Update Edge Screen Error

anon(9602380)

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
I know this has been a topic of discussion on other forums. I had a notification of an update to my Edge Screen on my S8 Plus. Every time I tried to update I received a notification error telling me it was not available for my phone. I have a solution to clear it.

Finally solved it. It was an update that was pushed then immediately pulled from the servers but not before it had been pushed to some people's phone.*This is happening both here in Canada and the US.

To clear it go to Settings>Apps. Once apps are open go to 3 dots upper right corner and tap on it. Got to Show system apps and tap on it. Scroll down to Edge Screen and tap on that. Once it opens long hold Storage till it opens. Then Clear Data. That will remove the notification and clear the pushed update.*

I hope this helps anyone that is encountering this same problem and comes across this thread.

kyleresq

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
That fixed the error but I'm super curious to know what was in the update to this that they immediately pulled. Looks like the same update was pushed and then removed for caller ID also.