08-22-2017 07:29 AM
225 ... 56789
tools
    Any updates from Samsung on the escalation? I traded in the Nexus 6 I was using and got an email yesterday that the trade in isnt accepted due to not meeting Samsung's criteria of "Normal wear and tear". The phone was in good condition and I did ensure to bubble wrap it so that it wouldnt get damaged in transit. I too had contacted customer support and they said that it has been escalated.
    Dispute any additional charges with your bank, present your case. That is ridiculous! Hmm hmm hmm
    07-13-2017 01:41 PM
    Any updates from Samsung on the escalation? I traded in the Nexus 6 I was using and got an email yesterday that the trade in isnt accepted due to not meeting Samsung's criteria of "Normal wear and tear". The phone was in good condition and I did ensure to bubble wrap it so that it wouldnt get damaged in transit. I too had contacted customer support and they said that it has been escalated.
    Mine is the same situation as yours, even bubble wrapped! Samsung said they will escalate and review it within 3-5 days. My concern is, if they don't take back the charge I am unable to return the phone due to it being outside of their return window of two weeks.

I did find out that they can request an extended return window if I ask. Good to keep that in mind if Samsung doesn't honor the trade in value!
    07-13-2017 01:56 PM
    Mine is the same situation as yours, even bubble wrapped! Samsung said they will escalate and review it within 3-5 days. My concern is, if they don't take back the charge I am unable to return the phone due to it being outside of their return window of two weeks.

I did find out that they can request an extended return window if I ask. Good to keep that in mind if Samsung doesn't honor the trade in value!
    I was in that same situation. My return window was set to expire on 7/6. I requested an RMA through the "My Orders" page on the Samsung website on 7/5. The website said I had until 7/15 to return the device. I received my trade in acceptance email yesterday morning. Ironically, Samsung didn't send me a return confirmation/shipping label until this morning. The email also stated that I have until 8/11 to return the device. But I'll probably just keep it now.
    07-13-2017 02:08 PM
    I can do that but wanted to give Samsung a chance. I paid with Discover and they are ready to take the dispute since I also have photos to show that the phone was good. I just took it as a a failsafe for any damage during transit; didn't expect Samsung to backtrack on the offer.
    Sophos likes this.
    07-13-2017 03:45 PM

Either ways you loose the phone you traded in
    07-13-2017 03:47 PM
    If you file a chargeback isn't there a chance they will blacklist the S8 you purchased?

I am in the same situation where they said HTC One M8 was denied for "Normal Wear & Tear" when I have videos and pictures of the phone in good shape. It appears that I can call their support phone number, but I have low hopes for that amounting to any changes.

Has anyone had success with either a chargeback or their support line?
    Me too have the same question. I know carriers can blacklist phones but can Samsung do that too by sending information to carriers?
    07-13-2017 03:50 PM

How long is the extended window? Additional 15 days? Because me too outside of the initial 15 days to get the Return Merchandise Authorization
    07-13-2017 03:51 PM
    Either ways you loose the phone you traded in
    True, but I'm not worried about it. I knew from the beginning it would be gone for good. I just don't want to give Samsung business if they don't honor their trade in promotion.
    07-13-2017 04:00 PM
    Samsung Unlocked S8 for $425!

Received this email this morning: - Thank you Samsung

Your Samsung Trade-in was successful
    We’re happy to inform you that your Trade-In was successful and your device met all of our product eligibility criteria. We hope you’re enjoying your new Galaxy S8 64GB (Unlocked). Thank you for participating in the Samsung Trade-In Program. No further action is needed at this point.

