How is Touch Wiz after Long Term Use?

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Just picked up the Midnight Black S8+ and man is it amazing! Got everything installed and I am loving it! Feels amazing to have a large phone again! Gotta get used to the back button being on the right instead of the left but other than that I am clearing out the Pixel and either selling it or keeping it for a back up device.
You can change the back button to be on the left like the Pixel. It's under Settings > Display > Navigation Bar > Button Layout.

I changed mine on day one coming from Pixel XL :)

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, and I suspect I know the answer. For those that are saying no noticeable lag. Any of you all running multiple widgets, several apps in the background , etc? I suspect if you're on these forums then you're not a novice, but just double checking. I'm sporting an almost 2 year old Nexus 6p and even it slows down daily at this point, generally requiring at least a daily reboot.
I have all sorts of stuff running on my 8+. No lag issues. Two emails, this forum lol, checking Google photos, my ups, you name it it's running half the time.

michaelp68

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I've had my S8+ since day #1 . It's still buttery smooth and lightning fast. Just everything is uber zippy, still. And I use my phone a lot for a lot all day long.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Best device to date for me I see myself with the S8 plus for at least 2 years tired of paying for new devices. This phone is smooth no issues at all super fast.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Not as smooth as the Pixel but the only vanilla I like is ice cream.

Lag hasn't been a problem but I'm one of the few who is not adverse to a factory reset if things slow down.

Wbutchart

May 27, 2016
Visit site
I've had mines 2 months, new to android so don't clean partition etc. No notable slowdown of device, just as fast as day 1. I have a fair few widgets on the go too, don't see any slowdown with s8.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, and I suspect I know the answer. For those that are saying no noticeable lag. Any of you all running multiple widgets, several apps in the background , etc? I suspect if you're on these forums then you're not a novice, but just double checking. I'm sporting an almost 2 year old Nexus 6p and even it slows down daily at this point, generally requiring at least a daily reboot.

The 6P had issues from the start and I think the older processor along with the slower storage/ram could be part of the issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20