Samsung Clear Protective Cover or UAG?

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
So I am torn between these 2. I currently am using the Samsung case and love that it showcases the device. At the same time, I know it is not near as protective as the UAG. I enjoy the aesthetics of devices and hate covering them up but also realize this device could easily be broken. What is everyone else's experience/recommendation?

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
If you want protection with minimal bulk, the UAG is the way to go.
That's my thought as well. For $19.99 I got the Samsung Clear Case and it basically looks like it is not there. Makes it look like a naked phone while also protecting from scratches.

I may pick up a clear UAG but I feel it does not show the aesthetics very well. I am VERY anal with my devices and HATE when they get scratches.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
That's my thought as well. For $19.99 I got the Samsung Clear Case and it basically looks like it is not there. Makes it look like a naked phone while also protecting from scratches.

I may pick up a clear UAG but I feel it does not show the aesthetics very well. I am VERY anal with my devices and HATE when they get scratches.
I am to. I tried a several clear cases and got annoyed with the finger smudges all the time. I finally got the UAG clear and blue and went with it. It's the only case that doesn't feel like it's in a case, it's really light and good fitting. You are correct, you won't get a clear view of the back of the phone, but to get that you deal with finger smudges.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Chose quality folio case. Can't think of any other way to protect the screen without either a bulky case or some product between me and the screen.

PeteDavies

Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
Chose quality folio case. Can't think of any other way to protect the screen without either a bulky case or some product between me and the screen.

My Clear View cover has a weak magnet which switches on the display when opened, but doesn't keep it closed. The stronger magnet in the rear keeps that closed, but interferes with writing on the screen (not a great problem). More worrying is the strength of the front screen. The corner broke off when the phone fell from the car seat onto the car carpet - about 15 inches! Also, due to the stiffness of the 'spine' the cover screen tends to pull across, turning on the phone screen eveb when laid flat. Not cheap either! I'll probably change it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz