Hey everyone,

I am a recent Apple convert to the Samsung/Android world, and its been an awesome transition so far! However, I do have a quick question about how Notifications are presented on my new S8.

By default, it seems that when a new notification comes in while I am using the phone, I get a sound/vibration/edge lighting to alert me of the new notification.

I was wondering if there was a way to have a visible "Banner Notification" that appears somewhere on the screen (a la iOS) when these notifications come in.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    07-05-2017 02:47 PM
    Welcome to the forums. I would have to say, it depends, but mostly not. Notifications on the S8 are complicated, but you've come to the right place as there are quite a few converts in the S8 forum. I'll move this thread there for you, but check out this thread:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...?highlight=iOS

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    Hey Guys I was able to figure out a resolution, it has to do with the edge light settings:

Turn off edge lighting and you'll get androids standard banner notification

To turn off:

Settings -> Display -> Edge Screen -> Uncheck Edge Lighting

Or

Tap on Edge Lighting and you can customize which apps you would like to have Edge Lighting/notification pill enabled for.
    Welcome to the forums. I would have to say, it depends, but mostly not. Notifications on the S8 are complicated, but you've come to the right place as there are quite a few converts in the S8 forum. I'll move this thread there for you, but check out this thread:

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    07-05-2017 04:42 PM
    Mod Note: Moved to S8 forum for visibility.
    07-05-2017 04:44 PM
    I suggest an app called NILS or floatify. I settled on NILS after trying floatify. There is also an app called ios10 that does what you want.
    07-05-2017 11:16 PM

Hey Guys I was able to figure out a resolution, it has to do with the edge light settings:

Turn off edge lighting and you'll get androids standard banner notification

To turn off:

Settings -> Display -> Edge Screen -> Uncheck Edge Lighting

Or

Tap on Edge Lighting and you can customize which apps you would like to have Edge Lighting/notification pill enabled for.
    krishnansasikumar likes this.
    07-06-2017 08:52 AM
    Welcome as a new member! Thanks for joining up, figuring out the solution and posting back here! To you goes Best Answer.
    ktp930 likes this.
    07-06-2017 11:09 AM