If these situations are true and not some samsung bashers just talking trash, I wonder what the percentages are. I sent in a sprint S 3 that I had tried to sell on Craigslist years ago and actually tried to give away and failed since sprint sucks so bad in our area. I I really don't know how they stay in business here. I anyway factory reset it after I charged it up and got my acceptance email this morning. 525 pluses tax for a S8+. Coming from a moto x pure edition its a nice upgrade. I do miss moto actions and moto display but other than that it's been great
    Sophos likes this.
    07-14-2017 10:26 PM
    I don't think this was too good to be true, not when there are BOGO deals and carriers offering similar deals (or better) to this.

This was my first experience with Samsung after being with Apple for many, many years. I loved the phone but do not love the Samsung customer service experience. The reps seem nice enough, but it really seems that they have little power to change anything about the situation. When I asked one of the reps if they have received a lot of these calls, he admitted that the issue is happening a lot and that they are waiting a response from their upper management. I still think I am going to return my S8+ while I still can although I like the Android experience more than what I had in Apple. I just found it silly that Samsung was willing to have a BOGO promotion but will attempt to milk $175 more from other customers.

The phone I submitted was in excellent condition, had been in a case all its life, and met all the conditions for the trade in. Even worse, I had three reps give me three different stories. Rep 1: "Hmm..I don't see where your trade was rejected. Maybe you should wait and see if you get another email saying it was accepted." Rep 2: (brusquely) "No, if you had read the fine print, it said that your phone must be valued over $25". Rep 3: "Nothing I can do for you, but we are waiting for a response from upper management."

None of the reps could tell me why it was rejected. And even more icing on the cake, why does it take "3-5 days" to get a return label?
    07-15-2017 10:04 PM
    I don't think this was too good to be true, not when there are BOGO deals and carriers offering similar deals (or better) to this.

None of the reps could tell me why it was rejected. And even more icing on the cake, why does it take "3-5 days" to get a return label?
    Samsung direct is very frustrating to deal with. Although my trade was accepted and I think the phone is great I'm having other issues trying to get a RMA/return label for a Chromebook they sent me after I had cancelled and they had acknowledged the cancellation. They gave me the same 3-5 business day speech and I've been waiting since June 19th.
    07-15-2017 10:17 PM
    I returned all three of my S8's due to this nightmarish scenario. Two were unopened. I have received one refund. The other two are in limbo, despite their having received the phones a week ago. Service tried to help but they couldn't really do anything.
    07-16-2017 09:37 AM
    I returned all three of my S8's due to this nightmarish scenario. Two were unopened. I have received one refund. The other two are in limbo, despite their having received the phones a week ago. Service tried to help but they couldn't really do anything.
    I just called samsung direct customer service to find out how long it will take to get a response for my escalation and she asked me to call on Tuesday and they will probably have a status update. My escalation number was generated on Friday. I asked about the return and she said it has to be returned withing 14 days for receiving. Mine is well passed the 14 days mark. I am not sure what to do. Should I call my credit card (Barclays) company and see whether I can dispute the $175 or the Whole $175 + $560 in case if I dont receive a positive response?
    07-16-2017 10:20 AM
    I'm in a similar situation. I unfortunately ordered mine with a T-Mobile SIM card, which was shipped separately and a week before the phone was shipped. I rejected shipment on the phone and called Samsung to ask about the SIM card; the rep told me it was a free item so I didn't need to worry about returning it.

A week after the rejected shipment got back to Samsung, I called and was informed my refund hadn't been processed because I did not send them SIM back. I opened a return order for the phone by accident (after rejecting shipment,) so now I have an RMA for the phone & SIM. The SIM is on route with FedEx, but I am worried Samsung will botch my refund because there is an open RMA order on it, but they already have the device from the rejected shipment. Shouldn't have ordered the SIM and they better refund me when they get it.
    07-16-2017 10:21 AM
    Has anyone returned their phone? I just read their return policy. Items have to be unopened! Damn I'M screwed. Was planning to send mines back if my escalation don't come thru.

I guess if I can't return it because I've been using it, my only other option is to dispute the $175 charge with my discover card.

"Returns

Samsung Direct will accept, for return or exchange, defective or unopened merchandise purchased at Samsung.com/US, subject to the exceptions and timeframe for returns listed below: All merchandise returned to Samsung Direct must be in the original packaging with all original items (such as manuals, remotes, cables, etc.) accompanying the merchandise and a copy of the invoice/packing slip included to be eligible for return or exchange. Shipping and handling fees from your original order will not be refunded, unless the merchandise is determined by Samsung Direct, in its sole discretion, to be defective."
    07-17-2017 04:39 AM
    Well then I am screwed too. I used the phone for 6 days.
    07-17-2017 07:38 AM
    Has anyone returned their phone? I just read their return policy. Items have to be unopened! Damn I'M screwed. Was planning to send mines back if my escalation don't come thru.

I guess if I can't return it because I've been using it, my only other option is to dispute the $175 charge with my discover card.

"Returns

Samsung Direct will accept, for return or exchange, defective or unopened merchandise purchased at Samsung.com/US, subject to the exceptions and timeframe for returns listed below: All merchandise returned to Samsung Direct must be in the original packaging with all original items (such as manuals, remotes, cables, etc.) accompanying the merchandise and a copy of the invoice/packing slip included to be eligible for return or exchange. Shipping and handling fees from your original order will not be refunded, unless the merchandise is determined by Samsung Direct, in its sole discretion, to be defective."
    To me, this is open to interpretation (as usual with samsung or most large companies). The part that says "subject to the exceptions and timeframe for returns listed below" seems to imply that items within the 14 day return period would still apply. It then mentions how items must be in the original packaging with all original items, etc. I could be wrong, but I don't think they will only accept unopened returns.
    07-17-2017 07:45 AM
    To me, this is open to interpretation (as usual with samsung or most large companies). The part that says "subject to the exceptions and timeframe for returns listed below" seems to imply that items within the 14 day return period would still apply. It then mentions how items must be in the original packaging with all original items, etc. I could be wrong, but I don't think they will only accept unopened returns.
    Yeah, I spoke to them via chat. They told me I could return it even if it's opened. I have it in writing just in case.
    Jona005 likes this.
    07-18-2017 01:50 PM
    I spoke to Samsung on the phone to see if there's a update to my escalation. The rep told me that they will probably not get a response back until after my RMA is expired so it's best for me to just return it. They are getting too many complaints to get back to.
    07-18-2017 01:56 PM
    Hey all, took a LOT of work to get my returns refunded and I do mean a lot of work. It's not the kind of experience that makes me want to buy a Samsung phone in the future. In fact, I will never buy a Samsung phone after this. And I do mean never.

Years ago I had a bad experience with HP and one of their laptops. What a nightmare.

I swore them off and have stuck to my word. I will do the same here.

No question Apple cannot be beat for service.
    07-21-2017 01:16 PM
    Can you explain what you mean by a lot of work? I will be returning my phone. I received my return label but holding a little bit longer to wait for the escalation (wishful thinking). I have until the 30th to return.

Hey all, took a LOT of work to get my returns refunded and I do mean a lot of work. It's not the kind of experience that makes me want to buy a Samsung phone in the future. In fact, I will never buy a Samsung phone after this. And I do mean never.

Years ago I had a bad experience with HP and one of their laptops. What a nightmare.

I swore them off and have stuck to my word. I will do the same here.

No question Apple cannot be beat for service.
    07-21-2017 01:28 PM
    Here is an update for me: Was told on Sunday that they would escalate the issue and would have an answer in 3-5 days. Called Wednesday afternoon for an update and was told that it would be re-escalated to upper management. Called today (Friday) and the rep said he would "double-escalate" it and it would take just a little more time, which turns out to be TWO MORE WEEKS! I have my FedEx shipping label finally and am debating whether to just attempt a return or to stick it out and hope for the best. I like the phone which creates the dilemma.
    07-21-2017 01:47 PM
    It took three weeks to get one refund. Two weeks to get the other. That is from the time they received the phones back. I had to call more than a few times and twice they said the phones were "lost." LOST?! MMMkay.
    07-21-2017 02:25 PM
    I have no idea why anyone is defending Samsung in this thread. Samsung screwed me on this for failing to accept my unused nextbit robin as not having normal wear and tear. Their contractor processing this is not an excuse by Samsung, they follow Samsungs orders. I will not buy another Samsung phone or product after this fiasco. I am not a sucker. They can kiss my a**. And, I will sell my S8+ on swappa and then sell my GS7Edge on swappa. I'll get the next pixel or next LG phone with wireless charging. Bixby being forced down my throat and finegerprint sensor location are a huge fail anyhow. I only tried S8+ because of the trade in scam. Goodbye Samsung
    07-22-2017 11:06 AM
    Samsung.com is continuing to prove themselves incompetent in handling many basic customer interactions in a timely manner. I did get my $200 trade in so I consider myself lucky. I'm still waiting for an RMA for a chromebook sent to me in error and it's been nearly a month since I asked. It's gone on so long I've had to start making payments to Samsung finance. On the other hand their sales department seems to be on the ball as I ordered a coral blue S8 a few minutes past midnight the other day and it was shipped the same day. I really love the S8+ but if they had refused my trade in I would have the same reaction as the person above.
    07-22-2017 11:33 AM
    Yeah I feel the same way. I sent in my phone last week. I hope they do right and not screw me. I'm the type of person that will sell the phone at a loss just because the company screwed me. I have a Samsung TV and washer and dryer. The washer and dryer were great and I gave them to my inlaws when I sold my house. If they think it's a good idea to screw people out of $175, I will never buy their stuff again. All about the boycotts.
    07-22-2017 07:09 PM
    So has anyone gotten their denial reversed yet?
    Yesterday 05:59 PM
    Any updates from Samsung on the escalation? I traded in the Nexus 6 I was using and got an email yesterday that the trade in isnt accepted due to not meeting Samsung's criteria of "Normal wear and tear". The phone was in good condition and I did ensure to bubble wrap it so that it wouldnt get damaged in transit. I too had contacted customer support and they said that it has been escalated.
    That's bull c***. They needed to be more specific. They probably didn't take the phone because it didn't have much resell value. The website is updated to show which phones they will accept.
    Today 12:20 AM
    That's bull c***. They needed to be more specific. They probably didn't take the phone because it didn't have much resell value. The website is updated to show which phones they will accept.

I noticed that too. They don't give you a lot of choices. I clicked on the LG one and they don't even accept the V20 lol. Only the Pixel and no Nexus phones.
    Today 01:27 AM
    Just filed a complaint with FTC. Everyone affected should file 1 too.
    https://www.ftc.gov/
    Today 04:38 AM
197 ... 678