I have not activated Bixby yet. It appears that Bixby wants to have complete access to all my information, "in order to Help me".

I realize that Google probably already has all that information, but what is Samsung doing to keep my private information private. I presume that Samsung will sell my raw data, or put me on lists that they sell to advertisers, etc. The Bixby project probably cost Samsung a bundle, and I'm sure that Samsung has figured out how to monetize this feature.

Heck Samsung has a dedicated switch just for Bixby, so Samsung must have some really big expectations on how they will make a profit from selling the data that they gather.

Anyone else concerned? Am I just over reacting?
    06-27-2017 08:58 PM
    Yes. Maybe just a little, but it won't make any difference. If you use technology you can't hide anymore.
    06-27-2017 09:03 PM
    most likely 90% of your apps and everything Google already mines and sells your data, not concerned at all. Bixby is a really good Assistant so far I'm impressed with it.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    06-27-2017 09:33 PM
    If you're on the internet, you've already given up your privacy. It was sold long ago, before you even realized it.
    06-27-2017 10:44 PM
    I wouldn't use it, granted there is no such thing as privacy on this planet - I just don't like Bixby or Google Assistant wish both could simply be disabled. Them forcing it on us is my biggest gripe! I know Google has my data, but I also have their software lol
    06-28-2017 03:48 AM
    I don't use Bixby since I use Assistant but as far as Privacy is concerned I am okay with Samsung/Google.
    06-28-2017 07:53 AM
    Bixby is a multi use service just like "google" and google assistant. All sorts of behavior, terms, and location data are used to affix you with information that might be useful for you to make other choices, usually with the intent to use more and other services like shopping. No doubt all this information is being used to create a profile for you so that later information can be cross examined through its AI in order to better serve you and samsung (or google/apple). The privacy data you give them is required for the services you ask from things like bixby, and bixby works by running actions against your generated profile and commands. In turn, the company uses these profiles to determine what their users want, and what they are buying. These records are then used for both future improvements but connecting and selling new services (either first or third party).

So yes, you give up alot of privacy when using these new external services, and the only option to prevent this is simply to not use them.
    06-28-2017 07:53 PM
    I have not activated Bixby yet. It appears that Bixby wants to have complete access to all my information, "in order to Help me".

I realize that Google probably already has all that information, but what is Samsung doing to keep my private information private. I presume that Samsung will sell my raw data, or put me on lists that they sell to advertisers, etc. The Bixby project probably cost Samsung a bundle, and I'm sure that Samsung has figured out how to monetize this feature.

Heck Samsung has a dedicated switch just for Bixby, so Samsung must have some really big expectations on how they will make a profit from selling the data that they gather.

Read the privacy policy for accurate information with what they do with it. Google has been taking and selling people's information for decades, that's how they became successful. Go to Google.com/history and you'll be surprised how much stuff Google has saved.
    06-28-2017 08:01 PM