Always on Display - Option to dim to help battery?

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I love the AOD and given what it does the battery hit is not too bad, it is though a little over the 1% an hour Samsung claim.

It is strange that the LCD equipped Lg G6 AOD uses less battery and I do get the sense that it could be optimised further, for example personally I would be happier with the brightness being dialled down a little.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The brightness follows ambient light, but I agree, It could be a little dimmer, but mine is usually in my pocket or laying on its face when not being used. Both turn the AOD off.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
The brightness follows ambient light, but I agree, It could be a little dimmer, but mine is usually in my pocket or laying on its face when not being used. Both turn the AOD off.
I love that it turns off when you flip the phone on its face. That's how my phone go to sleep at night lol

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I have aod scheduled so it turns off at night. Personally I just think it is brighter than it needs to be.

Some different options would be nice too, mabye a smaller view that still shows notifications?

Stephen33

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
I owned a Note Edge, the experimental phone that brought Samsung to this awesome point. When you'd swipe on the edge of the phone when the screen was powered off, it'd bring up an information edge that would show notifications and the time. I'd LOVE to have that option on this phone, the aesthetics alone are awesome, but their edge offering for AOD on the S8 falls short for me. I have my AOD on a schedule to turn off while I sleep, but being able to glance at my phone at anytime for immediate info is too valuable, brightness issue or not. It is disconcerting to know that others' AOD shuts off in pocket, as mine stays on.

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I personally think that it is just right in different lighting situations based on the ambient sensor. In a dark room its dark enough not to be seen by everyone, but just right for my eyes. Same in a well lit room. Though I do understand what others are saying.

Mia Feeling

Mar 1, 2018
Visit site
Really because i believe my aod is TOO DIM for my liking i always charge it with a 'fast charger' so for my 3% or 4% dosent bother me
I believe it would be good for you to update the S7 edge to have when you are on the aod screen you could swipe up on the edge to adjust the brightness for the aod screen.
But Thats just how i feel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz