I cannot type on this phone

Njbrandon

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Never had typing issues on smaller screen phones. I've tried Gboard which was marginally better than Samsung keyboard. It's incredibly frustrating trying to type accurately. Are there any better keyboards or solutions?

anon(9602380)

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
I'm going to suggest Swiftkey. I use it on my iPhone and occasionally on my S8 Plus. Fairly customizable and pretty accurate. Thanks

BratPAQ

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
You can resize swiftkey up to this big if you are having trouble with accuracy. And also swiftkey learns your usual sentence construction and words most used so it has a better prediction. And it can also support more than one language in one sentence without needing to switch language.
89cc17cd7908c7a7417ecbdbb7954e23.jpg

HULKchampion

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I recommend SwiftKeys as well. Resize the keyboard aspect that meets your needs and you'll be fine. I used the largest resize option on my S8+ and love it. Plus give the keyboard awhile so it'll recognize your typing style and adjust to it.

Racing24

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Never had typing issues on smaller screen phones. I've tried Gboard which was marginally better than Samsung keyboard. It's incredibly frustrating trying to type accurately. Are there any better keyboards or solutions?
You can try the Samsung Keyboard Case and see if a physical keyboard works better for you. I think you can find them on Amazon for about 40 bucks. If anything, the case that it comes with is a decent one, offering good protection.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I've tried a crap load of keyboards, IMO keyboards is the weakest point of Android. I use the following linked keyboard, there is a free version to test it out. Don't get alarmed with the small skinny keyboard they show, there's a bigger keyboard you can change it to. You can resize it, put it on either side of the screen, or full screen. It has what they call sloppy typing and that feature works really good, amazingly good. It does not do Swype as sloppy typing prediction would be hard with Swype. It's not perfect, no keyboard is. I also have a screen shot of how my keyboard looks, I have mine reduced size and to the right. You will be amazed at the accuracy.

Cons.. Two letter words give it some issue here and there, like so, do, to, go. When entering passwords and usernames, sometimes you have to turn sloppy typing off, which is easy to do, it's the round yellow dot with the check mark to the left at top left corner of keyboard.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=com.whirlscape.minuumkeyboard&token=KF0P2zYc

fddfe34411d8a039652bdbf492343892.jpg

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I guess I would ask what is causing your inability to type? Is it too wide for one handed typing? Are all the possible keyboards messing up words for you? If the Samsung keyboard, Gboard, and SwiftKey are all failing you, I'm really curious why. There are one handed modes if that's the issue. You can enlarge the keys if you aren't hitting the right letters.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I guess I would ask what is causing your inability to type? Is it too wide for one handed typing? Are all the possible keyboards messing up words for you? If the Samsung keyboard, Gboard, and SwiftKey are all failing you, I'm really curious why. There are one handed modes if that's the issue. You can enlarge the keys if you aren't hitting the right letters.
Swift key let's you resize the keyboard to their set sizes, but it won't let you preference right or left side for easy one handed typing.

UKROB

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Google Keyboard swipe, get used to that and it's amazing. Forget Samsung keyboard, Swype or SwiftKeys, they have all been proven less accurate

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Swiftkey my friend the keyboard is amazing especially auto-correct and completing your sentences. I tried the stock it's bad and also tried flesky that was terrible.

Njbrandon

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site

When I press the keys the one next to it is often what shows up. I've noticed some lag so I have to type slower than previous phones which sometimes helps. I can give Swiftkey a shot.

jcochran1977

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
You can try the Samsung Keyboard Case and see if a physical keyboard works better for you. I think you can find them on Amazon for about 40 bucks. If anything, the case that it comes with is a decent one, offering good protection.
The samsung keyboard can be resized as well