PS my trade in was a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime that I bought at Walmart a year ago for $99.
    07-14-2017 08:21 AM
    None of the news websites are covering this. They are clearly in Samsung's pocket.
    07-14-2017 09:05 AM
    Yes and no. AC covered it but Samsung isn't going to respond to them no matter what because this is one of those instances where it's best for Samsung to just ignore it. Samsung has already moved on to ramping up for Note 8 release.
    07-14-2017 09:14 AM
    I received my "Your trade in was successful" email this morning. My trade in was received by Samsung on June 28th so it took 17 days to process. I sent in a brand new Att gophone an Alcatel I believe purchased for $20 at Walmart.
    Jona005 likes this.
    07-14-2017 10:08 AM
    Figured I would share my success story. Traded in an old Moto X with zero issues. Charged it, wiped it, wrapped it in bubble wrap and put it in the shipping box from the GS8. Trade-in accepted. Easy peasy.
    Jona005 likes this.
    07-14-2017 10:11 AM
    I received my "Your trade in was successful" email this morning. My trade in was received by Samsung on June 28th so it took 17 days to process. I sent in a brand new Att gophone an Alcatel I believe purchased for $20 at Walmart.
    Interestingly enough, I've seen reports on Reddit that that exact same phone was rejected. Guess it's the luck of the draw determined by the person who evaluates your phone.
    07-14-2017 10:31 AM
    I sent my excellent lg smart phone ( Paid $250 a few months ago ) and *F samsung decide FINAL TRADED IN VALUE: $25.00.
    I am going to send back for a full refund. Never trust samsung and Never buy samsung again!!!
    07-14-2017 11:12 AM
    I bought samsung tab and keep crushing. Never buy SAMSUNG BRAND again!!!!
    07-14-2017 11:29 AM
    I guess this didn't become the blow out scandal some thought it would.
    PJRed2008 likes this.
    07-14-2017 12:21 PM
    There has to be some accountability
    07-14-2017 01:28 PM
    I sent my Iphone 4 in excellent condition which was kept in case the whole time and screen protector. I removed the screen protector before packaging and wiped everything clean and packed in the original iphone 4 box and dropped it at fedex. Today I received an email saying your trade in will be charged for Tear and wear. I was so frustrated to see the reason "Tear and Wear" which I know is a 100% lie. I called customer service and as soon as I explained the problem the person I spoke to behaved like she was very familiar with the issue and placed me on hold for few minutes and came back with a escalation number and call them back after 5 business days.
    I used barclays card for purchase and I am not sure whether I can dispute just the $175 I saw in previous posts that they can blacklist the phone in that case can I dispute the initial charge or can we return the phone , will they refund the full amount including this $175?
    Luckily I didnt send my Galaxy s5 which was still working in good condition. Any thoughts?

Thanks
    07-14-2017 03:45 PM
    I sent my Iphone 4 in excellent condition which was kept in case the whole time and screen protector. I removed the screen protector before packaging and wiped everything clean and packed in the original iphone 4 box and dropped it at fedex. Today I received an email saying your trade in will be charged for Tear and wear. I was so frustrated to see the reason "Tear and Wear" which I know is a 100% lie. I called customer service and as soon as I explained the problem the person I spoke to behaved like she was very familiar with the issue and placed me on hold for few minutes and came back with a escalation number and call them back after 5 business days.
    I used barclays card for purchase and I am not sure whether I can dispute just the $175 I saw in previous posts that they can blacklist the phone in that case can I dispute the initial charge or can we return the phone , will they refund the full amount including this $175?
    Luckily I didnt send my Galaxy s5 which was still working in good condition. Any thoughts?

Thanks
    I would not dispute just the $175. They could easily win that dispute since you agreed to the original charges.

Now obviously you don't agree with the assessment but that's not grounds for disputing that charge.
    07-14-2017 03:56 PM
    Couple of things.

First, you need to opt out of arbitration so you can join a class action lawsuit, if so desired. This needs to be done within 30 days of purchase.

Second, most definitely try to go through Samsung customer service to see if it can be resolved, but if it takes a bit long, I would start filing complaints with the bbb and state ag.
    07-14-2017 04:03 PM
    Successfully traded in my Verizon LG G4 for the $250 off S8+. This was my 2nd replacement G4 (3rd in total counting the original) in 22 months do to the bootloop. Super satisfied
    07-14-2017 06:19 PM
    This is so shady on their part. Cheap prepaids being accepted for some, nicer and mint phones being denied for others. I believe it is luck of the draw depending on which employee evaluates the device. I was going to send in a $20 prepaid phone, but got too nervous after these reports. Considered sending in my current daily driver, Moto G4 which is in great condition, but glad I did not based on the bad luck others have had.

As much as I like the hardware on these new Samsungs, I think I will stay away from them from now on. I know this promo had bad news written all over it, but it's not fair for those who are sending in expensive/good condition phones and getting denied. Pixel 2 watch begins!
    07-14-2017 06:57 PM
    I sent my excellent lg smart phone ( Paid $250 a few months ago ) and *F samsung decide FINAL TRADED IN VALUE: $25.00.
    I am going to send back for a full refund. Never trust samsung and Never buy samsung again!!!
    Just curious, how many times will you be posting this same comment?
    Sophos and PJRed2008 like this.
    07-14-2017 07:01 PM
    it took exactly three weeks, but I just received confirmation of my trade in.

We’re happy to inform you that your Trade-In was successful and your device met all of our product eligibility criteria. We hope you’re enjoying your new Galaxy S8+ 64GB (Unlocked). Thank you for participating in the Samsung Trade-In Program. No further action is needed at this point.
    Sophos likes this.
    07-14-2017 08:04 PM
225 ... 56789