Is anyone else having this problem? I had a similar problem with my S7E and it's super frustrating. I have 2 Samsung wireless fast chargers. It will connect to them and then promptly disconnect. They are in different parts of the house. With my S7E it seemed to be affected by the outlet and power cable I had going to them. Same charger and cord would work in 1 plug and not the other. None of this should matter though. THey should all work the same in whatever plug. It does still slow charge on my Tylt charger though.
    06-27-2017 09:02 PM
    Many posts about this issue. The s8 and Nougat changed the playing field for charging courtesy of Samsung. For some, new S8 compatible chargers are necessary.
    06-27-2017 09:07 PM
    Change the charging cord and block. Use the block that came with the phone and swap around cords until one works. I had to play musical chairs with my blocks and cords to find the right combination with my wireless chargers and the S8. Haven't had any issues since I figured out the magical combo.
    06-27-2017 09:12 PM
    Change the charging cord and block. Use the block that came with the phone and swap around cords until one works. I had to play musical chairs with my blocks and cords to find the right combination with my wireless chargers and the S8. Haven't had any issues since I figured out the magical combo.
    It just seems dumb that that should even be an issue. Certainly which plug in my house I use should not be an issue...
    06-27-2017 09:14 PM
    Many posts about this issue. The s8 and Nougat changed the playing field for charging courtesy of Samsung. For some, new S8 compatible chargers are necessary.
    Thanks. I'll check them out.
    06-27-2017 09:14 PM
    The outlet shouldn't matter but the block and cord combo seem to definitely be a determining factor.

I've got 3 wireless chargers and one block works for only one charger. If I put it on one of the others I get the charging paused issue unless I lay the phone sideways. Makes zero sense.

I agree, it is pretty stupid.
    06-27-2017 09:16 PM
    The other crazy part is that both of these chargers have been in the same spot with the same cords and bricks since I got the phone. The phone charged fine initially, but now does not on those same chargers.
    06-27-2017 09:21 PM
    Ok, I'll try one of the $20 Chotech ones instead of spending $60 on the Samsung one. Did I mention how stupid this is that they aren't potentially backwards compatible?
    06-27-2017 09:37 PM
    Ok, I'll try one of the $20 Chotech ones instead of spending $60 on the Samsung one. Did I mention how stupid this is that they aren't potentially backwards compatible?
    I just got this one for $9.99 and its working excellent and does fast charging with every cord Ive tried.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...cUvbUpU5866199

Edit: I got this last Thursday before my prime trial expired. Now I can only see the $17.99 price so Im not sure if you need prime to get it for 9.99.
    06-28-2017 07:20 AM
    I just got this one for $9.99 and its working excellent and does fast charging with every cord Ive tried.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...cUvbUpU5866413

Edit: I got this last Thursday before my prime trial expired. Now I can only see the $17.99 price so Im not sure if you need prime to get it for 9.99.
    It's back up to its normal price I guess. Can't get it for 9.99 anymore.
    06-28-2017 09:50 AM
    It's back up to its normal price I guess. Can't get it for 9.99 anymore.
    Well that sucks. Its a nice charger that so far has worked very well. That was my final amazon purchase unless I create another account for the free trial.
    06-28-2017 09:56 AM
    You should look into getting it exchanged. Mine stopped wirelessly charging completely. Then it would periodically initiate the process with the charge light on, but the battery would continue to fall instead of charge. So far this replacement has been working fine.
    06-28-2017 10:09 AM
    I had to scrap the wall charger that came with the Samsung fast charger I just bought because it couldn't supply the current, with the same issue you're experiencing. Try with a 2 amp charger
    06-28-2017 10:30 AM
    I have to be super careful about placing my phone on the chargers. Just a tiny pit off center and, and the charging will stop and start every few seconds. Sometimes it will start doing that after an hour of successful charging. Sometime the whole thing just stops at 85-90%. I'm not sure if my phone is a lemon or what when it comes to the wireless fast charging.
    06-28-2017 02:11 PM
    mine (s8)was working fine (Sammy fastncharge and tylt) then just stopped. won't register contact. other phone works fine .
    06-28-2017 04:50 PM
    You should look into getting it exchanged. Mine stopped wirelessly charging completely. Then it would periodically initiate the process with the charge light on, but the battery would continue to fall instead of charge. So far this replacement has been working fine.
    You mean replace the phone or the charger? The frustrating thing is that I had the same problems with my S7E. I'd like to say its the chargers, which is why I ordered a second one, but I have the same problems with both Samsung chargers and briefly had it with my Tylt one, although that one is working with my S8. My $20 Chotech is arriving today so we'll see how that goes.
    06-29-2017 01:09 PM
    Replace the phone. It's not the charger that's the issue.

You mean replace the phone or the charger? The frustrating thing is that I had the same problems with my S7E. I'd like to say its the chargers, which is why I ordered a second one, but I have the same problems with both Samsung chargers and briefly had it with my Tylt one, although that one is working with my S8. My $20 Chotech is arriving today so we'll see how that goes.
    06-29-2017 07:02 PM
    Edit: Nm
    06-29-2017 07:21 PM
    My Samsung fast charger seems to work now with my s8. I used the power block from my PlayBook and now it worked
    08-12-2017 07:38 AM
    I have just had this issue, several wireless pads around the house which have all worked fine before and then last night it just stopped working, wireless charging animation when placed but did not charge.

I just restarted the phone and it is working ok again but unsure if it will return. As I say it has worked fine for the 3-4 weeks I have had the phone so far until yesterday.
    09-03-2017 02:45 AM