Why didn't anyone tell me?

Allow me to apologize to the universe for not liking something I was testing. If I had understood that I was testing Bixby, I would have declared everything is perfect.

In all seriousness, I thought the story was kind of funny. I am shutting Bixby down, though, because I have not found it useful, and managing the flaws is annoying.

Lol. I love sarcasm. No, I actually do. The beta thing is a pia for sure, Sapient. If you're taking up a spot though (not everyone who wanted one got one)...just sayin.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm gonna remember that. Just in case...

Haha :p. My brain is tuned to know what to ignore and what not. I have had alarms and such go off from the gf each morning and I don't budge but if my dog lays her head on my bed and slightly whines I am up instantly.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Those are notifications from bixby home. In the drop down notifications menu slide the notification slightly to the right and you'll see a gear icon. touch that and turn notifications off. That won't disable the other parts of bixby.
Thanks. I was trying to figure out how to disable the notifications . couldn't find the settings in the app. They don't bother me. I just don't need them since I don't use Bixby.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2