07-08-2017 03:22 PM
115 12345
tools
    I went straight to the S8+. I played with both at best buy before deciding though.
    Tell me about the S8 Plus and if it's comfortable in one hand if you don't mind. I've never handled the plus and now I have the option to exchange for it. What do you think?
    07-06-2017 08:54 AM
    My advice would be to go into a store and handle each one and decide for yourself. We can't make that decision for you. Best of luck!
    07-06-2017 09:01 AM
    The bigger one is bigger and has a bigger battery. The smaller one is smaller and has a smaller battery.
    07-06-2017 09:08 AM
    I was in the same boat. When I went to preorder my phone, I wasn't sure if I wanted simply the S8 or the bigger S8+. The person helping me with the preorder at Best Buy convinced me to get the S8+. Even after the preorder process, leading up to the release, I still had doubts about it. After getting my S8+, I would have kicked myself if I got the S8. Some people complain about the size, but I think having the larger screen, it makes surfing the web enjoyable and certain games work well with this screen size format.

My suggestion is, go to a place like Best Buy and check out their Samsung section. Play with the S8+ and see if you like its feel. That would be the best determining factor.

Good luck!

J
    07-06-2017 09:11 AM
    Tell me about the S8 Plus and if it's comfortable in one hand if you don't mind. I've never handled the plus and now I have the option to exchange for it. What do you think?
    I enjoy it. I do not have large hands so one handed use is a little more difficult and basically impossible to touch the top of the screen to pull notification bar down but I love it. It is an absolute joy to use.
    07-06-2017 09:14 AM
    You guys have helped me big time. I'm about to run and check out the plus model. I'll update the thread on whether I exchange it or not. This is going to be a tough decision bc I tend to like a smaller one handed phone. That said I do browse the web, read a ton of articlrs and watch an occasional movie. Wow this is going to be hard. I'll have to buy a new screen protector and case as I've already bought both for the regular size. Thanks guys for chiming in for me. Here goes
    JoshDunc likes this.
    07-06-2017 09:57 AM
    So I just received my S8 regular and I'm having second thoughts on if I should have gotten the S8 Plus now. Can you guys give me some advice and feedback between the two devices? Which should I go with? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I went with the plus version myself and besides the size,there's nothing significantly different on both as specs and software are the same,it's just a screen size bump. I went with the plus since i thought it fitted my hands better than the normal s8 and had less issues getting my finger on the scanner that's on the back. It's mostly a personal thing but if you find yourself asking yourself this go into a store and mess with the plus check to see if it could be for ya.
    cwbcpa and JoshDunc like this.
    07-06-2017 10:21 AM
    I handled both and felt the S8+ was easy to handle. Yes, it's a little bit harder to reach around the screen compared to the S8, but the benefits outweigh it IMO. I have been using big phones since the Note 2 so the S8+ doesn't even feel big to me at all. In fact, it's easier to hold and use than most phones of comparable size.
    Qc_Anubis and JoshDunc like this.
    07-06-2017 10:28 AM
    Yeah it was much cheaper over the phone. No activation fees which were $30 bucks a piece. Right now I'm in a quqndry. I have the option to exchange it for the S8 Plus without a restock fee. I am not sure if I should stay with the regular size or move up to the plus size. Anyone have any suggestions or advice on that?
    Well since you said that the honor 8 is already on the large side and you wanted the honor 9 because the screen is 0.1" smaller, then just beware that the s8+ is significantly larger than the Honor 8. I would suggest that you go to the store and give it a try. I personally liked the s8+ but i like large phones. It's a hair narrower and a bit taller than the note 7, if you ever used it.
    07-06-2017 10:34 AM
    Well I thought I had the restock waived but it turns out I don't and it I try do it over the phone they will waive the restock fee but I have to pay another down payment on the plus and they refund me on the regular. Way too much trouble. Plus when I went to the store the manager was a complete ***. I should have stayed with cricket instead of swapping over to sprint. They are horrible to deal with. I'll keep the regular S8 and avoid the idiots.
