09-08-2017 01:34 PM
63 123
tools
    Hi all, I'm trying to get Samsung's new Application to work and connect on my S8 and Windows 10 Laptop. https://help.content.samsung.com/csw...p4nsre.wsite21

The article says that both of my devices are compatible, the windows client won't' work at all. Has anyone else tried this at all? Thank you for any feedback.
    07-03-2017 08:57 PM
    You have Creators update or later on the laptop? And did you install the drivers they talk about. Dunno, seems more trouble than worth to me. Good info site though.
    07-03-2017 09:12 PM
    I don't think I have Critters Studio on my laptop but I do have Windows 10 latest updates. I instill the application from the Windows store but didn't install any drivers. It would be nice to get notifications on my laptop from my phone but I guess it's not too too big of a deal...
    07-03-2017 09:17 PM
    Reading that link again they say app/driver. I read it fast but looks like the consider the app the driver, so my bad on that.
    07-03-2017 09:24 PM
    Reading that link again they say app/driver. I read it fast but looks like the consider the app the driver, so my bad on that.
    No worries, it's all good. I try to install all the apps and clients on my phone and my PC, it still doesn't work! like I said, not the end of the world but it would have been nice. I know there's an application to Play Store to do just that but the free version only gives you 100 text messages per month to reply back from your PC that will sing to your phone. And I'd rather not pay for it it's not worth it to me.
    07-03-2017 09:31 PM
    And I'd rather not pay for it it's not worth it to me.
    Hear ya there
    07-03-2017 09:36 PM
    Hear ya there
    Yeah, I'm calling up Samsung now, and I've already tried calling up Microsoft because I'm trying to get this Flow app to work.
    07-04-2017 09:42 AM
    I have Flow on both my S7 and Galaxy Book. Works fine for me.
    07-04-2017 09:59 AM
    I have Flow on both my S7 and Galaxy Book. Works fine for me.
    The problem is directly with Windows 10.

Looks like the key is getting the creator update. Once you do that it should all work.
    eric002 likes this.
    07-04-2017 10:04 AM

Looks like the key is getting the creator update. Once you do that it should all work.
    Nope. I don't have the creators update and it works fine. More than likely the OP is not following the directions somewhere.
    07-04-2017 10:17 AM
    Nope. I don't have the creators update and it works fine. More than likely the OP is not following the directions somewhere.

Its built into your galaxy book from the get go. Has been for months.

I was having the same issue, updated windows and now it works. The OP followed the only directions there are. Unfortunately you have to have the creator update on a windows pc for it to work.
    07-04-2017 10:19 AM
    Hi all, I'm trying to get Samsung's new Application to work and connect on my S8 and Windows 10 Laptop. https://help.content.samsung.com/csw...p4nsre.wsite21

The article says that both of my devices are compatible, the windows client won't' work at all. Has anyone else tried this at all? Thank you for any feedback.
    Samsung is not being clear with requirements for running Samsung Flow on a Windows machine. You need to have TPM module (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trusted_Platform_Module) installed on your motherboard or alternatively embedded in hardware of your laptop. Without this Samsung Flow will not run. You won't be able to install the required driver. I just ordered an add-on TPM module for my motherboard but running this on my laptop will not be possible. I do not have a laptop that has an embedded TPM module.
    07-04-2017 10:53 AM
    Just installed this on my phone and will install it on my Windows 10 machine to test out later. I'll report my findings if still required.
    07-04-2017 11:44 AM
    Trust me I'm following the directions beautifully. I've downloaded the app on my phone downloaded the app on my laptop the second I open up the app on my laptop it says it's not compatible with my Windows 10 laptop. Everything is up to date.

Yeah, I've tried that a few times it's still not working for some reason. It's a bit frustrating cuz I would love to use this application. I'm going to continue trying and see how far I can get. Thanks for the suggestions though.
    07-04-2017 11:46 AM
    Samsung is not being clear with requirements for running Samsung Flow on a Windows machine. You need to have TPM module (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trusted_Platform_Module) installed on your motherboard or alternatively embedded in hardware of your laptop. Without this Samsung Flow will not run. You won't be able to install the required driver. I just ordered an add-on TPM module for my motherboard but running this on my laptop will not be possible. I do not have a laptop that has an embedded TPM module.
    I see now I had no idea I heard of the TPM but didn't realize it was an additional module for my motherboard! Yeah I can't afford that and I don't need it the necessity for me. Thanks for the help though. You're right Samsung wasn't very clear and direct regarding that unfortunately.
    07-04-2017 11:47 AM
    Trust me I'm following the directions beautifully. I've downloaded the app on my phone downloaded the app on my laptop the second I open up the app on my laptop it says it's not compatible with my Windows 10 laptop. Everything is up to date.

