Anyone going naked?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I love the sun. Getting naked in my back yard on a hot, sunny, day is a pleasure that I cannot live without.

Oh, wait...

That's not what you were talking about, is it?

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I like minimal sandstone finish cases with my black (usually) phones so its usually the IMAK Cowboy case or Bear Motion Sandstone cases.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm naked right now at the pool hall since I forgot my pool hall case. Phone feels great but still can't help but be worried haha.

deadbeatles

May 2, 2017
Visit site
I went naked for 2 months and then finally broke down and got a case simply to give me some more grip (S8 is too skinny).

Now when I take it out of the case, I'm reminded why I don't like them. The phone looks so much nicer without one.

I've dropped the phone a total of 3 times, all inside. Twice without the case and once with it. All ended up on the wood floor. Nothing happened any of those times, thankfully. I dread ever dropping it on concrete though. A case will do nothing nothing about cracks in that situation, only scratches.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Are cases actually worth it?

I know this question is subjective and it will differ from person to person. But in a world full of dust, dirt, and grit...are cases really worth it? It seems a lot of cases trap an abrasive material and can still cause micro scratches. I am curious others thoughts on this?

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Are cases actually worth it?

A good case will pqy for itself with one drop of your $800.00 device.
Once on, and dust and dirt will be kept out.
Now a "good case" is also subjective.
I try them all and, for me, keep coming back to the Otterbox line.
Using the Commuter one for my S8+.

Anyway, a case is highly recommended. Which one is up to you.

Mav.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site

I know this question is subjective and it will differ from person to person. But in a world full of dust, dirt, and grit...are cases really worth it? It seems a lot of cases trap an abrasive material and can still cause micro scratches. I am curious others thoughts on this?
Do you use a screen protector and a protector for the back of your S8? I ask only bc it's all glass and one good drop could potentially be a disaster. Shattered glass. I use a case about half the time but I've also got a back skin and front screen protector. I'm just worried about that one fatal drop that would destroy the huge investment of the S8. I know for a fact I wouldn't use one it I had the S8 plus as I don't like bulk and the plus is already huge. I use the regular S8 and I like the way it feels in one hand without a case but still though I use a case at times. Around the house I dont use one but when I leave the house I throw on a slim profile case.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

I feel strongly that a phone should have a case, I've had them on all of mine since my first expensive phone in 2012 the Galaxy S3. I worked for Verizon for 4 years, I'd say over 75% of people used a case, and the majority of the phone repairs or insurance claims we did were for people with no case and dropped the phone.

My S7 was the first phone I had that got scratched from debris inside the case, dumb glass back design. I now take my phone out of the case to wash it off occasionally.

Personally I prefer no case, but I've seen far too many broken phones to risk it myself.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site

Do you use a screen protector and a protector for the back of your S8? I ask only bc it's all glass and one good drop could potentially be a disaster. Shattered glass. I use a case about half the time but I've also got a back skin and front screen protector. I'm just worried about that one fatal drop that would destroy the huge investment of the S8. I know for a fact I wouldn't use one it I had the S8 plus as I don't like bulk and the plus is already huge. I use the regular S8 and I like the way it feels in one hand without a case but still though I use a case at times. Around the house I dont use one but when I leave the house I throw on a slim profile case.
I have a screen protector which I swear by. If they had something local where I could purchase one for back, I would do that and go caseless for sure. I am worried about the back getting all scratched up but I have already got a few just from being in a case. Seems like a lose lose situation.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I have a screen protector which I swear by. If they had something local where I could purchase one for back, I would do that and go caseless for sure. I am worried about the back getting all scratched up but I have already got a few just from being in a case. Seems like a lose lose situation.
Get you a skin for the back. Two reasons. One, it immediately gives it a lot of grip and two, it potentially could protect it from shattering on a drop. Either Mighty Skin which I prefer or Dbrand which is my second pick.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
011be5ac1b1b60726bb724a64c3ac4ff.jpg

31c859cab957da3271ece964e6b31c5b.jpg

1e8b7236edfa36f97c46158312b71b5f.jpg

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Just for giggles I take whatever case I have on at work just to admire the sheer beauty of the phone. Otterbox symmetry is what I use the most, I have black one and a clear one. When I'm feeling bold, I'll rock the rhinoshield bumper.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I tried using a case with my S8. I use it Naked everyday. I know I'm not supposed to , but I Am super careful with it other than when i accidentally slipped out of my pocket onto concrete a few months ago. Other than that, everything is fine. Feels good in the hands to without a case. I don't' like the bulk or added weight of a case anyways. Most case options add too much bulk and weight. That Peel case that I've seen online on a few websites doesn't' look like it would provide much drop protection regardless. I was thinking of putting on a DBrand skin, but those skins don't offer any protection either. THey're just to make the phone look pretty. When you have your phone laying down on a flat surface, most of the time, you don't notice the skin at all either!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol