Is the S8/S8+ your most favorite phone of all time?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Of all time? No. It's merely a really good phone. IMO there are still a couple phones that came out prior to it that are better in a apples to apples comparison and it'd be very difficult to ignore the great things that some of the 2013 devices brought us (2015 Nexus 5, Moto X, HTC One M7, the Google Play Edition devices, etc). While the newer devices tend to be better in an absolute sense, 2013 was a very good year for smartphones and gadgets and things and those devices listed there challenged a lot about what we thought of phones prior to that and some of the things we learned then, and have since forgotten, were pretty important things that I hope we learn again soon.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
So far, the GS8 is my favorite of all time. None of previous Galaxy S devices or BlackBerry devices that I have owned can compare from a hardware, features and functionality perspective.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Of all time? No. It's merely a really good phone. IMO there are still a couple phones that came out prior to it that are better in a apples to apples comparison and it'd be very difficult to ignore the great things that some of the 2013 devices brought us (2015 Nexus 5, Moto X, HTC One M7, the Google Play Edition devices, etc). While the newer devices tend to be better in an absolute sense, 2013 was a very good year for smartphones and gadgets and things and those devices listed there challenged a lot about what we thought of phones prior to that and some of the things we learned then, and have since forgotten, were pretty important things that I hope we learn again soon.

2013 was indeed a great year. Consumers had choices. HTC had the front facing speakers and metal design, Samsung had removable battery and AMOLED screen (as well as wireless charging if you bought the accessory for it), Motorola had pure stock Android (owned by Google back then), LG had the first and HUGE curved screen smartphone, Apple had the great camera and design. Today, all we got are glass slabs.

Wizzy

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
The HTC One M7 will always be my favorite phone, but I think the S8+ is my second favorite. It has the best battery life of any phone I've owned (beats my S7 edge by a mile) and is a gorgeous phone.

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
"Best phone" is relevant. When I got my Note 4 it was the best phone ever. Of course there wasn't a Note 5 or S8+.

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I think there is something to love on all my phones. The whole android experience on my first optimus, the dual camera 3d on my htc 3d, the curved screen on my lg flex, the 4k resolution and camera on my lg g4. Funny enough my most enjoyed feature on my s8 is the gear vr experience.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The HTC One M7 will always be my favorite phone, but I think the S8+ is my second favorite. It has the best battery life of any phone I've owned (beats my S7 edge by a mile) and is a gorgeous phone.

The M7 design was so good. HTC should return to this design.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781