07-27-2017 03:19 AM
84 1234
tools
    Do you use a screen protector and a protector for the back of your S8? I ask only bc it's all glass and one good drop could potentially be a disaster. Shattered glass. I use a case about half the time but I've also got a back skin and front screen protector. I'm just worried about that one fatal drop that would destroy the huge investment of the S8. I know for a fact I wouldn't use one it I had the S8 plus as I don't like bulk and the plus is already huge. I use the regular S8 and I like the way it feels in one hand without a case but still though I use a case at times. Around the house I dont use one but when I leave the house I throw on a slim profile case.
    I have a screen protector which I swear by. If they had something local where I could purchase one for back, I would do that and go caseless for sure. I am worried about the back getting all scratched up but I have already got a few just from being in a case. Seems like a lose lose situation.
    Dconn1975 likes this.
    07-16-2017 08:21 PM
    I have a screen protector which I swear by. If they had something local where I could purchase one for back, I would do that and go caseless for sure. I am worried about the back getting all scratched up but I have already got a few just from being in a case. Seems like a lose lose situation.
    Get you a skin for the back. Two reasons. One, it immediately gives it a lot of grip and two, it potentially could protect it from shattering on a drop. Either Mighty Skin which I prefer or Dbrand which is my second pick.
    JoshDunc likes this.
    07-16-2017 08:30 PM
    Naked as the day I unboxed it. Dropped it on a tile floor and not a scratch
    JoshDunc likes this.
    07-16-2017 10:22 PM
    Naked as the day I unboxed it. Dropped it on a tile floor and not a scratch
    Just started and it feels AMAZING
    Dconn1975 likes this.
    07-16-2017 10:27 PM
    Just started and it feels AMAZING
    It's a much better feel to it. Granted I have a front liquid glass screen protector and a back Red skin, my phone is basically naked but I wanted some protection.
    JoshDunc likes this.
    07-17-2017 04:05 AM

07-17-2017 04:16 AM
    Just for giggles I take whatever case I have on at work just to admire the sheer beauty of the phone. Otterbox symmetry is what I use the most, I have black one and a clear one. When I'm feeling bold, I'll rock the rhinoshield bumper.
    07-17-2017 04:02 PM
    Does the wireless charging work through a Otter Box Defender?
    Works with the Commuter case I have. Not sure about the Defender, though.
    07-17-2017 08:00 PM
    I put a snap on plastic case on from Verizon. After a day I took it off. So nice with nothing on it.
    eric002 likes this.
    07-21-2017 07:48 AM
    I tried using a case with my S8. I use it Naked everyday. I know I'm not supposed to , but I Am super careful with it other than when i accidentally slipped out of my pocket onto concrete a few months ago. Other than that, everything is fine. Feels good in the hands to without a case. I don't' like the bulk or added weight of a case anyways. Most case options add too much bulk and weight. That Peel case that I've seen online on a few websites doesn't' look like it would provide much drop protection regardless. I was thinking of putting on a DBrand skin, but those skins don't offer any protection either. THey're just to make the phone look pretty. When you have your phone laying down on a flat surface, most of the time, you don't notice the skin at all either!
    07-21-2017 09:15 AM
    I put a snap on plastic case on from Verizon. After a day I took it off. So nice with nothing on it.
    I agree with you! The phone feels soo nice without a case on it. I know it's an expensive phone and we should be protecting the phone and all, but wow, it's awesome. One of the main physical features that I love about the S8 is the Gorilla Glass 5. Depending on the viewing angle, I can barely see fingerprints compared to my older Nexus 6P which is a big deal to me. Also, even when I get the phone very dirty/greasy, it's super easy to clean the phone off!
    07-21-2017 09:18 AM
    My phones are very modest; usually they prefer the Otterbox designer.
    amyf27 likes this.
    07-21-2017 09:57 AM
    Not true. Have a friend who has an armor-like case and he delights in dropping it on concrete floors and watching it flop around.
    07-22-2017 11:39 AM
    Works with the Commuter case I have. Not sure about the Defender, though.
    Works through both.
    riccowboy2014 likes this.
    07-22-2017 11:47 AM
    I keep looking at cases because I feel like I should use one for what seems like a fragile device. But I know I'll end up taking it off in a matter of days...sometimes hours. So for now I'm going without. And it feels great. Only problem is it tends to slip out if my shorts pocket while in the car.
    07-22-2017 07:09 PM
    Been using Rhinoshield CrashGuard yesterday and today. As close to naked as I'm getting.
    07-22-2017 07:15 PM
    No nakedness for this S8+

I just dropped it today it went face down on the concrete driveway. I was getting out of the car and was trying to put it in my holster while getting out.

I have the Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro w/the Supcase tempered glass screen protector.

Now, this screen protector isn't the best looking because you can see the adhesive. That doesn't bother me because I wanted protection. I know everyone does not like it.

The screen protector had cracks and fell off. However, the actual screen had no scratches and is absolutely fine.

I got lucky and it was my fault. I'm buying a new screen protector because that's just too close a call.
    07-22-2017 07:22 PM
    I have small children so I'm way to nervous of cracking the screen or back so my phone never goes naked. Skinomi screen protector and hybrid case for me.
    07-22-2017 07:24 PM
    I have a 2 year old. She never gets to hold my phone
    07-22-2017 07:43 PM
    I bought the wireless charger today and it only charges when I may the phone on its side. The charging paused when I put the phone straight up and down.
    07-22-2017 08:35 PM
    Does not work with my defender, standing straight up and down, only when I may or on its side
    07-22-2017 08:37 PM
    People that walk around naked are usually nuts- as are people walking around with an all glass device
    07-22-2017 09:32 PM
    Samsung leather folio/wallet case. Doesn't show off the phone but I must have a naked screen. Feels plush and luxurious. Not for everyone.
    07-23-2017 01:25 AM
    Samsung leather folio/wallet case. Doesn't show off the phone but I must have a naked screen. Feels plush and luxurious. Not for everyone.
    Same here, got a folio case myself (otterbox strada) I Also want to feel the screen, don't want a screen protector.

When I come to think about it it's madness really that I feel I have to put the phone in a case or it will end up breaking it or damaging it with just a normal drop ( already dropped twice (no case) and been very lucky)

I would rather pay a couple of extra hundred $$$$ or ££££'s if they could come up with better materials to protect the phone without ruining the beauty of it.

Mind you I do take the phone out of the case when I'm at home and it's a nice feeling when you take the phone from its case, then you start to really appreciate the feel and beauty of the phone again.
    07-23-2017 02:31 AM
    I'm going naked with a Dbrand dragon skin on the back of the phone. I just love how this phone feels naked that I'm prepared to just be more careful during day to day use. I've just ordered a Sena pouch for those times I want a little more protection.
    07-23-2017 04:42 AM
84 1234