Cell signal vs battery

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed a direct correlation between average or medium cellular signal from mobile data and the battery being used a lot quicker? I can almost watch my battery drain if I do not have a full five bars of cellular signal

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Mine does not go nearly that fast but yes, lower bars more battery as the cell radio has to work harder. I typically have only two or 3 bars at home and have excellent battery life.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed a direct correlation between average or medium cellular signal from mobile data and the battery being used a lot quicker? I can almost watch my battery drain if I do not have a full five bars of cellular signal
Cell signal is the highest cause of battery drain ruling out any rogue app. Don't go by the bars, use something like LTE discovery to view the actual db range. Once you get into the -105 and above you'll start to see significant drain. The antennas work harder to maintain signal which draws more power.

Soylent_Green

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Cell signal is the highest cause of battery drain ruling out any rogue app. Don't go by the bars, use something like LTE discovery to view the actual db range. Once you get into the -105 and above you'll start to see significant drain. The antennas work harder to maintain signal which draws more power.

Depends on the LTE band as well, with Sprint my S8+ has HPUE so B41 will still work at ~125dBm and not drain the battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12