How is Touch Wiz after Long Term Use?

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I am contemplating going and getting the S8+ at my local Best Buy today. I was curious if those who have had the device for 1+ month could weigh in on how TouchWiz is performing. My S5 and Note 4 got REALLY laggy within a month or so and I never could use the phone without being frustrated. Thanks for the inputs! 😀

hydrofarmer

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Mine is working very well I am a stickler for clearing my cache partition and making sure programs are closed but other than no issues very surprised coming from my Note 4 as I understand what you were saying.

hydrofarmer

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
It feels like a completely different Android phone. I was very surprised at the performance difference between the Note 4 and the S8 Plus. I've had mine since the day they were released and wouldn't have changed my purchase decision

HULKchampion

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Mine works perfectly well since release date. Long term usage is definitely in my books. I'm talking about 2 years at least.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Coming up on 2 months and still going strong. Puts my S7 Edge to shame as that stinker was lagging from day one. Was very frustrated with it. S8 Plus performs amazingly well. I didn't even install Nova Prime, something I have done from day one on all my previous Samsung phones. No complaints here.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Coming up on 2 months and still going strong. Puts my S7 Edge to shame as that stinker was lagging from day one. Was very frustrated with it. S8 Plus performs amazingly well. I didn't even install Nova Prime, something I have done from day one on all my previous Samsung phones. No complaints here.
Yes I agree. I was agitated with the 7 edge. It was also not as wide not long. I like a lot that the 8+ is wider.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
With experience with Note 4, Note 7 and S7 edge all ATT branded, I find the unlocked S8+ to be lag free so far for me. It's only been about 2 weeks though. Much smoother than any Samsung I've had before. I still find the camera shutter to be a little laggy compared to the Pixel and Mate 9, but better than the G6. Shutter lag is a pet peeve of mine.
Very happy with the user experience so far, but I prefer using Nova launcher.

iFortWorth

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, and I suspect I know the answer. For those that are saying no noticeable lag. Any of you all running multiple widgets, several apps in the background , etc? I suspect if you're on these forums then you're not a novice, but just double checking. I'm sporting an almost 2 year old Nexus 6p and even it slows down daily at this point, generally requiring at least a daily reboot.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, and I suspect I know the answer. For those that are saying no noticeable lag. Any of you all running multiple widgets, several apps in the background , etc? I suspect if you're on these forums then you're not a novice, but just double checking. I'm sporting an almost 2 year old Nexus 6p and even it slows down daily at this point, generally requiring at least a daily reboot.
I have had all nexus, yes all and Pixel XL. S8 Plus is not nexus or Pixel smooth but it is darn close enough. It's a phone that is well balanced. If immediate software updates and no can beat buttery smooth is what you are looking for, then stick with Pixel.

S8 Plus has so much more to offer than just the buttery smooth UI. but as I said, it's so darn close to perfect, better than any other phone Samsung had ever mad.

iFortWorth

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! I've given up on a buttery smooth Android device. But I am anxious to see what it has to offer. I'll most likely wait for the Note 8 but who knows, may bite the bullet on the S8+

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Just picked up the Midnight Black S8+ and man is it amazing! Got everything installed and I am loving it! Feels amazing to have a large phone again! Gotta get used to the back button being on the right instead of the left but other than that I am clearing out the Pixel and either selling it or keeping it for a back up device.

iFortWorth

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Just picked up the Midnight Black S8+ and man is it amazing! Got everything installed and I am loving it! Feels amazing to have a large phone again! Gotta get used to the back button being on the right instead of the left but other than that I am clearing out the Pixel and either selling it or keeping it for a back up device.

Wow, so no regrets coming from a stock android Pixel?

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Wow, so no regrets coming from a stock android Pixel?
Nope. No regrets so far. Gonna keep the Pixel for 2 weeks and see if I go back to it. If not, I'll sale it. I LOVE the Pixel but I think it got a little too boring for me. Not a ton of features and such. Time will tell but as of right now, I like the S8+ a smidge more. 😁

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech