I have a Verizon S8+. I purchased an AT&T sim and rate plan today, because my second property doesn't get Verizon coverage, but it gets AT&T. Anyway, even in the parking lot at the AT&T store, I was only getting H+. Same with everywhere else I've gone.

Is there a starting I need to change so I'll get 4G on AT&T?

Thanks
    07-01-2017 10:55 PM
    07-01-2017 11:28 PM
    The problem with this solution is that Verizon users CDMA/LTE and AT&T uses GSM, you'll have to find a way to unlock the Verizon phone or just flat out purchase an unlocked device.
    07-02-2017 06:45 AM
    The problem with this solution is that Verizon users CDMA/LTE and AT&T uses GSM, you'll have to find a way to unlock the Verizon phone or just flat out purchase an unlocked device.
    https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile...-all-carriers/
    07-02-2017 06:47 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions, guys. Are you saying that if I take it out of global mode, and put it on LTE, that the phone will no longer work on AT&T?
    07-02-2017 07:38 AM
    Isn't my phone already unlocked, or I wouldn't be able to use it on AT&T at all? Or, are you suggesting that LTE is locked for other carriers, and I need to get LTE unlocked?
    07-02-2017 07:40 AM
    Isn't my phone already unlocked
    Most likely not. You would have had to specifically buy an unlocked phone.
    07-02-2017 07:43 AM
    Most likely not. You would have had to specifically buy an unlocked phone.
    But everything I've read on Verizon's web site about their unlock policy, indicates I should have no issues. That my phone IS unlocked
    07-02-2017 08:52 AM
    Update. It works now. Not sure why. I called Verizon and they said it should work. I then called AT&T, and they said the same thing, and while I turned the phone off (while talking with them from a different phone) to insert the sim, once it booted up, I have AT&T 4G LTE. Interestingly, I have done this before, and it didn't fix the issue. They did say sometimes it helps to turn off mobile data and turn it back on to sort of reset the radios
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    07-02-2017 10:52 AM
    Update, it doesn't work now. It has been real hit and miss. It just doesn't get very good 4G coverage, even in areas like the AT&T store. So, I bought another S8+ in AT&T, and I'll just carry two phones when needed. Happy to report this seems to be working much better. Sad to have to spend another grand on a phone to fix this, but whatever
    07-15-2017 11:56 PM
    Update, it doesn't work now. It has been real hit and miss. It just doesn't get very good 4G coverage, even in areas like the AT&T store. So, I bought another S8+ in AT&T, and I'll just carry two phones when needed. Happy to report this seems to be working much better. Sad to have to spend another grand on a phone to fix this, but whatever
    Sell the other one . But all Verizon phones are unlocked. Some may be missing one or so bands of lte att uses and it depends also on your coverage
    07-16-2017 10:37 AM
    Sell the other one . But all Verizon phones are unlocked. Some may be missing one or so bands of lte att uses and it depends also on your coverage
    Yeah, apparently missing one or so bands I need in order to get good coverage.

Can't ditch Verizon, because it's got better coverage overall than AT&T
    07-19-2017 03:25 AM