Just ordered the regular size S8, questions

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Who's going to give their Honor 8 up for a Honor 9?

STAY AWAY FROM SPRINT!!! That's all I can say right now. To be continued.....

Sprint (if you ignore the network not working well for me) always irked me since a lot of their new plans/deals are for new customers only. Some carriers do say you must be on a certain plan to get said deal which that I am okay with since new or existing customers can swap to that plan... But Sprint sometimes like to have deals for new customers only no matter what. That is a turn off for me when it comes to their service.

hardvr

Jul 7, 2017
Visit site
As someone with the S8+ I definitely feel like the phone pushes the limits of my medium sized man hands. Even the addition of a case would make it too large to comfort imo.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
As someone with the S8+ I definitely feel like the phone pushes the limits of my medium sized man hands. Even the addition of a case would make it too large to comfort imo.
Yeah I feel ya. I just added a case to my regular S8 and now it feels almost too large. I'm probably best to stick with what I have to be honest. I got a skin for my S8 and I hate to cover it up. I will probably take my case off and not use it. I got used to how it felt without a case on.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site

Sprint (if you ignore the network not working well for me) always irked me since a lot of their new plans/deals are for new customers only. Some carriers do say you must be on a certain plan to get said deal which that I am okay with since new or existing customers can swap to that plan... But Sprint sometimes like to have deals for new customers only no matter what. That is a turn off for me when it comes to their service.
That's exactly what they've done to me here. As soon as I signed the agreement and activated this phone I was no longer a new customer thus I lost their new customer promotional pricing that was so good. It's fine. I won't stay with Sprint long at all. I'm going back to cricket and will keep buying my phones unlocked. I just couldn't afford both an iPad and a S8 at the same time so I kind of was forced to sign up. All in all I got two really good deals. $30 dollars down on the S8 and $40 dollars down on the iPad Air 2. The Air 2 is on back order and I sold my old tablet so I'm going through tablet withdrawals right now but it's supposed to be here on or before the 15th.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

That's exactly what they've done to me here. As soon as I signed the agreement and activated this phone I was no longer a new customer thus I lost their new customer promotional pricing that was so good. It's fine. I won't stay with Sprint long at all. I'm going back to cricket and will keep buying my phones unlocked. I just couldn't afford both an iPad and a S8 at the same time so I kind of was forced to sign up. All in all I got two really good deals. $30 dollars down on the S8 and $40 dollars down on the iPad Air 2. The Air 2 is on back order and I sold my old tablet so I'm going through tablet withdrawals right now but it's supposed to be here on or before the 15th.
Yep. It's pretty crap. Not fair to existing customers.

Dubzgb

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
I would suggest that you make a decision matrix of the pluses and minuses of each one. That way you can see which is best for you.
I can't help but picture you as Jared from silicon valley saying this!!:)
10d52b2b742b11ae70017c7f3e2bf184.jpg

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site

Yep. It's pretty crap. Not fair to existing customers.
You're right. The second I activated this phone on this ported line they had me and I never saw it coming. I've never used sprint before but I have the other carriers. I've never been treated this unfairly before and it's basically fraud in a way. They basically deny you the exchange in turn of raising their pricing through the roof. If this wasn't a clean conminyty I would have several choice words in my description of sprint. I won't be with them long and I've already said my choice words to several departments. They didn't even know what to say back to me. I was pretty pissed off. The company as a whole is very worthless. That is the nice way to say it here.

Wbutchart

May 27, 2016
Visit site
Re: My S8 just arrived!!! Who has a regular S8?

That was my thought too. I almost got both instead of ordering my iPad. I had it set but actually I was going to get the S8 regular and the LG G6 5.7 inch screen. I had to have the regular S8 for my daily phone as I like a one hander and this thing is perfect! I love it. Makes me want the S8 Plus now too.
Yeah, my iPad may have two years at best in it, then I will consider a plus as a merge of phone and tablet, still concerned the plus may be too big for what I do.

May just stick with normal and get a Windows tablet instead. They are slightly cheaper and better for productivity than iPads.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

Thank you very much. Yeah I got two heck of a deals which I should be happy with but when I simply wanted to exchange they triple the down payment price. I just got back off the phone with them and they are bumping it up the latter so find a resolution for me. I'm so mad right now. Example the S8 plus before I signed up was $45 down. Now to exchange to it it's $270 down. Tell me that's not fraud and terrible business ethics and I'm only two days in to my 14 day return and exchange policy. Makes me so angry. I finally got someone who cared and he said the best thing to do now is to bump it up to the higher powers. My guess is I won't get the same promotional pricing I originally did so I guess I should just be happy I got an S8 for $30 down and a iPad Air 2 ,9.7 for $40 down and run with it. That appears as what the best case will be. Still though it makes me super mad they are doing this. I can't stand being with a carrier like this.

I actually don't think this is fraud, but it is bad business and makes for a poor customer experience.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

Just return the S8 completely and do not exchange for anything else. Boom - you become a "new customer"again. Then they should give you the promotional pricing on the S8+.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Re: My S8 just arrived!!! Who has a regular S8?

Yeah, my iPad may have two years at best in it, then I will consider a plus as a merge of phone and tablet, still concerned the plus may be too big for what I do.

May just stick with normal and get a Windows tablet instead. They are slightly cheaper and better for productivity than iPads.
I thought about a surface tablet but I just remember loving the Air Pad 2 and it's still plenty of tablet even for today. The only thing it does not support is the apple pencil which I wouldn't use anyway so I seved the $300 bucks and went with the Air Pad 2 as my daily tablet.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site

Just return the S8 completely and do not exchange for anything else. Boom - you become a "new customer"again. Then they should give you the promotional pricing on the S8+.
That's what I just had to do with the iPad Air 2! They actually sold me a Space Grey that they didn't even have in stock nor we're going to get it back in. So I was forced to cancel my order but did they call me to inform me? Not a chance. I had to call them before I was finally told this. Now I'm trying to get the Silver model if that is in stock. I'm thinking about just canceling everything with Sprint. 100 percent they have been by far the most horrible carrier I've ever dealt with. It's been a terrible experience. Like right now I'm sitting here on hold with them waiting to find out if they are going to waive the down payment on the new tablet since they still have to refund me for the tablet they allowed me to order that they didn't even have in stock nor could even get anymore. I've been on the phone with all morning.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc