Anyone going naked?

Ecm

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've gone with the dbrand dragon skin on the back, full-screen Ghost Armor on the front. It may not be naked, but it feels that way. A better grip and no worries about scratching up the back.

20170601_133349602_iOS.jpg

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Just a question, I assure you that my intention isn't to start a controversial here. This kind of protection you use at your phone can take a long fall? Weeks ago my wife was in Intensive Care Unit at the hospital. I was so concerned and nervous that my S8+ and a pack of Marlboro I took off my pocket went, both of them, seven feet down. My phone was dress with a RhinoShield Bumper case and was and is in perfect condition.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Just a question, I assure you that my intention isn't to start a controversial here. This kind of protection you use at your phone can take a long fall? Weeks ago my wife was in Intensive Care Unit at the hospital. I was so concerned and nervous that my S8+ and a pack of Marlboro I took off my pocket went, both of them, seven feet down. My phone was dress with a RhinoShield Bumper case and was and is in perfect condition.
No problem! That far of a drop I'm not sure. I have a skinomi liquid skin full coverage for the screen and the dbrand skin on the back. I assume the liauid skin would protect my front screen from a normal drop height but I'm unsure if the dbrand would fully protect the back as it's more for display and grip. Right now I do have a case on it. I'll post a pic. I go back and forth but most of the time when I'm out and about I typically will throw my case on. This case to me is a little thick but I have two more cases on the way that I think are just a tad slimmer. I have a Red one coming and a Blue. Both are the exact same case. One will arrive on Monday. Here's what I have on mine right now.

22f1f24723fab0c62745f5a13d4ef777.jpg

6629dd261d8802a1cf5f64c92d5485da.jpg

894b209025e4acc879b676cbcf47255c.jpg

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
No problem! That far of a drop I'm not sure. I have a skinomi liquid skin full coverage for the screen and the dbrand skin on the back. I assume the liauid skin would protect my front screen from a normal drop height but I'm unsure if the dbrand would fully protect the back as it's more for display and grip. Right now I do have a case on it. I'll post a pic. I go back and forth but most of the time when I'm out and about I typically will throw my case on. This case to me is a little thick but I have two more cases on the way that I think are just a tad slimmer. I have a Red one coming and a Blue. Both are the exact same case. One will arrive on Monday. Here's what I have on mine right now.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170709/22f1f24723fab0c62745f5a13d4ef777.jpg

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170709/6629dd261d8802a1cf5f64c92d5485da.jpg

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170709/894b209025e4acc879b676cbcf47255c.jpg
Thanks for answering, no doubt that your phone looks gorgeous in the dbrand skin. I bought three cases or covers for my S8+ ; OtterBox Defender, Spigen Rugged Armor and RhinoShield Bumper(check out the screen shot there they are). The real truth is that I'm very impress with the RhinoShield Bumper, it's just a Bumper the front screen and the back of the phone stay naked, but my S8+ took a seven feet fall dress in that Bumper and is in perfect condition.
40260df0a257ebb71bbfa962a5382433.jpg

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Not me I use a case and just purchased a screen protector. Too much glass to go without any protection in my opinion.

gregg6942

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
My S8+ goes naked when at home and I have a blue/silver Spigen Neo Hybrid case for when I'm out. It's such a great looking and feeling phone, I wish I could do without a case all of the time.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for answering, no doubt that your phone looks gorgeous in the dbrand skin. I bought three cases or covers for my S8+ ; OtterBox Defender, Spigen Rugged Armor and RhinoShield Bumper(check out the screen shot there they are). The real truth is that I'm very impress with the RhinoShield Bumper, it's just a Bumper the front screen and the back of the phone stay naked, but my S8+ took a seven feet fall dress in that Bumper and is in perfect condition. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170709/40260df0a257ebb71bbfa962a5382433.jpg
I saw a review on YouTube about that rhino shield. I wished they made one in Red. I still may get it though. They are not cheap though. About 25 dollars but they obviously do the job as it protected your phone on a massive drop. I need to get one. Thanks for sharing.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Leather folio case. That way I can at least keep the screen naked.

Any worries about damaging your screen over time by abrasion? The reason I ask is that I have the Spigen S-View flip cover, and when I use it, the credit card holders leave an impression on my Armorsuit film protector. It goes away in a few hours, but it's annoying, and I worry that without any protection this could damage my screen.

It's probably nothing to worry about. But on the other hand, we've been hearing since the Note 7 that Gorilla Glass 5 is very poorly resistant against minor scratches.

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I saw a review on YouTube about that rhino shield. I wished they made one in Red. I still may get it though. They are not cheap though. About 25 dollars but they obviously do the job as it protected your phone on a massive drop. I need to get one. Thanks for sharing.
You are always welcome. The first case I bought, even before my S8+, was the Spigen Rugged Armor. Then bought the phone and the OtterBox Defender, this time there's wasn't a plastic screen protector at the Defender. People post that they find the Defender lightweight this time, but I found it heavy like the one at my Google Pixel XL and my former Galaxy S6. So I used the Defender at my S8+ around eight or nine days, then the RhinoShield Bumper arrived. Right now my phone is dress with the Spigen Rugged Armor, this one is kind of handsome case but don't get wrong with it cause it already took a fall face down around two to three feet tall and the S8+ is perfect. I know to many falls, as years pass me by my arms and hands are not was they used to be when BlackBerry and Android phones came to play. So since my former Galaxy S6 days the falls began, that's the reason I use OtterBox Defender, but they are heavy. It's a good thing, for me at least, that the Spigen Rugged Armor and the RhinoShield Bumper are working fine taking the falls at my S8+.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
So I am sure this has been discussed but I cannot figure out how to search for it on Tapatalk. I am curious if anyone is using their S8/S8+ naked (the phone...not you lol). If so, how's it holding up? I am personally using a UAG Pathfinder and a Bodyguards tempered glass.

I highly suggest not going naked. Either you'll end up dropping the phone because it's VERY slippery (curved edges, all glass back) or it'll get micro scratches all over. My work S8 phone was severely scratched up after normal use. Gorilla Glass 5 is the easiest to scratch despite being more shatter resistant. For some strange reason, the front glass scratches much easier than the back, maybe the glass finish is different?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital