08-22-2017 07:29 AM
225 ... 45678 ...
tools
    ***bias alert***

I cannot see any reason to buy a new phone from anyone other than your carrier. I traded an s4 I got on eBay and recevied $200 off the purchase of an s8 in store. I bought 2 more s8 the other day and was told I have 10 days to bring a trade in, so I bought another s4 from the same seller.

I do not feel comfortable mailing anything that makes me feel like I just wrote a blank check to a large company.
    07-09-2017 07:23 AM
    My phone for the trade in was received June 28th by Samsung and I have not received any sort of e-mail from them about the trade. I was just looking through the thread here trying to figure how long it usually takes.
    07-09-2017 11:34 PM
    My phone for the trade in was received June 28th by Samsung and I have not received any sort of e-mail from them about the trade. I was just looking through the thread here trying to figure how long it usually takes.
    Mine took exactly 2 weeks to get accepted.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    07-10-2017 09:14 PM
    Mine took exactly 2 weeks to get accepted.
    Nice
    07-10-2017 11:01 PM
    I tried calling their customer care and even received an email from Samsung pointing out to the same stupid link where the trade description was vague. I didn't go through with it and now I am glad I didn't. this is called unfair trade practices. worth raising it with FTC if you are extremely pissed.
    07-11-2017 08:45 AM
    I tried calling their customer care and even received an email from Samsung pointing out to the same stupid link where the trade description was vague. I didn't go through with it and now I am glad I didn't. this is called unfair trade practices. worth raising it with FTC if you are extremely pissed.
    Yeah good luck with that. Samsung covered their butts all but good in the fine print.
    07-11-2017 08:50 AM
    so should I just send the S8 back? If they won't accept my phone it's their loss because better phones are coming out.
    07-11-2017 09:22 AM
    I too have been duped by this deal. Traded in a brand new moto E, which they rejected for "Normal Wear & Tear. Not sure if there was a mix up or if this was just shady business tactic. It didnt help that I paid using Samsung financing, so I'm not sure if my charge dispute will be accepted. It's sad if Samsung had to resolve to such tactics upon it's loyal consumers. I've been Samsung since the S4. They've supposedly escalated my complaint for manager review which is supposed to take at least 3-5 days (5 days really when I called to check status of escalation).
    07-11-2017 09:49 AM
    I too have been duped by this deal. Traded in a brand new moto E, which they rejected for "Normal Wear & Tear. Not sure if there was a mix up or if this was just shady business tactic. It didnt help that I paid using Samsung financing, so I'm not sure if my charge dispute will be accepted. It's sad if Samsung had to resolve to such tactics upon it's loyal consumers. I've been Samsung since the S4. They've supposedly escalated my complaint for manager review which is supposed to take at least 3-5 days (5 days really when I called to check status of escalation).
    That is so odd ! I mean what is normal wear and tear and if it's brand new or even scratches along the frame if the screen works and isn't cracked then whats the problem - surely if they want to argue what is or isn't " normal" wear and tear but explain a new phone - they should have to explain specifically why - but either way so many orders are still pending - they probably just waiting until we cancel - I really loathe Bixby and forcing the hardware button is annoying then the note 8 has it too soo I may jus part ways with this brand even though I like Samsung pay
    07-11-2017 02:26 PM
    Was really worried after reading this thread but just got my acceptance email last night while sleeping. Traded in my old galaxy s3.
    Jona005 likes this.
    07-12-2017 06:13 AM
    Was really worried after reading this thread but just got my acceptance email last night while sleeping. Traded in my old galaxy s3.
    Same here I feel fortunate.
    codeda likes this.
    07-12-2017 06:43 AM
    It seems so random as to what they are accepting/rejecting. They received my Sony Z3c on the 6th and I just got the approval email this morning. It was in ROUGH condition.

In fact, after reading this thread, I was so sure they weren't going to take it that I asked for an RMA before my 15 days expired.
    Guess I'll just keep the phone now though.
    Jona005 likes this.
    07-12-2017 10:08 AM
    So I traded in my Nextbit Robin phone for this trade in and just got a reply back from Samsung today saying that the phone was bricked or Blacklisted.

First off it's a fully unlocked phone with no carrier attachments so it could not be blacklisted! And in fear of some **** like this happening I recorded a video of myself turning on the phone and showing that there was no damage and it brought you to the set up new account screen and powering it off before boxing it up and shipping it out all with in the FedEx store.

I am currently working with my bank on claiming that this is a fraudulent charge and I am disputing it.
    flyingkytez likes this.
    07-12-2017 10:23 AM
    I am currently working with my bank on claiming that this is a fraudulent charge and I am disputing it.
    If you file a chargeback isn't there a chance they will blacklist the S8 you purchased?

