07-11-2017 06:15 AM
67 123
tools
    I'll be with the S8 until the S9 comes out. Note 8 isn't appealing to me with the current rumors. This phone does everything I want and actually has pretty good battery life too.
    I agree with you. The note 8 would have to have something spectacular for me to move. So far the leaked rumors are not getting me all warm and fuzzy feeling. If it does come with 128 GB memory and 6 GB RAM, think it will be Samsung's first $1,000 plus phone.
    07-08-2017 12:33 PM
    After replacing phones on average 3 times a year the technology has reached the point where I have lost my lust for the newest and greatest.

I was never a techophile (if that's a word). Just wanted beautiful screen and more real estate. S8+ provides that so I'll probably keep a year at least.

Caveat: if they bring out a premium phone with replaceable battery I'm in.

More interested in tech watches right now.
    07-08-2017 12:50 PM
    I originally planned on buying the Note 8 but got the S8+ instead. This will likely be my only phone purchase this year. I could sell the S8+ but I'll just keep it. I still have a Note 5 I can keep using as well but the battery life has always been unreliable on it.

I doubt that the Note 8 will have much of a bigger display then the S8+. It may be a bit wider but that's about it. Other then display size, the pen isn't something I absolutely need.

Last year, I bought the S7 Edge and skipped the Note 7.
    07-08-2017 02:15 PM
    Wanted to wait for Note 8 but just couldn't live with the Note 5 as my daily phone any longer. No MHL, etc.

Happy with the plus and curved screen.
    07-08-2017 02:29 PM
    Waiting for the S9 now....
    07-08-2017 02:33 PM
    I am in it for the long haul, I dumped my load into it so-to-speak. I would like to change companies after all the issues I have been having with Samsung support and Sprint with getting my S8+ fixed and working as advertised.

I truly love the phone but Samsung refuses to help with getting it fixed or replaced. Samsung has also made it clear that it's such a big company now that a few hundred people that abandon them for other companies, don't bother them. I mean why not honor the promotions you held or help those people with legitimate issues?

I may take one of the phones my brother's family has when they go to upgrade at the end of the year.
    07-08-2017 04:12 PM
    I'd love to say I was here for the long haul but the longest I've ever used the same phone is 6 months. Got the s8 Plus at launch and jumped to the LG G6 2 weeks later. A month after that I went back to my Lumia 950xl and as of yesterday I've got a regular s8 again. I promised my wife I'd keep this one at least until the s9 comes out but I'm waiting for the Nokia 9 and if that's as good as I'm hoping then it'll be too hard to ignore for me.

P.s I hope she doesn't read this
    Lepa79 and cwbcpa like this.
    07-08-2017 04:20 PM
    Sticking with it. Can't afford to keep throwing money away to chase a specs that are not noticeable with use. Camera is awesome and the performance is great.
    Harlemknight likes this.
    07-08-2017 05:12 PM
    My S8 plus is too close to perfect for me to spend more money on another device. Hopefully I retire by then and I can go back to a flip phone and a tablet.
    07-08-2017 05:30 PM
    After replacing phones on average 3 times a year the technology has reached the point where I have lost my lust for the newest and greatest.

I was never a techophile (if that's a word). Just wanted beautiful screen and more real estate. S8+ provides that so I'll probably keep a year at least.

Caveat: if they bring out a premium phone with replaceable battery I'm in.

More interested in tech watches right now.
    Never going to happen. Almost guaranteed they won't bring that back. Even LG stopped. The V20 was the closest thing to premium design and removable battery.
    07-08-2017 07:23 PM
    I'm happy with my plus. How many are dumping it for the next new phone released, which ever that phone may be, or are you in it for the long haul to at least the S9?
    I got rid of my S8+, just thought about it and I couldn't stand the fingerprint scanner. Also the curved glass and inability to install screen protectors. Phone is excellent however, as expected of Samsung. A phone needs to by physically built tough and durable, and comfortable to use on the daily for me.
    07-08-2017 07:26 PM
    I'm old school keeping it for 2 year made switch form HTC to Samsung and loving it to death so far
    07-08-2017 07:32 PM
    Definitely sticking with it at least 2 years. Cost so much... Need to get my money's worth.
    tube517, Harlemknight and MRS DIVA like this.
    07-08-2017 07:33 PM
    I got rid of my S8+, just thought about it and I couldn't stand the fingerprint scanner. Also the curved glass and inability to install screen protectors. Phone is excellent however, as expected of Samsung. A phone needs to by physically built tough and durable, and comfortable to use on the daily for me.
    I love the fps location. It appears that is a love or hate thing.
    07-08-2017 07:37 PM
    I'm absolutely never switching phones until something better comes along then I will be switching immediately. #upgradeitis
    07-08-2017 07:39 PM
    I'm good with my S8+ for a good while. It has enough internal storage + external storage to last me for a good few years. I don't see myself getting a new one. This one will do right by me.
    07-08-2017 08:46 PM
    Will probably wait till s9. Got to wait till the phone is half paid off before I can switch. I don't see myself switching to another brand as I feel I have become too invested in samsung. I have been customizing a lot over the last 3 months and I'm assuming all my backups (macrodroid, nova launcher, sound profile, samsung backup) will be restored smoothly on the s9. I wouldn't expect the same if I were to switch to a different phone maker.
    07-08-2017 10:33 PM
    Ive had mine for 3 days and I am ridiculously happy with this phone. I will have it a minimum of 12 months.
    07-08-2017 11:08 PM
    I am vert happy with my S8+ and I am not looking to replace it anytime soon. Having said that, I do know me and the minute the Note 8 comes out, I will be first in line. It always works that way for me
    jjinal and Elky64 like this.
    07-09-2017 07:53 AM
    I am vert happy with my S8+ and I am not looking to replace it anytime soon. Having said that, I do know me and the minute the Note 8 comes out, I will be first in line. It always works that way for me
    This. Me.
    07-09-2017 08:03 AM
    At this point I'm just trying to stick with any phone for more than 6 to 11months. I've been switching phones like crazy since the S 5. Lol Hopefully I can hold on to this one at least until the S 9 or note 9. I'm going to have to hide from the note 8 threads. Lol
    cwbcpa likes this.
    07-09-2017 10:47 AM
    At this point I'm just trying to stick with any phone for more than 6 to 11months. I've been switching phones like crazy since the S 5. Lol Hopefully I can hold on to this one at least until the S 9 or note 9. I'm going to have to hide from the note 8 threads. Lol
    It's sooo hard! Android is the worst platform in that everytime you get the greatest and latest, another comes along right at the back of it. At least there's only 1 iPhone release per year (2 if you count the plus model separately).
    Being forum members doesn't help either because there's no escaping it all
    sweetypie31 likes this.
    07-09-2017 12:26 PM
    I have a S8+ and an iPhone 7+. I'm dying to try a Blackberry KeyOne. 😐
    07-09-2017 02:00 PM
    It's sooo hard! Android is the worst platform in that everytime you get the greatest and latest, another comes along right at the back of it. At least there's only 1 iPhone release per year (2 if you count the plus model separately).
    Being forum members doesn't help either because there's no escaping it all
    I won't be able to escape it, but this time I have to try to ignore the temptation . Having a phone addiction is expensive. Lol
    dov1978 and amyf27 like this.
    07-09-2017 02:02 PM
    Currently with the S8+ but will be getting the Note 8. S8+ will become my backup phone. Really like my S8+ though. One of the best smartphones I've ever owned.
    07-09-2017 06:49 PM
67 123