Dbrand installed on S8

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
So I ordered two skins. The other skin which I'll probably end up using hasn't arrived yet which is from Might Skins. This one is a Red Carbon Fiber and Blue Carbon Fiber with the camera is from Dbrand. Looks pretty good! Here are some pics. The fit is great.

500719f7a759cf38a873ed1ad3c5d93c.jpg

d3280f79057476ccbfbd3064b65a947e.jpg

ae0a6d43e802530afac6354b526e6165.jpg

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Re: Dbrand skin on my S8 installed just now

Was going after a Cap America and Spiderman theme which I'm a huge marvel fan and those are two of my favorite characters. Turned out pretty sweet. I don't think I'll use a case now. Now it has plenty of grip and isn't slippery anymore. What do you guys think?

hydrofarmer

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site

I have the frost and black one but they also have a frost and blue one. I think the blue one would look awesome for your scheme. Plus you could still see the cool skin through the case. I have had my case since the phone release date and am very happy with it. Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus Case, SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle Series Premium Hybrid Protective Frost Clear Case for Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus 2017 Release, Retail Package (Frost/Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XHGGN7...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5876689

Ecm

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I have the dbrand Dragon skin on my S8+ and love it. Really changes the character of the device for me, and no more worries about scratching up the back. With the Ghost Armor full screen protection that fully wraps the curved glass edges I'm feeling very good about my baby.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site

I have the frost and black one but they also have a frost and blue one. I think the blue one would look awesome for your scheme. Plus you could still see the cool skin through the case. I have had my case since the phone release date and am very happy with it. Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus Case, SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle Series Premium Hybrid Protective Frost Clear Case for Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus 2017 Release, Retail Package (Frost/Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XHGGN7...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5876707
So you think Blue instead of Red would have been better then Red on Blue camera? I guess Cap America is more Blue so you're right. My order goes Spiderman 1, Cap America 2 and Wolverine Logan 3. I could have gone with a yellow skin for Wolverine which would have been killer. I may have to place an order for that combo now that I'm thinking about it. By the way the Logan movie they just made killing Wolverine off was by far the worst marvel movie ever made. Who in there right mind wants to see The Wolverine struggle then only to die. I thought it was a horrible way for Hugh Jackman to leave Wolverine!!! Anyways that's my marvel take. Lol.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site

I have the frost and black one but they also have a frost and blue one. I think the blue one would look awesome for your scheme. Plus you could still see the cool skin through the case. I have had my case since the phone release date and am very happy with it. Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus Case, SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle Series Premium Hybrid Protective Frost Clear Case for Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus 2017 Release, Retail Package (Frost/Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XHGGN7...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5876716
Thanks for the link to the case man! I appreciate that. I've got two cases on the way both are Red though lol. Plus they are really thin and slim profile. I can't handle a lot of bulk if I use a case. Thats why I probably now with this Skin will not even use my two cases that are coming. I'm also going to order the full protection kit from skinomi that protects the sides, corners and bottom in case I drop it. That way I'll have full protection without the bulk of a case at all. I'll post picks of my two slim profile cases.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
To be honest I have always wanted to try dbrand .. I did once back on my 6P and it was cool. I haven't tried it on other phones though. No case scares me a bit with Samsung phones :p.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Does it reduce the slipperiness of the phone? Improve the grip?

Is that even a word? slipperiness?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Does it reduce the slipperiness of the phone? Improve the grip?

Is that even a word? slipperiness?
Oh heck yeah! It makes a huge difference. You'd be shocked. The phone is no longer slippery what so ever. I can easily hold it in one had while typing and it not feel like it's going to slip out of my hand. I highly recommend getting a skin of some sort to use for grip. I'll use this skin for a little while but I like the Mighty Skin better due to the color shade of red it comes in. It's more of a bright red which is much more my style. This one is fine but near as bright red as I like.

By the way I'm a English freak and even I'm not sure that's a Webster defined word or not lol. Now I'll have to do some research on it lol. Grammer has always fascinated me although I didn't major in it. I write a lot for my line of work so Grammer has always been a pet peeve of mine. Lol. You got me there. If I had to make an educated guess I'd say it's a Webster defined word. It sounds good anyway to me lol. I'd use it lol.

rayden8

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I've never used a skin before, so this question is from a beginner. Can you still put a case over a dbrand skin if you ever wanted to, or is the skin too thick?

I like the idea of a skin, and those dbrand skins look great, but there are times when I would want to add the protection or battery charge of a case.

Thanks

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have tried skins before and they look great but I like the glass or metal feel every now and then. The feel of the skin gets old and generally I take off the skin after a few weeks. After that I stopped buying skins and just stuck with slim cases and take them off when not needed or just feel the phone (I know weird 😂)

But yeah they look awesome and I always used to get what's that on the back of my phone questions.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I've never used a skin before, so this question is from a beginner. Can you still put a case over a dbrand skin if you ever wanted to, or is the skin too thick?

I like the idea of a skin, and those dbrand skins look great, but there are times when I would want to add the protection or battery charge of a case.

Thanks
You can easily put a case on with a skin. It's not think at all. Paper thin. Case will be no problem. In fact I have two Red cases on the way. I'll use them some and lots of the time I won't even use them. The skin also gives you all the grip you need to. Dbrand is the most popular but I personally like Mighty Skins which can be found on Amazon. The skin fits perfectly to the back with no overhang so you will be totally fine putting a case over it. Like I said it's about as think as resume paper. Very thin.

Armeniandave

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I always put a skin on and a case. Little bits of stuff can get beween the case and phone and cause small scratches. having a skin on keeps the back perfect.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary