Samsung Flow

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Got it to work now, finally. I had to allow companion devices to unlock PC. I had to use the following instructions to do it:
Run > gpedit.msc then Local Computer Policy, navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Microsoft Secondary Authentication Factor and set explicitly to Enabled

I also had to uninstall the Flow app, install latest copy of version 1 first, re-pair the device with the computer, then upgrade to the latest version of the Flow app (version 2), and then re-authenticate Bluetooth again and it finally prompted me for my pin and registered the device.

This whole thing definitely needs work. You pretty much need an IT degree to figure it out. It took me nearly 3 hours from start to finish. I also have a feeling that if I tried to do this again it would not work the same way. Let's see if it stays stable for now.

I'll give this a last try tomorrow but I can already unlock my PC with a PIN so I'll see if this new policy setting can make a difference in my case. Thanks.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Galaxy Book 10.6

We've covered this already, you and I. Of course it works on Galaxy Books. Flow is built in Galaxy Books. We know it works on those as it comes pre-installed from the factory. The issue is installing it on a standard PC.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
We've covered this already, you and I. Of course it works on Galaxy Books. Flow is built in Galaxy Books. We know it works on those as it comes pre-installed from the factory. The issue is installing it on a standard PC.

Yes we have, why do you keep asking, lol.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Because you keep telling us it works on yours which serves literally zero purpose in this thread.

Well if you want to be a smarty pants about it, your first comment was regarding the Creators Update solving the issue. I just now updated to Creators Update. Flow works without CU being installed.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Well if you want to be a smarty pants about it, your first comment was regarding the Creators Update solving the issue. I just now updated to Creators Update. Flow works without CU being installed.

This is why children shouldn't have internet access.

Yes Flow works without the Creative Update, ONLY on Galaxy Books. We arent talking about Galaxy Books. I really cant make that any clearer.

Last edited:

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Got it to work now, finally. I had to allow companion devices to unlock PC. I had to use the following instructions to do it:
Run > gpedit.msc then Local Computer Policy, navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Microsoft Secondary Authentication Factor and set explicitly to Enabled

I also had to uninstall the Flow app, install latest copy of version 1 first, re-pair the device with the computer, then upgrade to the latest version of the Flow app (version 2), and then re-authenticate Bluetooth again and it finally prompted me for my pin and registered the device.

This whole thing definitely needs work. You pretty much need an IT degree to figure it out. It took me nearly 3 hours from start to finish. I also have a feeling that if I tried to do this again it would not work the same way. Let's see if it stays stable for now.

This did the trick for me, it seems that it was the only thing missing. Thanks.

BUT, like I said before and you also mentioned, SideSync is a more complete tool and works better and easier.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Like I said I tried everything on my PC yesterday afternoon. I tried to SideSync app and it were beautifully! If anyone is having annoyances or frustrations with the Samsung flow application still, I also highly suggest to try the SideSync application from the Play Store.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, I'm trying to get Samsung's new Application to work and connect on my S8 and Windows 10 Laptop. https://help.content.samsung.com/csweb/faq/searchFaq.do;jsessionid=O95HE3dO9qexZPJ4Trp4nsre.wsite21

The article says that both of my devices are compatible, the windows client won't' work at all. Has anyone else tried this at all? Thank you for any feedback.

Out of curiosity i tried the app too, turns out didn't work for me either. Unfortunately the app seems recent enough so most of us don't even know about this crap (aka sidesync replacement) you need bluetooth i think though mine kept saying my pc didn't have the right settings but i think your win 10 pc needs to be before the creator patch too.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Like I said when I try the Samsung flow application from the Microsoft store it just didn't work. The SideSync app from the Play Store Works beautifully though!

afh3

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Tried getting this to work on both of my Surface Pro 4 tablets, and they both fail to progress beyond the last step - that being the "Register Device" action.

Both systems fully meet all of the requirements, and the pairing process is successful. It just won't register the device.

No error is thrown, it just doesn't proceed after the confirmation request issued by the register action.

I suspect this could be because they are both members of a Windows domain, unless someone else here can confirm that they have it working in this configuration.

Last edited:

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like Samsung flow as working easily or correctly for anyone so far without a ton of effort! thankfully, there are other options thanks the customization of Android. Hahah

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
This is why children shouldn't have internet access.

Yes Flow works without the Creative Update, ONLY on Galaxy Books. We arent talking about Galaxy Books. I really cant make that any clearer.

Hey smarta$$, I'm more than likely older than you, so get off your high horse.

This whole conversation started about Flow not working. My Galaxy Book is a Windows 10 pc. Nothing from the get-go stated anything about Galaxy Books or non Galaxy Books. Yes, I have a GB and it came installed, so lose your attitude. It has been determined that normal pc's are having issues.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Hey smarta$$, I'm more than likely older than you, so get off your high horse.

This whole conversation started about Flow not working. Nothing from the get-go stated anything about Galaxy Books or non Galaxy Books. Yes, I have a GB and it came installed, so lose your attitude. It has been determined that normal pc's are having issues.

ChefKaiser

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
I have a Samsung desktop with i7 processor.
The problem is with TPM.
No TPM traces on BIOS to enable it.

I just can't believe, Samsung made a PC desktop without this piece of hardware?

After contact by email Samsung and asking specifically about TPM issue, the answer:

- Check Windows updates, you need last version of windows. (Creators version).

Not a single word about TPM question.

UBLELIVEBLE.

PS.

My PC is running windows creator.
Already test and have the same TPM issue on a Vaio laptop with last windows creators updated.

afh3

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I saw there were updates to both the phone and the PC versions of this application, and tried it again after the multiple failed attempts ten days ago.

This time it worked perfectly on both of my Surface tablets.

I guess I know where the problem was now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood