Does the s8 plus scratches this easily ?

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Not looking for an S View. And I intend to spend some bucks in the hope I can obtain quality. Will consult Amazon reviews which have been pretty accurate in the past.

Thanks for the interest. Open to any and all suggestions.
I wasn't saying get an S-view, I'm saying be careful with those cases that fold over the screen like a folio case. If there's something on your screen and that cover shifts, it's going to dig that particle into your screen and scratch it, no matter the cost or quality of the case.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
I wasn't saying get an S-view, I'm saying be careful with those cases that fold over the screen like a folio case. If there's something on your screen and that cover shifts, it's going to dig that particle into your screen and scratch it, no matter the cost or quality of the case.

Got it.

msp1518

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I've always had a case and a tempered glass screen on my iphones. For the S8 I opted to go with the official Samsung screen protector along with the Alcantara case.

Love the case. A lot. Simply gorgeous and NOT slippery!

The screen protector is fine indoors, but outdoors it sucks in bright sunlight. The visibility is greatly reduced. That wouldn't happen with a tempered glass screen.

I do agree with the original poster that the S8 is far too fragile. I saw one of these take a three feet fall and practically explode. Ouch. And they just feel fragile! The curved glass is a gimmick and by design fragile.

Bring on the Essential Phone. I hope it's awesome and changes the course of all smart phone design and manufacturing.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Be somewhat careful with those. I got the S-View case from the promo friday. I noticed that the top part moves around and there was small particles on my screen. That cover moving will cause those particles to scratch the screen. I got lucky and caught a gritty particle and took the case off before it did any damage.

I did purchase the black folio case made by Samsung. Apparently top quality. But I will follow your advice to keep it grit free. Thanks.