going from s8+ to s8

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't think I would do it. I just bought my fiancee a regular S8. It does feel good in the hand but I like having the larger screen. She has tiny hands so it's perfect for her.

thoughtjunky

Jun 27, 2017
Visit site
I tried them both out as soon as Verizon got the display sets in store, instantly fell in love with the S8+. 100% worth the extra money.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I tried them both out as soon as Verizon got the display sets in store, instantly fell in love with the S8+. 100% worth the extra money.
Same here. I had preordered the 8 before seeing any in person. The specs online were deceiving. In person? Night n day different. Cancelled the preorder and preordered the 8 Plus

jettie1767

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I have the S8+ since April and have just bought an S8. While I love the bigger screen, I think the S8+ is just too long. It won't even fit in the wireless charging bin of my car. I will give the S8 a try and see if I like it better.

msp1518

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I am going from a 6S+ to an S8 so I will gain height while losing some width. But what I will also be gaining is comfort in the hand and the ability to pocket the phone without feeling like I have a brick housed in my jeans. The 6S+ in a case was just annoyingly oversized.

Jun 25, 2017
Visit site
I own the s8+ but i have to say when i held the s8 in my hands at the store a couple of days ago i got some buyers remorse . Although i am a big guy 6'7 with big hands but the s8 seemed to be alot easier in one handed operation but whats holding me back from the switch i cant really sacrifice the battery life

thoughtjunky

Jun 27, 2017
Visit site
If the screen is too big for you to operate comfortably in one hand, have you tried one-handed mode? I don't use it very often, but it does come in handy from time to time.
78a9d5646be73c5075c391f3cf2e18a3.jpg

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Bought the S8+ first and didn't like the size. It was uncomfortable to me. Returned that and a few weeks later got the S8. Much better form factor for my tastes.

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I also bought the S8+ on launch day and loved it. I later sold it for the Keyone and have since come back to the regular S8.

As of now, I like the S8 better than the Plus. One handed use is awesome and I'm getting the same battery life. So far, so good.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I just did this move myself, S8+ on eBay right now.

It just feels better in the hand, much like the plus iPhones I loved using the screen but it became a burden to carry it around tbh, too big for front jeans pocket, pokes out of rear pockets etc. Don't get me wrong I have used larger phones happily for a long time but the form factor of the S8 feels great and the crappy FP sensor placement is far less of a problem on the smaller device too.

I was worried about battery but after a package disabler pro blitz I have got it comparable with the plus (yes I know a similar blitz on the plus would improve that further too)

mundo472

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I like them both, but even with big hands, the s8 gets the edge in ease of use. no problem reaching the fingerprint reader and it just pockets easier. it was a nice change from the s7e which is wider.
however, the benefits of the Big Screen and larger antenna cannot be denied.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I just did this move myself, S8+ on eBay right now.

It just feels better in the hand, much like the plus iPhones I loved using the screen but it became a burden to carry it around tbh, too big for front jeans pocket, pokes out of rear pockets etc. Don't get me wrong I have used larger phones happily for a long time but the form factor of the S8 feels great and the crappy FP sensor placement is far less of a problem on the smaller device too.

I was worried about battery but after a package disabler pro blitz I have got it comparable with the plus (yes I know a similar blitz on the plus would improve that further too)
You guys selling the S8+, you have it paid off or are you planning to payoff with sale proceeds. I know ebay you can probably sell then pay off, but Swappa must payoff then sell

callihan_44

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I just purchased the s8 again and while i did play with the s8+ this longer phone design is going to limit me to the smaller version.. I just wish it had a bigger battery, im on the go alot so having a phone fit in a variety of different size pockets without sticking out too much is necessary for me. I had the note 4 and loved the screen size, but it felt like a tablet in my pocket so I downsized and dont plan on ever going bigger.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21