01-14-2018 10:27 AM
44 12
tools
    Never had typing issues on smaller screen phones. I've tried Gboard which was marginally better than Samsung keyboard. It's incredibly frustrating trying to type accurately. Are there any better keyboards or solutions?
    07-03-2017 01:39 PM
    I'm going to suggest Swiftkey. I use it on my iPhone and occasionally on my S8 Plus. Fairly customizable and pretty accurate. Thanks
    07-03-2017 01:50 PM
    Don't type Swype lol that's what I do on here and my iPhone but using Samsung keyboard on here
    07-03-2017 02:04 PM
    Swype works very well on the S8.
    07-03-2017 02:08 PM
    Yeah typing is bad on the s8+. Lol swiped it for the first time and it works pretty good on Gboard.
    07-03-2017 02:15 PM
    I can't swype to save my life so I just tap type. I use Gboard and have no issues.
    07-03-2017 03:02 PM
    Or you could just use voice to text and viola
    07-03-2017 03:23 PM
    You can resize swiftkey up to this big if you are having trouble with accuracy. And also swiftkey learns your usual sentence construction and words most used so it has a better prediction. And it can also support more than one language in one sentence without needing to switch language.
    07-03-2017 03:34 PM
    I recommend SwiftKeys as well. Resize the keyboard aspect that meets your needs and you'll be fine. I used the largest resize option on my S8+ and love it. Plus give the keyboard awhile so it'll recognize your typing style and adjust to it.
    07-03-2017 04:38 PM
    Never had typing issues on smaller screen phones. I've tried Gboard which was marginally better than Samsung keyboard. It's incredibly frustrating trying to type accurately. Are there any better keyboards or solutions?
    You can try the Samsung Keyboard Case and see if a physical keyboard works better for you. I think you can find them on Amazon for about 40 bucks. If anything, the case that it comes with is a decent one, offering good protection.
    07-03-2017 04:47 PM
    I'm going to suggest Swiftkey. I use it on my iPhone and occasionally on my S8 Plus. Fairly customizable and pretty accurate. Thanks
    I'm finding Swype is pretty inaccurate as well using the Samsung keyboard. Im about to try Swiftkey and Google.
    anon(9602380) likes this.
    07-03-2017 05:06 PM
    I've tried a crap load of keyboards, IMO keyboards is the weakest point of Android. I use the following linked keyboard, there is a free version to test it out. Don't get alarmed with the small skinny keyboard they show, there's a bigger keyboard you can change it to. You can resize it, put it on either side of the screen, or full screen. It has what they call sloppy typing and that feature works really good, amazingly good. It does not do Swype as sloppy typing prediction would be hard with Swype. It's not perfect, no keyboard is. I also have a screen shot of how my keyboard looks, I have mine reduced size and to the right. You will be amazed at the accuracy.

Cons.. Two letter words give it some issue here and there, like so, do, to, go. When entering passwords and usernames, sometimes you have to turn sloppy typing off, which is easy to do, it's the round yellow dot with the check mark to the left at top left corner of keyboard.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...minuumkeyboard

07-03-2017 05:40 PM
    I guess I would ask what is causing your inability to type? Is it too wide for one handed typing? Are all the possible keyboards messing up words for you? If the Samsung keyboard, Gboard, and SwiftKey are all failing you, I'm really curious why. There are one handed modes if that's the issue. You can enlarge the keys if you aren't hitting the right letters.
    07-03-2017 11:23 PM
    I guess I would ask what is causing your inability to type? Is it too wide for one handed typing? Are all the possible keyboards messing up words for you? If the Samsung keyboard, Gboard, and SwiftKey are all failing you, I'm really curious why. There are one handed modes if that's the issue. You can enlarge the keys if you aren't hitting the right letters.
    Swift key let's you resize the keyboard to their set sizes, but it won't let you preference right or left side for easy one handed typing.
    07-03-2017 11:36 PM
    Google Keyboard swipe, get used to that and it's amazing. Forget Samsung keyboard, Swype or SwiftKeys, they have all been proven less accurate
    07-04-2017 07:41 AM
    Swiftkey my friend the keyboard is amazing especially auto-correct and completing your sentences. I tried the stock it's bad and also tried flesky that was terrible.
    07-04-2017 08:01 AM
    Go with SwiftKey as others have said. You have different keyboard size options so you can pick what's right for you.
    07-04-2017 08:07 AM
    When I press the keys the one next to it is often what shows up. I've noticed some lag so I have to type slower than previous phones which sometimes helps. I can give Swiftkey a shot.
    07-04-2017 08:12 AM
    You can try the Samsung Keyboard Case and see if a physical keyboard works better for you. I think you can find them on Amazon for about 40 bucks. If anything, the case that it comes with is a decent one, offering good protection.
    The samsung keyboard can be resized as well
    07-04-2017 08:16 AM
    Another vote foe SwiftKey because of the best predictions
    07-04-2017 08:44 AM
    When I press the keys the one next to it is often what shows up. I've noticed some lag so I have to type slower than previous phones which sometimes helps. I can give Swiftkey a shot.
    07-04-2017 11:08 AM
    Having another issue with gBoard that's happened several times this week. When I try to type, the keyboard is completely missing there's no letters. I have to either restart the phone or force close gBoard and restart. I've never been more frustrated with a phone.
    07-04-2017 11:13 AM
    I don't understand how you guys are having so many issues typing on this phone. I haven't had a single issue, whether it be the Samsung keyboard, G board or my go to SwiftKey. I actually have to shrink the keyboard size down because the larger sizes look too comically out of place. No issues touch typing, swiping or using SwiftKey Flow to type entire sentences without lifting my finger.
    T48 likes this.
    07-04-2017 11:39 AM
    I'm struggling. Going from the wide iPhone 6S+ to the S8 is killing my texting. If I had bought the S8+ I'm thinking I'd be fine but I really hate carrying such a large phone in my pocket and am trying to go a bit smaller. Swift key has been mostly negative. It always gets my words wrong as wrong can be. Voice to text is not nearly as good as it is on iOS.

SO... Yeah a bummer so far.
    07-04-2017 12:17 PM
    I second, third and fourth SwiftKey. You can resize to the biggest keyboard around.

The predictive power is superior to all other keyboards. It's a no brainer--w/due respect to others who favor other keyboards
    07-04-2017 07:53 PM
44 12