I am in the same situation where they said HTC One M8 was denied for "Normal Wear & Tear" when I have videos and pictures of the phone in good shape. It appears that I can call their support phone number, but I have low hopes for that amounting to any changes.

Has anyone had success with either a chargeback or their support line?
    07-12-2017 11:38 AM
    They can and will blacklist you if you file a chargeback. Most CCs that I've read about have denied the requests as well since the new charge is tied to the original item or however they classify it and not a new item with a new charge.
    07-12-2017 12:27 PM
    My acceptance email took about 2 weeks as well.
    07-12-2017 04:21 PM
    Traded Nexus 4, Samsung received it on 07/03 and today 07/12 I received an accepted traded in email 👍 thanks Samsung. BTW I got a S8
    Jona005 likes this.
    07-12-2017 07:27 PM
    Traded Nexus 4, Samsung received it on 07/03 and today 07/12 I received an accepted traded in email thanks Samsung. BTW I got a S8
    Well that's good to hear. That's what I was thinking about turning in.
    07-12-2017 08:53 PM
    So I traded in my Nextbit Robin phone for this trade in and just got a reply back from Samsung today saying that the phone was bricked or Blacklisted.

First off it's a fully unlocked phone with no carrier attachments so it could not be blacklisted! And in fear of some **** like this happening I recorded a video of myself turning on the phone and showing that there was no damage and it brought you to the set up new account screen and powering it off before boxing it up and shipping it out all with in the FedEx store.

the company Samsung has doing it is probably doing it on purpose. I wonder if the employee checking the phones gets incentives for finding bad phones?

Someone on XDA is actually blocked from calling samsung customer serivice. Samsung blocked their number. This was back in April when the S8 was launching.
    07-12-2017 10:52 PM
    Yeah good luck with that. Samsung covered their butts all but good in the fine print.
    Fine print was not clear and made slightly false statements. I'm seeing a class action lawsuit if there's a very experienced laywer who can do it. Samsung has been sued before many times by Apple over small things and ended up paying. But more over this is a punch in the stomach to those that were loyal Samsung owners.
    07-13-2017 07:14 AM
    the company Samsung has doing it is probably doing it on purpose. I wonder if the employee checking the phones gets incentives for finding bad phones?

Someone on XDA is actually blocked from calling samsung customer serivice. Samsung blocked their number. This was back in April when the S8 was launching.
    I'm surprised he even got in touch with anyone at Samsung. Their customer service is horrible. Each time you email them, it's relayed to a different person so you have to explain your situation over and over again.
    07-13-2017 07:17 AM

If you have AMEX, you're good. They are very good with these types of things.
    07-13-2017 07:19 AM
    You appear to actively be trying not to be sure.

It took Sears a long, long time to get to this point. It took an previously unimagined and practically unimaginable upheaval--the iPhone--to take Blackberry down, and even that took a few years. When you say, "People said the same thing about Blackberry," are you saying there's a similar upheaval coming?

The smartphone world has settled down, and the choices are Android or Apple. Apple does nothing but flagships; Android is everywhere from $10 Chinese crap to $900 Samsungs. Like I said, people will continue to get Samsung because it's safe. They don't care about this debacle. They don't even know about it.

Now, if you can come up with an upheaval the equivalent of the iPhone to change the industry (such that Samsung Galaxy becomes the next Blackberry), I'd be curious to know what that is.

With things as they are right now, nothing will hurt Samsung. Not this, not the Note 7, not the washers. You can dream about it like it's a lottery ticket, but if you think it'll happen, you're wrong.

And if you think this debacle has any impact on Samsung's bottom line, you're wrong.
    Still, it'll hinder their chances of beating Apple, which was their goal from the very beginning. Once you get on bad terms with a customer, you'll lose them for life. Not alone word of mouth. They'll still hold their top ranking space because they are a smartphone and electronics giant. But I could see why people are staying with Apple because of their excellent customer service alone.
    07-13-2017 07:22 AM
    Samsung doesn't care. They are a smartphone giant, no one could easily take them down. But they are going to lose the trust of people AGAIN even after the Note 7. If I went through the Note 7 debacle, and also ripped off from this trade in deal, you can be sure I'll never go back to Samsung forever, even if they come out with a really good phone. Heck, I'll even use an Apple.
    07-13-2017 07:25 AM
    Any updates from Samsung on the escalation? I traded in the Nexus 6 I was using and got an email yesterday that the trade in isnt accepted due to not meeting Samsung's criteria of "Normal wear and tear". The phone was in good condition and I did ensure to bubble wrap it so that it wouldnt get damaged in transit. I too had contacted customer support and they said that it has been escalated.
    07-13-2017 12:46 PM
225 ... 45678 ...