07-27-2017 02:19 AM
84 1234
tools
    No problem! That far of a drop I'm not sure. I have a skinomi liquid skin full coverage for the screen and the dbrand skin on the back. I assume the liauid skin would protect my front screen from a normal drop height but I'm unsure if the dbrand would fully protect the back as it's more for display and grip. Right now I do have a case on it. I'll post a pic. I go back and forth but most of the time when I'm out and about I typically will throw my case on. This case to me is a little thick but I have two more cases on the way that I think are just a tad slimmer. I have a Red one coming and a Blue. Both are the exact same case. One will arrive on Monday. Here's what I have on mine right now.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a13d4ef777.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c92d5485da.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...cbcf47255c.jpg
    Thanks for answering, no doubt that your phone looks gorgeous in the dbrand skin. I bought three cases or covers for my S8+ ; OtterBox Defender, Spigen Rugged Armor and RhinoShield Bumper(check out the screen shot there they are). The real truth is that I'm very impress with the RhinoShield Bumper, it's just a Bumper the front screen and the back of the phone stay naked, but my S8+ took a seven feet fall dress in that Bumper and is in perfect condition.
    07-09-2017 11:17 AM
    Not me I use a case and just purchased a screen protector. Too much glass to go without any protection in my opinion.
    07-09-2017 11:20 AM
    Leather folio case. That way I can at least keep the screen naked.
    07-09-2017 11:42 AM
    My S8+ goes naked when at home and I have a blue/silver Spigen Neo Hybrid case for when I'm out. It's such a great looking and feeling phone, I wish I could do without a case all of the time.
    07-09-2017 11:59 AM
    Thanks for answering, no doubt that your phone looks gorgeous in the dbrand skin. I bought three cases or covers for my S8+ ; OtterBox Defender, Spigen Rugged Armor and RhinoShield Bumper(check out the screen shot there they are). The real truth is that I'm very impress with the RhinoShield Bumper, it's just a Bumper the front screen and the back of the phone stay naked, but my S8+ took a seven feet fall dress in that Bumper and is in perfect condition. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...62a5382433.jpg
    I saw a review on YouTube about that rhino shield. I wished they made one in Red. I still may get it though. They are not cheap though. About 25 dollars but they obviously do the job as it protected your phone on a massive drop. I need to get one. Thanks for sharing.
    07-09-2017 12:43 PM
    Leather folio case. That way I can at least keep the screen naked.
    Any worries about damaging your screen over time by abrasion? The reason I ask is that I have the Spigen S-View flip cover, and when I use it, the credit card holders leave an impression on my Armorsuit film protector. It goes away in a few hours, but it's annoying, and I worry that without any protection this could damage my screen.

It's probably nothing to worry about. But on the other hand, we've been hearing since the Note 7 that Gorilla Glass 5 is very poorly resistant against minor scratches.
    07-09-2017 01:03 PM
    I saw a review on YouTube about that rhino shield. I wished they made one in Red. I still may get it though. They are not cheap though. About 25 dollars but they obviously do the job as it protected your phone on a massive drop. I need to get one. Thanks for sharing.
    You are always welcome. The first case I bought, even before my S8+, was the Spigen Rugged Armor. Then bought the phone and the OtterBox Defender, this time there's wasn't a plastic screen protector at the Defender. People post that they find the Defender lightweight this time, but I found it heavy like the one at my Google Pixel XL and my former Galaxy S6. So I used the Defender at my S8+ around eight or nine days, then the RhinoShield Bumper arrived. Right now my phone is dress with the Spigen Rugged Armor, this one is kind of handsome case but don't get wrong with it cause it already took a fall face down around two to three feet tall and the S8+ is perfect. I know to many falls, as years pass me by my arms and hands are not was they used to be when BlackBerry and Android phones came to play. So since my former Galaxy S6 days the falls began, that's the reason I use OtterBox Defender, but they are heavy. It's a good thing, for me at least, that the Spigen Rugged Armor and the RhinoShield Bumper are working fine taking the falls at my S8+.
    07-09-2017 01:17 PM
    So I am sure this has been discussed but I cannot figure out how to search for it on Tapatalk. I am curious if anyone is using their S8/S8+ naked (the phone...not you lol). If so, how's it holding up? I am personally using a UAG Pathfinder and a Bodyguards tempered glass.
    I highly suggest not going naked. Either you'll end up dropping the phone because it's VERY slippery (curved edges, all glass back) or it'll get micro scratches all over. My work S8 phone was severely scratched up after normal use. Gorilla Glass 5 is the easiest to scratch despite being more shatter resistant. For some strange reason, the front glass scratches much easier than the back, maybe the glass finish is different?
    JoshDunc likes this.
    07-09-2017 02:20 PM
    Naked 24/7
    Alan Sims likes this.
    07-09-2017 03:43 PM
    I use it without a case when I'm at home but when I'm going out I slap a case just to be safe.
    07-09-2017 04:22 PM
    Guilty as charged ............. since Day 1 of it's release
    tr1ad and Alan Sims like this.
    07-09-2017 05:33 PM
    Guilty as charged ............. since Day 1 of it's release
    Same, no screen protector either...
    Picked up a caseology legion case, but wasn't happy with it
    07-09-2017 05:59 PM
    Using a phone these days, especially since it's all about fashionable glass and metal, is dangerous business.
    07-09-2017 07:01 PM
    No nakedness here.Screen protector and otterbox commuter are must have items for me because I'm a klutz.
    07-09-2017 07:56 PM
    Had thick clear plastic backing with the usual 10,000x Verizon markup.

