Just ordered the regular size S8, questions

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Re: Okay I need help, S8 regular or S8 Plus?

That is a pretty big difference in battery life which is an important deal to me. I believe I'm going to stick with the regular S8 the more I think on it. I know I'd love the larger screen but I'm a huge one hand user and I also put my phone in my pocket a lot. I'm afraid that both will be difficult with the plus. Especially one handed use. I bet watching movies on it is much better. However the regular S8 still has plenty of screen real estate for being a one hander. It's really a tough choice to be honest. Plus I already have so much gear ordered for this S8 that it would be a major pain to return and start over now. Two cases and two skins. Then I installed a skinomi liquid skin screen protector on it this morning. What really got me is that I finally handled a plus in person having only handled the regular S8 in person up until today. That larger screen was nice then to hear the battery being that good still has me on the fence. Overall I'm happy with the regular size but I'm still very tempted to just go for the exchange. One guy said what I had in the back of my mind already being that I have a new 9.7 inch iPad on order so that should meet all my large screen needs plus it's cellular and on the unlimited plan so I can take it everywhere and use it. Just a really tough call either side for me now.

You can get great battery on the regular S8 also. This is with almost everything enabled (no AOD or NFC), no battery saving at all, just regular day to day use. I get this pretty consistently. Im not a heavy user so to speak but Im not a light user either. Average about 3 hours of calls a day and tons of web browsing and some videos.

Screenshot_20170630-211500.png Screenshot_20170630-211521.png

3.png 2.png

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site

You can get great battery on the regular S8 also. This is with almost everything enabled (no AOD or NFC), no battery saving at all, just regular day to day use. I get this pretty consistently. Im not a heavy user so to speak but Im not a light user either. Average about 3 hours of calls a day and tons of web browsing and some videos.

View attachment 263275 View attachment 263276

View attachment 263277 View attachment 263278
That's pretty good actually. Yeah I turned off my NFC all together. Just like now I'm using one hand to type this post. I couldn't do that with the plus. It's hard bc they both have their very strong points. I just have to decide and role with it and it be for good. I've got quite a few days and they have already credited my account the $35 dollar restock fee so basically they told me I'd have to just pay the down payment again for the plus and then get a refund on the down payment for this device. Bunch of trouble to me which is why I'm leaning towards just sticking with the regular. It's plenty big enough to even watch a movie on if I wanted to. Definitely big enough to research and read articles on too. Plus the most important thing is that it was my first and only choice when I originally considered the S8. I've just got to make a gut call and run with it. I'm pretty sure it will be this S8. What's got me is that I have the option right now. Once that goes away I'll be fine. Knowing I can makes me tempted to do it. You know the old saying that I speak of lol.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Re: Who's going to give their Honor 8 up for a Honor 9?

I would suggest that you make a decision matrix of the pluses and minuses of each one. That way you can see which is best for you.
That's a hard one because it's really a toss up. A part of me likes the size of the regular S8 I have now then the other half of me loved the Nexus 6p I had for a while with that large awesome display. It was a major pain lugging that phone around though and putting it in my pocket. That said the regular S8 I have now is probably the best of both worlds choice. I'm going to continue to think it over as I have plenty of time to decide. I've got that 14 day window so I dont have to decide today. What I really want is though to just make the decision and totally be done with it so I can get it off my mind and let it go. Overall it's definitely a toss up as both have their strong points.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

That's a hard one because it's really a toss up. A part of me likes the size of the regular S8 I have now then the other half of me loved the Nexus 6p I had for a while with that large awesome display. It was a major pain lugging that phone around though and putting it in my pocket. That said the regular S8 I have now is probably the best of both worlds choice. I'm going to continue to think it over as I have plenty of time to decide. I've got that 14 day window so I dont have to decide today. What I really want is though to just make the decision and totally be done with it so I can get it off my mind and let it go. Overall it's definitely a toss up as both have their strong points.

I know it's close... That's why I suggested the decision matrix. Even though they are close, you might be able to determine which is best for you.

But it sounds like you are set on the s8 for now. Most definitely... Since you already have it, try it out thoroughly durin the return period.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Who's going to give their Honor 8 up for a Honor 9?

Get S8 plus! Lol j/k. You already ordered skins so you're set for S8.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site

You both are right about what I have currently. I probably just need to stick with what I got. That plus is just so dang tempting though. I'll eventually make a decision and stick with it. I've got some time still yet. I think I'm about to call them and find out exactly what I'd have to pay down then make sure I got my refund for the S8 I have now. Another phone I had considered was the LG G6. Then my other choice was the Red limited edition iPhone 7 but it I believe was a bit too much down bc it's only offered in a 128g which blows the price sky high. The only reason I wanted the iPhone 7 was one, it was Red which all of my cases and skins are red and two, I could link it up to my new iPad Air 2 that is coming. I've got to do some major brainstorming so I'm going to call them shortly and try and get it all sorted out. I appreciate you guys feedback and advice. It helps to hear it and read it. When you're spending this kind of money on a phone it makes for a tough decision no doubt. The mid rangers are much more easy to decide on as there are three or four that are top notch that you can't go wrong with.

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: My S8 just arrived!!! Who has a regular S8? Should I Exchange for the +?

I swapped when I could simply for the screen and the battery size... And honestly 2/3 of the galaxies I sold were the pluses

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

I love my S8, the plus is just to big for most of my usage. I love the ability to use it one handed.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site

STAY AWAY FROM SPRINT!!! That's all I can say right now. To be continued.....

jon4400

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

How did you get your settings to be dark?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site

I love my S8, the plus is just to big for most of my usage. I love the ability to use it one handed.
It seems to be that we are the minority on here as I too enjoy a one handed device. That's why I initially chose the regular size S8 but that larger screen for some reason has tempted me. I am pretty sure I'm sticking with the regulsr S8. I ordered a new iPad so honestly if I exchange the S8 it would be for the Red limited iPhone 7 only because I can link it up to my iPad for texts and calls. The only thing is the Red is only offered in 128g so it makes it expensive. I have only used Android now for a little over a year as I was exclusive apple for many years. I've enjoyed Android though as I've been through a ton of different devices in my 14 months now. The S8 is definitely at the top of my Android list along with Huawei Honor which their software to me isn't Android what so ever and my other top device was the Nexus 6p but it was really big. For the most part of my Android time or for half of it I used an Honor 8 but EMUI is very much a hybrid software with an IOS like interface. Very fluid and smooth. I have to say though the S8 compared to the S7 models is 20 times smoother as touch wiz used to be very choppy and sticky. The S8 is not that way at all. I love it but would only change to be able to link the iPhone with my new iPad so it remains to be seen what I end up doing. A lot of it depends on Sprint as they have been a total nightmare to deal with. I was with cricket so long I totally forgot how much it sucked to be tied to a carrier. They have a 14 day return policy but now they are refusing to honor the same promotional pricing to me if I exercise my exchange policy. I'm giving customer rentention one shot to retain my business and if they don't or refuse to honor the same pricing that was originally offered to me in the beginning then I'm returning it all and canceling my services with the terrible company and will go have to cricket where I had been for a long while. Put it this way. To me this is fraud. My down payment on the S8 I have now was $30 dollars. I just received the S8 yesterday. Now that I enquired about an exchange they now tell me the S8 plus that was $45 down has now changed to $210 down if I exchange. Tell me that is not bad business or even fraud. I contacted retention and ask them to describe to me their primary job function. I ask them to tell me why they have a job and what does retention mean. I made them tell me and define the word before I went into any detail with them. Tomorrow by 1:00 pm I'm supposed to be receiving a call from retention with an explanation and resolution to the sudden triple in pricing for me simply exercising my customer right to utilize their 14 day return policy which I'm only one day in to. That is the absolute worse case of fraud I've ever encountered. Very bad business and I will go to every social media outlet and disclose their fraud practices that they are doing to me over not honoring their 14 day exchange policy. The only thing I've got on my side is I can still cancel and return everything but what a bunch of lying crooks. There is a reason there is a ranking in the four carriers if you know what I mean. I've definitely found that out. So a S8 plus before I signed up and ported my numbers was $45 dollars down payment but now it's all the sudden $210 dollars if I were to exchange. That is fraud in every way possible so tomorrow I shall see if customer care or customer retention actually has a job function at Sprint. To be continued....

