I just got a new S8 and when I go into the settings for the Always on Display > About, it says "A new version is available." But tapping the "UPDATE" button doesn't do anything.

So I went to the Google Play store and found it there (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.samsung.android.app.aodservice&hl=en&rdid=com.samsung.android.app.aodservice)

But even though it says "installed", it says all my devices are incompatible, and won't let me select the phone to install/update.

Anyone else seen this?
    06-29-2017 09:10 AM
    I just got a new S8 and when I go into the settings for the Always on Display > About, it says "A new version is available." But tapping the "UPDATE" button doesn't do anything.

So I went to the Google Play store and found it there (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...app.aodservice)

But even though it says "installed", it says all my devices are incompatible, and won't let me select the phone to install/update.

Anyone else seen this?
    Try going to settings, apps, and then select view all apps, then look for the Samsung AOD app and clear the storage cache and data.
    06-29-2017 09:39 AM
    Try going to settings, apps, and then select view all apps, then look for the Samsung AOD app and clear the storage cache and data.
    That's the other part of the problem - it doesn't show up in the app list on the phone.
    06-29-2017 11:01 AM
    FYI - I answered my own question, so I'm posting this here for anyone else running into the issue.

I did a system update on the phone (which even a few days after activating, it hadn't told me was available). After that, I went back into the "About AoD" and the update button now works. It upgraded to 2.6.77.4 and says it's the latest version.
    06-30-2017 11:20 AM