Felt like I was driving a tank.
    07-09-2017 11:28 PM
    Using the s8.

RhinoShield Bumper.
    Official Samsung Film screen protector.
    dbrand Black Dragon back skin.
    07-10-2017 01:35 AM
    I love the sun. Getting naked in my back yard on a hot, sunny, day is a pleasure that I cannot live without.

Oh, wait...

That's not what you were talking about, is it?
    fitcherama likes this.
    07-10-2017 07:52 AM
    I love the sun. Getting naked in my back yard on a hot, sunny, day is a pleasure that I cannot live without.

Oh, wait...

That's not what you were talking about, is it?
    .. anyway, Anker glass screen protector and spigen clear case
    07-10-2017 08:24 AM
    I like minimal sandstone finish cases with my black (usually) phones so its usually the IMAK Cowboy case or Bear Motion Sandstone cases.
    07-10-2017 04:47 PM
    I'm naked right now at the pool hall since I forgot my pool hall case. Phone feels great but still can't help but be worried haha.
    JoshDunc and Kalvin Kerns like this.
    07-10-2017 10:08 PM
    I went naked for 2 months and then finally broke down and got a case simply to give me some more grip (S8 is too skinny).

Now when I take it out of the case, I'm reminded why I don't like them. The phone looks so much nicer without one.

I've dropped the phone a total of 3 times, all inside. Twice without the case and once with it. All ended up on the wood floor. Nothing happened any of those times, thankfully. I dread ever dropping it on concrete though. A case will do nothing nothing about cracks in that situation, only scratches.
    Alan Sims likes this.
    07-11-2017 03:25 PM
    I know this question is subjective and it will differ from person to person. But in a world full of dust, dirt, and grit...are cases really worth it? It seems a lot of cases trap an abrasive material and can still cause micro scratches. I am curious others thoughts on this?
    07-16-2017 07:02 PM
    A good case will pqy for itself with one drop of your $800.00 device.
    Once on, and dust and dirt will be kept out.
    Now a "good case" is also subjective.
    I try them all and, for me, keep coming back to the Otterbox line.
    Using the Commuter one for my S8+.

Anyway, a case is highly recommended. Which one is up to you.

Mav.
    07-16-2017 07:09 PM
    I know this question is subjective and it will differ from person to person. But in a world full of dust, dirt, and grit...are cases really worth it? It seems a lot of cases trap an abrasive material and can still cause micro scratches. I am curious others thoughts on this?
    Do you use a screen protector and a protector for the back of your S8? I ask only bc it's all glass and one good drop could potentially be a disaster. Shattered glass. I use a case about half the time but I've also got a back skin and front screen protector. I'm just worried about that one fatal drop that would destroy the huge investment of the S8. I know for a fact I wouldn't use one it I had the S8 plus as I don't like bulk and the plus is already huge. I use the regular S8 and I like the way it feels in one hand without a case but still though I use a case at times. Around the house I dont use one but when I leave the house I throw on a slim profile case.
    07-16-2017 07:10 PM
    I feel strongly that a phone should have a case, I've had them on all of mine since my first expensive phone in 2012 the Galaxy S3. I worked for Verizon for 4 years, I'd say over 75% of people used a case, and the majority of the phone repairs or insurance claims we did were for people with no case and dropped the phone.

My S7 was the first phone I had that got scratched from debris inside the case, dumb glass back design. I now take my phone out of the case to wash it off occasionally.

Personally I prefer no case, but I've seen far too many broken phones to risk it myself.
    JoshDunc likes this.
    07-16-2017 07:13 PM
84 1234