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

View attachment 263275 View attachment 263276

View attachment 263277 View attachment 263278

It look like you were mainly using it for audio, camera, and I assume reading stuff? Not seeing any apps that taxed it.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

It look like you were mainly using it for audio, camera, and I assume reading stuff? Not seeing any apps that taxed it.
Normal day to day stuff. I don't play many games. Watched a few youtube reviews probably. Same use I would use on my G6 that would get me 6 1/2 hours SOT with a larger battery. 8 hours of actual use of any kind on a 3000mah battery, to me is pretty remarkable.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Normal day to day stuff. I don't play many games. Watched a few youtube reviews probably. Same use I would use on my G6 that would get me 6 1/2 hours SOT with a larger battery. 8 hours of actual use of any kind on a 3000mah battery, to me is pretty remarkable.

Def. not bad. I drain mine way to hard at work with media over LTE so hard for any phone really to last me all day.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

Def. not bad. I drain mine way to hard at work with media over LTE so hard for any phone really to last me all day.
I do iheart radio for about an hour over bluetooth headphones but mostly I just play it on the PC or Google home. An hour of streaming music on wifi, surprisingly doesn't use much battery.

That's the other thing, I'm constantly on wifi.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I do iheart radio for about an hour over bluetooth headphones but mostly I just play it on the PC or Google home. An hour of streaming music on wifi, surprisingly doesn't use much battery.

That's the other thing, I'm constantly on wifi.

Yeah my work wifi is just ... awful lol. I use LTE instead.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

STAY AWAY FROM SPRINT!!! That's all I can say right now. To be continued.....

Uh oh. That sounds ominous! I just hope that you aren't out any money, just some hardship.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site

Uh oh. That sounds ominous! I just hope that you aren't out any money, just some hardship.
Right now very much hardship. Sprint is not wanting to honor their original pricing to me if I exercise my customer right to exchange within my 14 day period which I'm only a day in to so far. The original price they offered me on a S8 plus was $45 down but now if I utilize my right to exchange it's change to $210 dollars!!! That is fraud. They are refusing to honor the original pricing they gave me before I signed up. No matter what their original pricing should still be honored through my 14 day return and exchange period. I've got customer retention bonus involved now so I'll see if they are worth anything unlike the rest of the departments have been to me. This has been a total nightmare and I think huge mistake. The initial deals were great but they have an exchange policy in place but yet triple the prices on my should I choose to utilize it. I think not. I'll cancel my entire order and go to bed very social media outlet and disclose their fraud like business practices if they don't Honor pricing that I was originally offered to me during my exchange period.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Right now very much hardship. Sprint is not wanting to honor their original pricing to me if I exercise my customer right to exchange within my 14 day period which I'm only a day in to so far. The original price they offered me on a S8 plus was $45 down but now if I utilize my right to exchange it's change to $210 dollars!!! That is fraud. They are refusing to honor the original pricing they gave me before I signed up. No matter what their original pricing should still be honored through my 14 day return and exchange period. I've got customer retention bonus involved now so I'll see if they are worth anything unlike the rest of the departments have been to me. This has been a total nightmare and I think huge mistake. The initial deals were great but they have an exchange policy in place but yet triple the prices on my should I choose to utilize it. I think not. I'll cancel my entire order and go to bed very social media outlet and disclose their fraud like business practices if they don't Honor pricing that I was originally offered to me during my exchange period.

Sorry to hear that. Sprint has a tendency to provide good "sign on" promotions to attract people but later their deals tend not to be as good. Actually other carriers do it too but Sprint is the worst at it. Hopefully you can get it sorted out.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site

Sorry to hear that. Sprint has a tendency to provide good "sign on" promotions to attract people but later their deals tend not to be as good. Actually other carriers do it too but Sprint is the worst at it. Hopefully you can get it sorted out.
Thank you very much. Yeah I got two heck of a deals which I should be happy with but when I simply wanted to exchange they triple the down payment price. I just got back off the phone with them and they are bumping it up the latter so find a resolution for me. I'm so mad right now. Example the S8 plus before I signed up was $45 down. Now to exchange to it it's $270 down. Tell me that's not fraud and terrible business ethics and I'm only two days in to my 14 day return and exchange policy. Makes me so angry. I finally got someone who cared and he said the best thing to do now is to bump it up to the higher powers. My guess is I won't get the same promotional pricing I originally did so I guess I should just be happy I got an S8 for $30 down and a iPad Air 2 ,9.7 for $40 down and run with it. That appears as what the best case will be. Still though it makes me super mad they are doing this. I can't stand being with a carrier like this.