    JoshDunc likes this.
    07-06-2017 11:48 AM
    Well since you said that the honor 8 is already on the large side and you wanted the honor 9 because the screen is 0.1" smaller, then just beware that the s8+ is significantly larger than the Honor 8. I would suggest that you go to the store and give it a try. I personally liked the s8+ but i like large phones. It's a hair narrower and a bit taller than the note 7, if you ever used it.
    I'm going to stick with the regular S8 as I like the one handed use. I like the plus but the regular S8 meets all my needs for reading articles and web browsing. I did look at the plus just now and I decided the regular is the best fit for me. The plus was nice though. Really nice
    07-06-2017 12:13 PM
    Well I thought I had the restock waived but it turns out I don't and it I try do it over the phone they will waive the restock fee but I have to pay another down payment on the plus and they refund me on the regular. Way too much trouble. Plus when I went to the store the manager was a complete ***. I should have stayed with cricket instead of swapping over to sprint. They are horrible to deal with. I'll keep the regular S8 and avoid the idiots.
    You still have an amazing device. Same specs and such just smaller screen size.
    07-06-2017 12:23 PM
    You still have an amazing device. Same specs and such just smaller screen size.
    Thank you. I just got to wondering if I should have gotten the plus. I had never handled the plus until today but I did handle the regular and loved it. It's probably best that I stay with the regular as it was my first choice all along. It serves my needs which are reading articles, browsing the web and watching a movie every once in a while while still giving me the one hand option. You're right it's a awesome device. Thank you for reminding me as I got caught up in a moment with the plus.
    JoshDunc likes this.
    07-06-2017 12:32 PM
    Thank you. I just got to wondering if I should have gotten the plus. I had never handled the plus until today but I did handle the regular and loved it. It's probably best that I stay with the regular as it was my first choice all along. It serves my needs which are reading articles, browsing the web and watching a movie every once in a while while still giving me the one hand option. You're right it's a awesome device. Thank you for reminding me as I got caught up in a moment with the plus.
    Absolutely! The ONLY time I fall into the "bigger is better" is when the larger phone has better specs. In this case....that is null and void.
    07-06-2017 12:35 PM
    I think you should try it out and decide. I had the S8+ since April and just traded to the S8. I prefer the size of the S8 specially when using one-handed.
    JoshDunc likes this.
    07-06-2017 12:45 PM
    I returned the 8+ and got the 8 simply for one handed use. Both screens are big enough for me and I'm getting over 7 hours screen on time with the regular 8 which is more than enough for me.
    JoshDunc likes this.
    07-06-2017 12:48 PM
    I returned the 8+ and got the 8 simply for one handed use. Both screens are big enough for me and I'm getting over 7 hours screen on time with the regular 8 which is more than enough for me.
    Battery life is INSANE on these S8/S8+s! I end my day with at least 50% or more battery which never happened with my Pixel or iPhone 7+.
    07-06-2017 12:55 PM
    Battery life is INSANE on these S8/S8+s! I end my day with at least 50% or more battery which never happened with my Pixel or iPhone 7+.
    Its is really incredible. I didnt expect more than 6 hours but theres been a couple days I ended the day with 50% and 4 hours SOT. Im sure I could get well over that on the 8+ but I just dont need anymore for my usage.

I had odd hand cramps after holding the 8+ throughout the day. Under my thumb would be really sore and aggravated. I havent had any issues with the 8. I still have my 8+ case so Ive tried to compare holding the 2 side by side and glad I went to the smaller version.
    JoshDunc likes this.
    07-06-2017 01:07 PM
    Its is really incredible. I didnt expect more than 6 hours but theres been a couple days I ended the day with 50% and 4 hours SOT. Im sure I could get well over that on the 8+ but I just dont need anymore for my usage.

I had odd hand cramps after holding the 8+ throughout the day. Under my thumb would be really sore and aggravated. I havent had any issues with the 8. I still have my 8+ case so Ive tried to compare holding the 2 side by side and glad I went to the smaller version.
    That's awesome! Glad it worked out for you!!
    07-06-2017 01:23 PM
    Absolutely! The ONLY time I fall into the "bigger is better" is when the larger phone has better specs. In this case....that is null and void.
    So do you have the regular size S8? How do you like it so far. I just received mine yesterday. I have two cases on order and two skins as well. One from mighty skins which I've had good experiences with the other from dbrand which I'm not too sure about them. Their cuts tend to overhang where mighty skins is just right. I'll try the dbrand out first then if it's a no go I'll throw on the bright Red mighty skin. I ordered the Arctic silver S8 which now won't make a difference with a skin. I prefer not to use a case but I may because this phone was so expensive. What made you opt for the regular size S8?
    07-06-2017 01:27 PM
    I'm going to stick with the regular S8 as I like the one handed use. I like the plus but the regular S8 meets all my needs for reading articles and web browsing. I did look at the plus just now and I decided the regular is the best fit for me. The plus was nice though. Really nice
    They are really the same phone with the exception of screen and battery. Both are great, just depends on what screen size you want. The s8+ also gets slightly better battery life, if that's important to you.
    07-06-2017 02:27 PM
    They are really the same phone with the exception of screen and battery. Both are great, just depends on what screen size you want. The s8+ also gets slightly better battery life, if that's important to you.
    Battery life is definitely important to me so I've not totally ruled it out. I'm about to look further into it I think. I love the size of the S8 I have now but I wouldn't mind the larger screen either. I'll loose the one hand usage which is also important to me. It's a tough call. The good thing is I do have the option as my S8 arrived yesterday. I just don't know. What would you do if I'm my situation? Keep what I've got or exchange for the larger plus model? Both have their strong points. Like for example I can easily put this S8 in my pocket and easily use it with one hand. The plus I loose both of those options. Plus I've already ordered two cases and a skin for this S8 which I can easily return. I'm very much torn. I've also got an iPad Air 2 that is coming so that will cover all my movie needs and larger screen needs. It's also cellular unlimited plan so I can take it and use it anywhere. What do you think?
    07-06-2017 02:52 PM
    I've cooled down now so I've not totally ruled out the plus model. It's just a huge hassle to exchange them and more money out of pocket. What do you guys think? Should I go for it or keep what I have? On a side note I have a cellular iPad Air 2 on the way that will cover all of my movie needs and the need of a larger screen. Plus since it's cellular I can take it anywhere I need. That said do I really need the plus size screen? That would be the only reason I made the exchange.
    07-06-2017 02:56 PM
    Battery life is definitely important to me so I've not totally ruled it out. I'm about to look further into it I think. I love the size of the S8 I have now but I wouldn't mind the larger screen either. I'll loose the one hand usage which is also important to me. It's a tough call. The good thing is I do have the option as my S8 arrived yesterday. I just don't know. What would you do if I'm my situation? Keep what I've got or exchange for the larger plus model? Both have their strong points. Like for example I can easily put this S8 in my pocket and easily use it with one hand. The plus I loose both of those options. Plus I've already ordered two cases and a skin for this S8 which I can easily return. I'm very much torn. I've also got an iPad Air 2 that is coming so that will cover all my movie needs and larger screen needs. It's also cellular unlimited plan so I can take it and use it anywhere. What do you think?
    I would suggest that you make a decision matrix of the pluses and minuses of each one. That way you can see which is best for you.
    07-06-2017 02:59 PM
    I've cooled down now so I've not totally ruled out the plus model. It's just a huge hassle to exchange them and more money out of pocket. What do you guys think? Should I go for it or keep what I have? On a side note I have a cellular iPad Air 2 on the way that will cover all of my movie needs and the need of a larger screen. Plus since it's cellular I can take it anywhere I need. That said do I really need the plus size screen? That would be the only reason I made the exchange.
    If the only reason for wanting the plus is for videos etc and youve already bought an iPad for videos etc, I really so no reason to spend an extra $100 on the phone and restocking fee.
    Almeuit likes this.
    07-06-2017 03:06 PM
115 12345