Yeah, I've tried that a few times it's still not working for some reason. It's a bit frustrating cuz I would love to use this application. I'm going to continue trying and see how far I can get. Thanks for the suggestions though.
    I'm now having an issue getting the update to install on my work pc, which is where I'd really like this to work.

Let me know if you ever get a clear path to getting this running. On my personal pc it did the update and everyrhing perfect.
    07-04-2017 11:48 AM
    I'm now having an issue getting the update to install on my work pc, which is where I'd really like this to work.

Let me know if you ever get a clear path to getting this running. On my personal pc it did the update and everyrhing perfect.
    Now, on your personal PC do you have a TPM module installed on your motherboard. Because apparently another user on this form is saying that you need to have one in order for the applications to talk to each other correctly.
    07-04-2017 11:50 AM
    Now, on your personal PC do you have a TPM module installed on your motherboard. Because apparently another user on this form is saying that you need to have one in order for the applications to talk to each other correctly.
    I believe so. That ones a top end Asus ROG board that should have everything. The work pc is an msi board so it may not have it.
    07-04-2017 11:53 AM
    I believe so. That ones a top end Asus ROG board that should have everything. The work pc is an msi board so it may not have it.
    See for me I don't have a TPM module on my Windows 10 laptop. Yoga 1 ultrabook.
    07-04-2017 11:56 AM
    I tried this on my Dell Latitude E7440 at work and after enabling TPM module in the BIOS (UEFI), and then activating it (also in the BIOS, available only after you first enable TPM), I was able to install the Samsung Flow Driver and the application. I was able to pair my device but now I am stuck again. Samsung is requiring me to have a Windows PIN and my organizational policy requires passwords and does not allow PIN. I cannot continue past this point because of this. Very weak implementation by Samsung. Why would I want to reduce the security on my machine from a password to a PIN? It's crazy. It should just work with a password.

Edit: Forget what I said above. I totally misunderstood Microsoft's concept of a PIN. I read this quickly https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...-than-password and noticed that PIN as used in Windows 10 is actually in many ways more secure than a password. Having said that, this is still limiting by Samsung as I am certain that more companies than not use passwords only. Frustrating
    eric002 likes this.
    07-04-2017 11:56 AM
    I tried this on my Dell Latitude E7440 at work and after enabling TPM module in the BIOS (UEFI), and then activating it (also in the BIOS, available only after you first enable TPM), I was able to install the Samsung Flow Driver and the application. I was able to pair my device but now I am stuck again. Samsung is requiring me to have a Windows PIN and my organizational policy requires passwords and does not allow PIN. I cannot continue past this point because of this. Very weak implementation by Samsung. Why would I want to reduce the security on my machine from a password to a PIN? It's crazy. It should just work with a password.
    I'm not home so can't check now but do you need to actually use the pin or just have one designated? On my work pc I have a pin set up but I use a password.

At home I use a pin.
    07-04-2017 11:59 AM
    I'm not home so can't check now but do you need to actually use the pin or just have one designated? On my work pc I have a pin set up but I use a password.

At home I use a pin.
    I'm going to try this method in a second and see if it works. As far as a group policy on your laptop which is a secure VPN, unfortunately you might have worse luck. Company might not want to give you a pin.
    07-04-2017 12:00 PM
    I'm going to try this method in a second and see if it works. As far as a group policy on your laptop which is a secure VPN, unfortunately you might have worse luck. Company might not want to give you a pin.
    Im lucky in this aspect as its my company and I handle the network. I dont have an issue having a pin as long as I can use the password still. Although I guess it doesnt mattersince if someone wants to get access using my pin they can just click "use pin" on the welcome screen.

Thats going to be interesting. Im sure I can find some hack to disable the pin option on the welcome screen if need be.
    07-04-2017 12:04 PM
    Im lucky in this aspect as its my company and I handle the network. I dont have an issue having a pin as long as I can use the password still. Although I guess it doesnt mattersince if someone wants to get access using my pin they can just click "use pin" on the welcome screen.

Thats going to be interesting. Im sure I can find some hack to disable the pin option on the welcome screen if need be.
    Well, unfortunately, I just went into the BIOS on my laptop and I can't find a TPM module to an able. I'm going to try to reconfigure and set everything up one more time but if it didn't work the first few times just not going to work this time unfortunately.
    07-04-2017 12:05 PM
    is this just for notifications?
    07-04-2017 12:57 PM
63 123