I have a Galaxy S8+ running the unlocked firmware on T-Mobile. It was originally purchased from Samsung as a Verizon phone but I flashed the unlocked firmware. Love it and having no issues related to the carrier or anything. I previously had an iPhone 7 Plus. I go back and forth between iOS and Android often so I'm used to switching. When I sold my 7 Plus, I signed out of iMessage and all that.

However, lately I've been having issues with receiving text messages. There's 3 people in the last week that I have texted or they have texted me and their messages to me aren't going through and mine to them either (or sporadically). Two of the users are on Android and one has an iPhone, which tells me it's not an iMessage issue. One contact NEVER goes through. He said he replies to my messages and gets mine but I never get his. No matter what. He's on Android.

The other 2, I messaged them and they never got, then they messaged me and I never got.

What can I try doing to hopefully fix this issue?
    07-06-2017 02:36 PM
    If your coming from an iPhone they need to change contacts from imessage to text and vise versa for you also
    07-06-2017 05:05 PM
    If your coming from an iPhone they need to change contacts from imessage to text and vise versa for you also
    Even if they have an Android? I've never had these issues previously and I change weekly sometimes daily.
    07-06-2017 05:22 PM
    I didn't until iOS 10 or so all sudden I had that problem even sending to myself ask them to try sending a text in imessage but hold down text it should say send as text and see if that works for you not receiving them. I know it sucks I used to switch every other day from iOS to android when I owned my cell store for doing research and development
    07-06-2017 06:44 PM
    Might be an issue with T-Mobile. I have all kinds of issues with than as do many of my friends who are also on T-Mobile. Problems seem to be more prevalent with sending a text message as a T-Mobile subscriber though from my observations.
    tube517 likes this.
    07-07-2017 01:45 PM
    Group texts even with one person with an iPhone seems to cause issues.

Make sure all your APN settings are up to date.
    07-07-2017 04:30 PM
    Group texts even with one person with an iPhone seems to cause issues.

Make sure all your APN settings are up to date.
    Yeah I double checked and all mine settings look good. None of these are group conversations.
    07-07-2017 06:53 PM